Eventful lunch

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's 11:21 p.m. now, but for you guys I did my best to finish the chapter today D: because I won't write anything tomorrow. Wish me luck for my presentation on thursday~

Thanks btw to the new subscribers <3 and of course a hug for every comment down there!! Maybe I should blackmail you guys xD "No new chapters before I get 20 comments"!! Kekeke~ no, I won't do that, though more comments would ne nice!

Enjoy~
 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

For the second time in his life Sunggyu broke his own Sunday rule. He woke up at 9 am to get ready for lunch with Woohyun. He didn’t want to look like a corpse when Woohyun came. After using the bathroom for about an hour Sunggyu felt a little better about his appearance. There was nothing he could do to hide the skinniness of his limbs or the unhealthy color of his skin, but he told himself that Woohyun wouldn’t care. Maybe he should eat more, though Sunggyu was relatively sure that it wouldn’t help. His therapist had said that his body was still suffering and showing it this way. Sunggyu could try to forget about the incident, but it was still somewhere in his mind bothering his whole system unconsciously.

 

He walked back to his room and sat down at his desk. There was a small bag on it with a present inside. Sunggyu had made it himself for Woohyun, though he hadn’t decided if he should give it to him or not. He wasn’t sure if one could call it a gift because it was neither fancy nor funny, but at least it was useful. It should be useful.

 

Sunggyu sighed and pulled the book out. The brown-haired boy opened the book on a random page. The pages were full of his handwriting. He had written down most of the rules on the first pages. I guess he can rip them out if he finds them to be a bother…

 

The next section included facts about him, for example when his birthday was, the movies he loved and even some tips concerning his parents. Sunggyu felt the most insecure about the part after that. The following pages were constructed like a diary. It started with their first meeting in the sushi bar, followed by the lunch meeting at his home, the park ‘date’ and the events of the past week. There were still a lot of empty pages left after the diary part. He hoped that the younger would fill them in the future. Is it too much? It probably is. Why did I make this?

 

Sunggyu put the present back into the bag and pushed it away from himself. He let out a deep sigh. This whole present thing was probably a bad idea. Dongwoo had called it cute, while Howon found the idea too corny, which had earned him another hit against the head. He didn’t want to give Woohyun a corny or cute present – it was supposed to be something meaningful or helpful. Corny and cute things should be given to your lover. Woohyun wasn’t his- Sunggyu shook the thought off before it could manifest into a word.

 

He stood up abruptly and grabbed the bag. The brown-haired boy stuffed it into his trash can with force and walked to the other corner of the room. He crouched down and stared at the object with narrowed eyes. It’s a bad idea after all. We are only friends. I don’t want to burden him.

 

There was a knock on his door and Sunggyu stood up. He opened the door and found his father in front of it. His father smiled. “What’s with the scowl on your face, son? You should be happy.”

 

‘I am happy. This is my usual morning face.’

 

“Your mother won’t let him in if you’re looking like that.” He joked and Sunggyu gave him a small smile.

 

‘Are you okay with it? The visit I mean?’

 

“I’m fine as long as you’re happy, Sunggyu. We’re proud of you, though your mother doesn’t show it.” His father patted his shoulder lightly. “Do you want to set the table with us?”

 

Sunggyu nodded which surprised the older man. Mr. Kim laughed and threw a glance into the room. “You must be an imposter! Where did you leave my son? Sunggyu! Sunggyu!”

 

The brown-haired man hit him against the chest. ‘Stop it! You’re embarrassing!’

 

 

 

Just as they finished with the table, the doorbell rang. Sunggyu took the initiative to open the door, but he frowned when the visitor turned out to be someone else. He stared at Hyuna who looked rather annoyed.

 

“Hello…Sunggyu.”

 

He hated the undertone in her voice. Sunggyu wanted to slam the door in her face, but his mother arrived just in time to halt him. He gave her a disapproving look. What is she doing here? He asked with his eyes. His mother smiled and gave her attention to Hyuna.

 

“I’m glad you could make it, darling.” She hugged the younger woman who returned the hug with a big smile. Fake.

 

Hyuna laughed. “Of course I came, Mrs. Kim. I would never turn down an invitation from you! It’s been such a long time since I’ve talked to Gyu.” Don’t call me that you two-faced swindler!

 

“Hyuna! I told you to call me mom!” He glared at his mother. Why did she always have to act like Hyuna was part of the family? He hated her and she hated him!

 

His mother let the girl into the house and led her towards the kitchen. Sunggyu closed the door with a snort and followed them. Mr. Kim seemed surprised as well when Hyuna entered instead of Woohyun, but he quickly put on a smile. “Hyuna, what a pleasant surprise to see you here. Did my lovely wife invite you?”

 

“Yes, Mr. Kim. We met at the café yesterday and she asked me to eat lunch with you all. I’ve really missed this place!”

 

“I bet you did.” His father said flatly.

 

Sunggyu’s mother glanced at him. “Why don’t you get an extra chair and a plate for her, darling?”

 

The doorbell rang again and Sunggyu took the chance to leave the kitchen again. He hoped that there wasn’t another surprise waiting for him at the front door. Hyuna was already more than enough. His mother probably wanted to set them up again. Of all days of course when Woohyun would be there! Sunggyu clicked his tongue. He opened the door with a hopeful smile. A sigh escaped his lips and Woohyun frowned.

 

“Hyung! Are you not happy to see me? Why are you sighing as soon as you see my face?” The younger ruffled his hair.

 

Sunggyu noticed that he had forgotten the notebook. He thought about what signs to use when Woohyun handed him a present suddenly. He pushed it into his hands. “Unwrap it, Sunggyu-hyung!”

 

The older man looked at the present. He always gives me presents but I never give him anything. A small pout appeared on his lip unconsciously. He should’ve bought something instead of wasting his time with that crappy self-made present in his trash can.

 

“You’re so cute, hyung! I’d love to pinch your cheeks!” Woohyun said with a bright smile.

 

Sunggyu blushed and turned around because he was embarrassed. He unwrapped the present quickly. It was a medium sized notebook with a leather binding. On the cover Sunggyu could see some kind of symbol that looked like a ribbon or an eight.

 

“It’s the symbol for infinity, Sunggyu-hyung! I hope you like it. There’s a pen as well!” Woohyun told him.

 

The brown-haired man pursed his lips. The notebook was beautiful and it looked like it had cost a fortune. It looked too precious to use. How could he even thank Woohyun for all the things he did? Sunggyu turned around and reached out his free hand. The younger man glanced at him and back to his hand. Sunggyu waved his hand slightly and averted his eyes.

 

“Oh! I understand!” Woohyun laughed and grasp his hand. He did it carefully again, but the touch felt warm nonetheless.

 

“Sunggyu, what are you doing? Invite him inside.” His mother shouted through the hallway.

 

They retracted their hands at the same time and Sunggyu took a step to the side so that Woohyun could enter. He closed the front door and opened the notebook when he remembered the unwanted guest in the kitchen. It wasn’t exactly a worthy first entry, but Woohyun should know about it beforehand.

 

‘My mother invited the daughter of our neighbors too. It’s okay if you ignore her. Only my mother likes that woman.’

 

The black-haired man seemed a little hesitant, but he nodded. Woohyun probably hadn’t expected someone else to be there, but Sunggyu was the same. They walked to the kitchen in silence. His mother greeted Woohyun with something similar to a smile. Sunggyu didn’t like the way Hyuna looked at the newcomer. She smiled a

Please log in to read the full chapter