Mirror

In this Foreign Land

In this foreign land

Another person, another soul. I can see her intoxicating eyes luring you in with a seducting sparkle. Her frail arms embracing you as she coxes you do to cater to her every need. There is a sly smile on her beautiful face. She knows that she is winning the battle between the two of us. I gaze at the mirror in contempt, however I could not hold back my fascinated wonder.

That girl, the one in the mirror with the lucious chestnut hair, thin face, red plump lips, a curvy body of the perfect proportions. She is a seductress pulling you in like a stray puppy with her eyes. The girl on the other side of the mirror os me, however she is the me I wished I could be. She had all the things I wanted yet all those things reduced down to you. The most important thing she had that I want is you. I could not gain your affection like she could, I lack courage, confidence and I was always doubting myself.

Time, time was ticking away. I can hear the beats inside my head ticking louder and louder pounding viciously inside my head. The thought makes me nauseous. What if I mess this up?

I mess a lot of things up, I’m a natural clutz and according to other I lack issential atributes such as intelligence and beauty. One of my favorite characteristics about myself however is that I love everyone regardless of whether or not they like me back. A flaw in that though is that I get used by my peers which in all honesty hurts. In the end I plan on getting rid of my insecurities and doubts all for my love of you.

When I sit in class I can feel your gaze on me.

“Christine.” Alexander the boy that sit next to me whispers. I look towards him and he leans over to say what needs to be said.

“He looks mad Christine.” Alexander said making a gesture towards Sehun. I gasp in shock when I see the brown eyes placed on me as though he was shooting a dart at a dart board. I could see displeasure in his eyes clouding his usual cheeriness and look down at the floor trying to break the eye contact.

Directly after the bell rings I bolt out of my seat in hopes that I can escape as quickly as possible. Just when I think I made it I feel a hand roughly grab my wrist in a painful way. I cry out lightly and Sehun backs me against the wall. No longer is there anger in his eyes, instead they are filled with sadness and guilt. He places his hand on my cheek softly my flushed cheeks. He opens his mouth as though he is about to say something, however he shuts it again as though he can’t grasp what he wants to say.

When he opens his mouth again he blurts out the words I had never thought I would hear. “Please don’t ignore me, I know I haven’t really given you a clue about how I feel about you, but I like you. I don’t know why, you’re just kind and sweet and your posses this beauty that captivates others. Your eyes sparkle brightly when you smile and when you talk your voice cuts into my soul stealing another peace of my heart.” He whispered his head down and that was the first time I had ever seen him blushing, let alone talking for so long. I was overjoyed, and so I immediately hugged him to me and whispered that I liked him back.

That is the moment I came to the conclusion that I overthing the details, which in fact I shouldn’t. I don’t have to be some gorgeous woman to win the guy’s affection, I just have to be myself. My quirky, hillariously embarrassing, cheesy self.