Blood

Teacher, Student and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of ambulance sirens were lingering hazily in Han Na’s ears as she brought herself to conscious state. Her whole body was aching terribly. Not to say that she has claustrophobia but the surrounding felt tight and cramped, she was having a hard time breathing. Her eyes slowly came to open, eyebrows still furrowing deeply. What she saw before her eyes made her in great puzzlement and worried. She was lying helplessly on the cold ground and on top of her was Kris, eyeing at her earnestly. His body was shaking weakly while his hands were each next to Han Na’s shoulder.

“Op..pa”, she only managed to whisper, feeling the sudden dry throat.

Kris tried to crack a smile seeing the tears that were drowning her beautiful eyes. “It’s okay.. I got.. you”, he paused many times in between his words and while panting.

Han Na noticed it clearly that he was in midst of hardships. She was perplexed with the dark and dusty environment. After a while, her eyes started to see more clearly, yet she saw nothing but darkness with small strips of light coming from everywhere. Tiny dust particles were flying right before her eyes. There were pile of bricks and woods on top of Kris’ body who was struggling to prevent it from crashing them.

“What happen?”, she asked in bewilderment.

“Our house...c-collapsed”, he cringed his face as he hung it lower. The pain and load were unbearable.

A drop of blood lightly came in contact with Han Na’s cheek. She looked up and gasped at the massive amount of blood that was dripping from the side of Kris’ forehead. “You’re hurt !”, she started to move and worried at sudden. A sound of bricks rumbling and crashing were echoing somewhere near them as they froze.

“Don’t move”, he whispered.

A tear eventually streamed down the side of her eyes as she tightly shut them close. “But you’re hurt”, she whimpered. “We need to get you some help...or you’ll-“, her trembling words were cut off by Kris sudden confession.

“I love you”, he smiled.

Han Na paused for a second. “No..no..don’t say that. Stay with me!”, she slightly raised her voice at him as her view was blurred by her tears. Kris was smiling, yet a tear dropped down to Han Na’s face. His tears were somehow stinging her skin like poisons.

She heard a loud and deep resonant sound from just anywhe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter