one.

Yongguk Drabbles

 

My lips parted slightly as I attempted to calculate what was just said towards me.

“Huh?” my brows furrowed together with confusion, “Wait, what did you say?”

Sprawled across the bed I rolled onto my stomach while one hand firmly grasped the phone that was pressed against my ear. It was another silent night in my apartment. Having the usual routine of taking a shower and drawing away on my sketchpad to pass the time, I hadn’t expected a phone call.

“Do you want to come over to the recording studio?” the deep yet curious voice repeated yet again.

“Tonight?”

“Tonight.”

Gazing down at my current attire I went silent. It was a sudden request that surely caught me off guard. Why me? Out of all people, what made him pick up his phone to call me?

“But wouldn’t you be working…?” I asked slowly.

“Yeah, but you won’t bother me or anything.” he stated, I could hear him sighing on the other line; he was starting to back away from his proposal. “You don’t have to…”

“No.” I quickly cut him off sitting up in my bed immediately. A smile began to grow on my lips, “I just… Normally when you record it’s just yourself. The guys told me that anyway.” I finished.

He hummed, “If that was the case I wouldn’t have called you.”

“I know.”

“Are you coming?”

“I guess so.” I let out an exaggerated sigh only to receive a low chuckle in return.

“I’ll see you soon.”

“Okay, bye~” I sang into the phone before hanging up. Scooting off of my bed I went to my dresser to find something more suitable to wear. Showing up in my pajamas would be comical but it was too chilly out and there was no way I was going to catch a cold.

After changing into something more presentable, yet still comfy, I gathered my belongings. I was about to leave my apartment before stopping. Turning back on my heel I scurried back to my room grabbing my sketchbook then left to leave for the studio.

I didn’t expect Yongguk to bother calling me, especially when it came to him and his music. But it did put a smile on my face knowing that I was someone that popped into his mind. There was no doubt that I had feelings for him. If I didn’t I sure as hell wouldn’t go all this way just to hang out with someone in a studio.

Standing in front of the door I inhaled slowly. I felt jittery but that didn’t stop me from knocking on the door a few times. I silently listened to someone shuffling around on the other side before making their way towards the door and opening it to greet me.

Meeting eyes with the male as a grin grew on his lips showing off all of his pearly whites and his gums “You came.” He said before pulling me into a hug.

There was no hesitation with me returning the embrace. It was natural for us to greet one another this way, and it was something I enjoyed. Feeling his arms wrap around me and being able to inhale his sent made tiny butterflies dance in my stomach.

“Of course I came.” Breaking away from the hug I smiled up at him, “This was something I couldn’t pass up.”

His grin fell to a smirk before motioning for me to come inside. Stepping inside the room I looked around. Papers were scattered everywhere, the same went with books, and his wall was decorated with different posters, pictures, pretty much anything that he found interesting. There was a piano hidden under some photos, a guitar that leaned against the desk near his computer, and a microphone was on the other end. It was a bit chaotic but I had no room to talk. My ‘art room’ was the same way except it had more paint, paper, and pencils scattered all over the place.

“It’s a mess, I know.” I broke my gaze from the room towards Yongguk watching as he rubbed the side of his neck sounding slightly embarrassed.

“It’s totally fine. Just shows how much effort you’re putting into your work.”

Silent fell as my eyes traveled around the room then resting on the sketchbook I had brought along with me, “I didn’t want to bother you so I got my drawing supplies with me.” I began, watching him travel back to where I guess he sat earlier before I came.

“I already said you wouldn’t bother me.”

“You say that but-“ I cut myself off as I quickly looked away to avoid his eye contact as he looked at me for a moment with disapproval that vanished almost immediately afterwards.

“Come sit next to me.”

Grabbing the extra chair I rolled it over to where Yongguk was sitting and made myself comfortable. Crossing my legs while leaning both elbows on the desk and resting my chin in my hands a tiny sigh escaped my lips.

“Did you invite me so I can record my first single?” I joked wiggling my eyebrows towards him.

He shook his head, “I don’t think you’re ready for a single yet.” Yongguk chuckled after seeing my expression change.

Huffing I narrowed my eyes, “I practice singing in the shower, I’m so ready for a single.” Not helping myself I laughed, “I can hit notes like Daehyun any day.” I finished before our laughter escalated. We soon settled down and I found myself staring at the computer screen with wonder.

“So, how are you able to make music?” I asked tilting my head towards Yongguk as his brown eyes stared into mine; gaze unreadable. My heart was beginning to speed up. He always made me nervous whenever he stared at me without saying a word.

Clearing his throat he turned his attention to the screen in front of him, “Well…” he took a moment to get his thoughts together before explaining what he did to his best ability. There were a lot of things I didn’t know about music. It made me envious that he did everything with such ease. Clicking a few buttons here and there he was able to make an instrumental in a matter of minutes. That was something I had always blew me away. His creativity with music was truly amazing. I made sure to tell him that. He only laughed, saying that he wasn’t that great.

“Well I think it’s great. So I win.” With a small smile I opened my sketchbook and began drawing. Shrugging in defeat Yongguk turned his attention back to his music and soon we were both immersed in our own projects.

The silence was comfortable as we worked along. I could only guess that we were like this for about an hour. Moments like this were something I never complained about. Even if it was nice that same question ran through my mind. Why did he invite me? Looking up from my sketchpad my eyes went over towards Yongguk. Still absorbed in his work I took the time to take in his side profile. From his brown hair, thick eyebrows, dark eyes, and plumped lips you couldn’t help but to stare.

“What is it?” Yongguk questioned; eyes still on the screen.

My shoulders tensed, “Uhh…” I replied stupidly mentally hitting myself in the head. “Why did you invite me?” I suddenly asked knowing if I didn’t ask him now I never would.

Yongguk didn’t reply right away. Only shifting around in his chair and clearing his throat. Blinking I noticed his ears growing red. That was something that caught me off guard. Was he… Embarrassed? My shoulders relaxed, I didn’t say a word. Only waiting to hear him explain.

“I…” he began running his fingers through his head, voice sounding hesitant, “I wanted to spend time with you.” Yongguk muttered underneath his breath as his cheeks grew a light shade of pink.

All I could do was smile. My stomach did back flips and I suddenly felt more awake despite how late it was. “Oh, well thanks for inviting me Yongguk.” His eyes gazed into mine with happiness, pleased to hear my answer.

“Would you want to do this again? Just me and you?”

“Yeah… I’d like that a lot.”