Final

Butterfly

That's simply gross. Is he insane? She's like his younger sister.

I wouldn't mind him dating a fangirl, but a girl 10 years younger than him? No. Simply no.

Stupid girl. There are still tons of guys out there. Why a member of Super Lame Junior? Seriously. This kid have issues.

Now delusional fangirls have raised their hopes up on marrying their 'oppas'. Thanks Yesung.

I wonder how she managed to seduce him? Ugh. Sasaengs.

*******

It's been a week since the both of you went 'public' with your relationship.

And just like other idol relationships, it became an instant buzz.

Super Junior's lead vocalist, Yesung, who just turned 28, is dating one of his fangirls. The twist? His eighteen-year old  fangirl.

The group halted all their activities after the announcement. Everyone knows that SJ is one of the most hated idol groups in Korea, and this just triggered all the hating. Thirty-percent left the fanclub. To make it simple, the relationship turned everything into a complete mess.

*******

As you walk through the corridor of your school, you can't help but notice strange looks everyone has been giving you. It's been like this since the day of the broadcast, where he admitted that he's dating you, a senior high school student, and a member of his group's fanclub.

You entered the classroom, with a blank expression written all over your place. You've never thought this would be the consequences. At the first place, you've never thought he'll announce it to everybody. 'How can you be so stupid Oppa?', you thought.

You slumped on your seat, as if you've been studying for twelve hours straight, except it's only ten minutes before class. The classroom is almost filled with students, some of them your 'former' friends. No one really bothered talking to you since that day. For them, you're a pathetic teen version of a gold-digger, a girl who wants attention, the girl who prefers an old man to be her husband for her own benefit.

*******

It's lunch break, but you didn't even mind to fill your empty stomach.

You went to the rooftop to breathe some fresh air. You want to recollect your thoughts. 'Was it even worth it?', you asked yourself. You know how much Yesung strived to be in the position he is right now. It's not only him, but also his co-members. He used to be one of the least hated members of the group, but now, he's on top of every antis' list.

And you, how about you? You've barely reached college and look how much hate you've already received. The names they keep on calling you. The tags that wounds your heart every time you hear them. 

You reach for your phone inside your side-pocket. As you tap the screen, a picture of you and Yesung appeared. It's a self-taken photo a month ago, were both of you went to the amusement park to celebrate your fifth month as a couple.

You stared at your phone for awhile. A smile slowly curve in your lips as you admire how the both of you looked so happy in the photo. You remember how he fetched you at home that day, wearing a full disguise. It was funny, because he disguised himself as a complete geek; with large eye-glasses, a nerdy-neat attire and thick eyebrows. 

You are about to put back your phone when it suddenly vibrates. You mumble a silent curse as you almost dropped it. You unlock the phone to check the message, and to your shock, it was a message from someone who you are truly afraid of.

You've got a message from Heechul. Yes, SJ's Heechul saying,

"I'm currently on your school's parking lot. I'm here to fetch you."

But it's only twelve-thirty, and even though the school practically hates you, you're not the type who cuts classes.

At first, you hesitated if you should reply his text or just simply ignore it. But then, you found the courage to reply, because you thought it would be disrespectful if you don't.

"Oppa, I still have classes until four. Sorry, but I can't go with you."

You waited patiently for his reply. Something inside you tells that he's not pleased with what you texted back. Among the members, it was Heechul who truly shows the public who he really is. He's very transparent, and unfortunately, very quick-tempered.

"Am I stupid to fetch a high school girl during lunch break without informing the administration? Of course I've asked the school's prefect for permission."

Then another message,

"Our Jongwoon misses you. You're not answering his calls this past few days. He's been pestering everybody in the dorm, and you know how much I hate that."

A single drop of tear fell from your eyes. 'He misses me.', you thought. 

'I miss you too.'

*******

The drive to the dorm was filled with deafening silence. Heechul didn't even muttered a single word when you arrived at the parking lot, and until now that you both reached the dorm, words remained to be unspoken.

You feel nervousness crashing all over you as you approach the door of SJ's dorm. It's actually your first time going inside. 

For a second, you wonder how many ELFs would die to be in your place. 

Once in your life, you've been a lot like them, but now it's kind of different, since you're not just a fangirl.

You're a Super Junior member's girlfriend.

*******

They were all gathered in the living room, except for Yesung.

"He just had a word with the CEO, he'll be back in thirty minutes." Donghae said, assuringly. He's sitting in the floor, in-between Siwon and Ryeowook. It's really a rare moment that twelve members are all in the dorm, since Yesung once said that barely five members occupy the villa even they are in the midst of promotions.

"Yah! Haven't we met before? Do you know that you look like a lifeless doll right there? Speak!" Heechul demanded.

"You're scaring her hyung." The maknae retorded to the elder.

"Aish!" Heechul grunted. "Yah Park Jungsoo! Talk to her!"

Leeteuk shifted his head from looking at the television screen to you. "He worries about you a lot. And when I say a lot, it's really a lot."

"That's a lot of 'a lots' hyung." Ryeowook said jokingly. All eyes shifted on him, then he starts to fake a laugh. When he noticed that his acts were not helping the awkward atmosphere, he stopped.

Heechul pulled Eunhyuk out of his place and takes the space beside you. Your quite surprised when he held your shoulders to let you face him.

"Promise me, to never break our Jongwoon's heart." He said with pleading eyes. His eyes are full of sincerity and when you tried to look away from his gaze, you notice everyone giving you the same look he's wearing.

And with that, you started to cry.

*******

You were drying your tears with a tissue when the door opened, revealing a tired-looking lead vocal.

"Hyung, you're here." Shindong muttered. 

His wary-looking eyes went straight to look at his dongsaeng, then gave him a small smile. The younger however, signaled the guy to take a quick glimpse of the people inside the huge living room. His chink-eyes shoot up when he saw a familiar girl sitting beside his leader, eyes swelled with tears.

"What are you doing here?! You are supposed to be in class!", he exclaimed. His voice quite louder than usual.

"Yah! Don't shout! I'm the only one who's allowed to shout here!" Heechul said. The younger practically ignores his hyung's words. He grabs your wrist and pulls you quickly on the way to his room.

The members were left astounded by the other's action. They shared glances with each other until one of them gained the courage to speak.

"Hyung, did you see--" Kangin was cut off mid-sentence by the leader.

"Let them talk." 

*******

It's been an hour of silence already. You are sitting in his bed while the other lay down beside you. He was just staring blankly at the room's ceiling and you are just there, playing with your phone.

"I still can't believe Heechul hyung did that. He never likes fetching people." He said, still looking at the ceiling. You stopped playing with your phone after the random statement.

"They like you a lot. I even heard one time that Kyuhyunnie has a crush on you.", he continued. "Now I wonder, what if it's him you are dating? Would the public react this way?"

You fight the urge of looking at him, afraid that what his face depicts will break your heart into pieces.

"I know you're questioning this relationship right now. I can feel it." This time you decided to lie down, your eyes fixed on the ceiling.

"I've read the hateful comments. They called you a e.", you said sadly. "You have a career to protect. You have to think of that."

You flinch a little when you heard his soft laugh.

"Funny how actors and actresses can marry someone fifteen to twenty years younger than them. You may be a high school student, but you're just nine years, seven months and three days younger than me."

"If they call me a e, what would they call those other celebrities? Rapists? Child molesters?", he said those words with a small amount of anger in-between breaths. You felt a taint of guilt inside your chest. You doubt your relationship and let the fear of society's hate linger in you. But this, your boyfriend, who is undoubtedly be hurting as much as you do, keeps on holding to the promise of love you both shared.

You look at each other the same time. Face-to-face, you scan his features. His small eyes, his defined nose bridge, his disheveled hair, his cheek and his soft lips you've always want to kiss.

Maybe he noticed you checking him out, so he held your chin gave your lips a smack. It was a quick peck on the lips, and at the back of your mind, you want the contact to last longer.

His hands still in your face, whilecaressing your cheeks, he mumbled.

"Look at me."

You're looking at him, you're sure of that. But then he said, "Look into my eyes." His voice is firm, wanting full attention. You do as you're told, looking him straight into his eyes; orbs full of emotions.

"I love you. I love you yesterday. I love you today."

"And I'll definitely love you tomorrow; even days after tomorrow, or even months, or maybe years."

His eyes are full of sincerity, his tone stained with pleading. You feel hot tears continuously brushing your cheeks. Your heart started to beat in a very unique rhythm. 

Everything feels so peculiar.

As you blink your tears away, you notice a sudden shift in the bed. You heard sniffs and a few deeps sighs. 

'Oppa, I'm really sorry.'

*******

There's another moment of silence.

Both of you didn't move an inch from your positions. You are staring blankly at the bed covers. He's there beside you in sitting position, palms covering his face, head lowered to his chest.

The two of you might not know but you're both in the state of reminiscing.

The day the two of you met at the fan meeting, when he saw you unconsciously dropped your 'I LOVE KIBUM' placard.

How you coincidentally met again one evening in the park near Han River. That was the time when you were really stressed by your final examinations' scores, while he, was upset over the fact that SM wants him to also pursue acting.

The times you exchanged text messages.

The day when he went to your house in the middle of the night and threw stones at your bedroom window just to wake you up. When you did, you received a text message from him telling you to have a peek outside. A genuine smile curved at your lips as you saw four sleepy dongsaengs and a bright-smiling hyung holding signs that read, 'WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND?'

Your 'escape dates'.

You, watching music recordings during promotion period.

Your unending 'I love you's.

The day he announced on live broadcast, "I'm currently dating and I have to say, I've never been so happy all my life."

*******

You felt a shift on the bed again and it brought you back to reality. As you try to get up, you see him stretch, release a few sighs and finally ruffled his hair. He is about to leave the room when he suddenly felt warmth all over his body. The tightening of the arms around his waist send chills to his spine. Unknowingly, his hands move from holding the doorknob to the pair of small, smooth hands.

"Oppa, I'm really sorry."

His eyes closed for a moment, feeling the tears starting to wet the back of his shirt.

"I love you. Please, forgive me for not having faith in this relationship."

You slowly lose the grip around his waist, letting him shift to face you. He cup your face with his hands and brush your tears away.

"You don't look good in tears. My girl looks pretty when she smiles." He said with faint smiles.

"I want you to know that I'm like a flower, I can't get through life without someone willing to depend on me. Someone who's free enough to fly and show me a glimpse of freedom, of living the life I have."

"Oppa--" you softly mumbled, while your right hand brushed through his hair. "You are my flower..."

Yesung smiled at the phrase, and in a split second, you both find your lips together.

It was a kiss of love, pure and sweet. You two broke it at the same time, but with foreheads still leaning with each other.

"And that just made you my butterfly."