Too old for this

Bounce

 

Someday, someone’s got to be too old for something and that someone would definitely be me.

 

I am Lee Sungjong, 18 years old and I’m inside a moon bounce. How did I end up here? Simple, my mom literally dragged me all the way to Hanmae Park just to look after my younger twin siblings play in the moon bounce. I could’ve just watched them from the outside, but NO. Mom says its too dangerous to leave them all by themselves. 

 

What about me? I am too big and I can almost reach the top of the moon bounce. I could tumble any moment because there are too many kids in here. Annoying kids with their fidgety feet and drooling mouths. Disgusting. How did I end having 6-year-old twin siblings?! I would’ve been fine as an only child. Due to frustration, I sat in the corner and kept tugging my hair. I didn’t notice a little girl was staring right at me.

 

“Uhh..Hi?”

 

She cocked her head and squinted her eyes. Is this kid a bit young to be checking me out?

 

“Oppa, looks so familiar...” She mumbled but loud enough for me to hear.

 

“Kid, I don’t think you should talk to strangers.”

 

“But, I-”

 

“Nakyung~”

 

The little girl was interrupted by another girl’s voice but it was slightly older. I didn’t bother to look up because I was not in the mood. The little girl ran to whoever called her. I was about to go and find the twins, when someone called me.

 

“Oh, Lee Sungjong.”

 

I stopped and tried to listen if I was really called.

 

“Lee Sungjong. That’s you, right?”

 

I swiftly turned around but after a few seconds I totally regret doing that. The one who called the little girl and the one who called me was no other than, Kim Nara. She goes to my school and also known as the boyish doll because she was really cute but acts a bit like a boy. This blonde, glass-wearing girl is my first love.

 

I met her when she first came to my neighbourhood because of a birthday party. We were elementary schoolers at that time. She saved me from the bullies who keep accusing me as a girl because, well, I look like a girl. I don’t know if she still remembers that. We went to the same school from middle school to high school. Everyone thinks we suite each other because of our babyish appearance but I don’t think she agrees.

 

“Lee Sungjong. Its me, Kim Nara. We go to the same school.”

 

I could only nod. My body became stiff and so were my eyes. I couldn’t look away from hers. She had big, dark eyes, kind of like mine. Hers were just so beautiful.

 

“Oh!”

 

The cute voice disrupted me from staring at her eyes to the little girl beside her.

 

“That’s why Oppa looks familiar. Unnie has a picture of you in her laptop.”

 

My eyes widened and a blush crept onto my cheeks. She was beginning to grow pink, too.

 

“I, uhh, you were on the school website. You were featured yet again to ace all of the tests. I’m the school’s editor-in-chief so I check the news the members made for approval, in case you forgot.”

 

“Y-yeah...”

 

I was looking down on my socks unable to talk because my heart was beating so loud. It was so loud that if I talk, the sound might escape from my mouth.

 

“Sungjong-ssi, do you...want to go out? Like, right now? I saw you were completely bored a while ago.”

 

D-did my ears deceive me? Is she asking me out? Its kind of weird for a girl to ask a guy, but who cares? Its Kim Nara who asked Lee Sungjong!

 

“I’m...uhh...I..”

 

I was completely shocked that I stuttered and couldn’t make out the words properly.

 

“Its okay if you don’t want to. I don’t mind.”

 

“NO!”

 

I grabbed her wrist which claims me an idiot for doing that.

 

“Sorry. Uhh, sure, I’d like to go out...w-with you.”

 

Her shocked expression soon turned into a big pretty smile.

 

“Great. We’ll ask permission first then I’ll meet you at the cafe down the street.”

 

She waved at me and took Nakyung with her out of the moon bounce. Once she was out of sight, I grinned like an idiot and started jumping up and down. The colored plastic underneath me bounced back as I jumped sending me up the ceiling. Just like when I look at Nara, my heart jumps frantically up and down.

I don’t care if I’m too old for moon bounces.