To forgive is to forget

So close.. yet still so far

 

Kim Jaejoong had decided to forget him, the very man who has promised to never hurt him but was the one who had inflicted a very deep wound to his heart.

I love Kim Jaejoongie~ I love you so much. I will never hurt you. Ill protect you from whoever hurts you! No one hurts my Jaejoongie~

Yunho had promised one afternoon while they were cuddling in the sofa of Yunho’s office. Sharing stories over a cup of coffee and just feeling so happy when your loved one is close. Jaejoong remembers it all and it hurts him more to know that he was not enough.

Sun Hye, Jaejoong is nothing to me. We are just mere acquaintances that get together once in a while for a cup of coffee. What we have is pure platonic friendship. Please like anyone can tie me down. I am Jung Yunho for God’s sake.

Jaejoong had overheard when he was about to enter Yunho’s office to surprise him with his homemade lunch. Jung Yunho had been sulking because Jaejoong was too busy to meet him because of the preparation of his new album. But instead of surprising Yunho he was the one that was surprised.

He could not believe it. The man he gave his all. The man he thought had loved him whole-heartedly. The man who he loves whole-heartedly. How can he?

 

His sad thoughts was broken by the sound of thousands of thousands of voices chanting ‘Encore!’. He approached his manager and said to him to play the last song. The manager looked at him worriedly. The slightly swollen and misty eyes of Jaejoong had been tell-tale signs of him crying.

“Are you sure?” He asked the singer. And the singer nodded meekly

“neh hyung.” Right then and there , He realized Kim Jaejoong is a strong person. Not only that but he’s also beautiful Inside and Out. The manager smiled encouragingly at Jaejoong

“Then lets not make Cassiopeia wait.” He said as he proceed to inform the staff.

 

Jaejoong then takes his place below the stage and waits as he is lifted to the stage. His heart is beating painfully and he tries hard not to cry, And for a little while he succeeds.

He is then lifted and now standing in front of his loyal fans. His loyal fans who had been there for him all throughout. The fans squeal and waves their red lightsticks enthusiastically.

“Everyone , Thank you once again for coming to my concert. This last song is very special to me and because you all are special to me let me serenade you with this. This is my feelings, my true emotions. I am baring myself for all to see. ”

He tried hard to smile for his fans but he could not muster a real smile. He justs looks around the arena thoughtful and thankful.

And the music starts..

 

You’re in my arms  

And all the world is gone

The music playing on

For only two.

So close, together

And when I’m with you

So close

To feeling alive

 

Jaejoong was reminded of the time when Yunho was acting mushy one night after their dinner in Yunho’s house. Yunho had suddenly pulled Jaejoong to dance in front of the fireplace with So Close playing in the background.

So close, together

And when I’m with you

So close

To feeling alive

 

Yunho had sang those lines looking Jaejoong Eye to Eye. Like imprinting a promise in the depths of Jaejoong’s eyes. 

 

Jaejoong painfully wondered where did it go wrong.

 

 
Romantic dreams will stop
So I bid mine goodbye and never knew
So close was waiting, waiting here with you
And now forever I know
All that I wanted to hold you
So close

 

Jaejoong was ready to throw out his career. He was ready to approach and battle the world head on for Yunho. And Jaejoong was also sure that Yunho was feeling the same. So why?

 

Romantic dreams will stop huh? But even when you hurt me, I am still yearning to be with you. Why am I feeling this way Yunho-yah?

 


 

So close to reaching that famous happy end
Almost believing this was not pretend
And now you’re beside me and look how far we’ve come
So far we are so close 

 

 

Yunho did you even love me? Those times you said those words, we’re they meaningless?

 

 

How could I face the faceless days
If I should lose you now?
We’re so close
To reaching that famous happy end
And almost believing this was not pretend
Let’s go on dreaming for we know we are
So close 
So close
And still so far

 

 

Yunho, I don’t want to feel this pain anymore. I want to be able to smile again. I want to be happy and I want to be contented. Forgiving is Forgetting- I know of this so now that I’ve made my mind. I shall forget all those days that we we’re together. I-I can’t do this anymore. Lets be happy in our own ways. I have forgiven you. I hope for your happiness.

 

“So close.. and still so far..”  And try as he may not to cry. One lone tear rolled down his face.

“When you love someone, despite the hurt and pain. When you give your all to this someone even when it leaves you broken and hurting. And all through out of it you clench and smile, because even though this person did not find happiness in you, You know he’s happy and contented. That what Love is everyone. I once again thank you for going to this concert. Kamsahamnida!” And with that last bow, The days of bliss and pain was forgotten and forgiven.