Breaking the silence

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Technically, the chapter was done yesterday. Anyone who followed me on Twitter knows how insecure I felt about this chapter <_> I still think it's not good. It's not worthy to be the second-last chapter. It's not fitting for the GREAT MOMENT EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR ;A;
It took me quite a while to write this. I always have problems with endings because I want to make it perfect and at the end I'm always noticing all the smalls things that suddenly irritate me so much >w< I promise that the final chapter will be faster. I've already been very kind to you with this chapter xD why?
1. it's longer than usual
2. it should've ended with a cliffhanger but I moved it to the next chapter
3. Sunggyu wasn't supposed to speak in this chapter,

I'm really sorry for taking so long ;_; (and possibly disappointing everyone with this chapter >_<) Thanks to all the new subscribers (maybe 500 before I'm done? /lol) ;;

100% Sunggyu centric ahead. Have fun with the biggest moment of this fanfic and how I ruined it

Forgot the warning almost: Fluff and super greasy moments ahead. Beware of possibly bad writing.

 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

Saturday went by relatively slow and boring for Sunggyu. There wasn’t much he could do. Everything felt dull without Woohyun. Sunggyu had almost stopped him from going to work, but of course the rational part of his mind had won the silent war. Sunggyu spent the day with his parents. He was glad that Woohyun’s name had started to pop up in their conversations more often. His parents seemed to be totally fine with their relationship now and Sunggyu was happy about their support. He felt like he could finally leave all the bad memories from his past behind. Woohyun was always making new memories with him and helped Sunggyu to feel better about himself. Deep inside, the older man was still scared to fall again - because this time the fall would definitely hurt much more and probably break his whole being - but his slowly growing confidence told him to trust the black-haired man. After all, Woohyun had done nothing but prove to him how worthy he was of his love.

 

But doubts started to wash over him again, when Woohyun told him that the package had arrived at his house. The younger man wanted to meet up tomorrow but the news felt too sudden. Of course, Sunggyu had known that the package would come soon and he had waited for it, but now he couldn’t help but feel nervous about it. What kind of pictures and videos had Yonghwa sent to Woohyun? Sunggyu was proud of his time in the band, still there were surely some moments he wasn’t proud of. The worst part was that he was probably more anxious about hearing his voice than Woohyun. He couldn’t remember the sound of it, though Jaehwa’s voice still lingered clearly in his mind. He could only remember the fact that his voice had disappointed him in that one moment seven years ago and ever since it had been lost in an ocean of unwanted memories.

 

Maybe it won’t work… Sunggyu stared at the ceiling with a blank expression. His mind was whispering ugly things into his ears: What good is your voice anyway? No one is going to hear it. No one wants to hear it. Stay in the silence, you’re safe here. His heart was telling him that he would succeed and that his voice wouldn’t disappoint him again. He imagined Woohyun’s reaction to his voice, which made him smile. Sunggyu mouthed “Namu” into the darkness of his room.

 

He turned his head to the side. The bed felt a bit empty and cold without Woohyun now, though he had always slept alone in the past years. He used to be afraid of someone else being with him on the bed, but with Woohyun it felt natural and safe. The black-haired man always managed to help Sunggyu with overcoming his fears. Sunggyu was not the same broken man anymore and he certainly wasn’t the same as his childhood self - he was someone new. Someone, who was still growing and changing every day thanks to Woohyun. Another me.

 

‘I love you’ He signed the words and mouthed them at the same time, though no one could hear or see the words, but they worked like a spell to calm his mind and send him to sleep.

 

 

 

The fact that it was Sunday hit him like a brick in the morning. Sunggyu dragged the blanket over his face and hid beneath it when his father entered the room. He didn’t want his parents to see how nervous he was about today. They knew that Woohyun and he were working on his voice and what they were going to try today, though Sunggyu still hadn’t told them anything about the incident.

 

“Rise and shine, Sunggyu.” His father nudged him and the younger grunted.

 

“Come on. You need to get up.”

 

He pulled the blanket down again and looked at his father. ‘Maybe I should stay in bed today. What if I fail?’

 

“No one expects you to succeed immediately. If it doesn’t work, no one will say anything. We’ll just have to try again.”

 

He frowned. ‘But deep inside, you all want me to succeed today. I don’t want to let you down.’

 

Sunggyu’s father rubbed his upper arm with an encouraging smile on his lips. “You won’t let anyone down. It’s not the end if it doesn’t work. I’m proud to see you trying. Your mother, Woohyun and your friends, they are all the same as I. Don’t feel pressured by us. Just take your time.”

 

Sunggyu smiled weakly. ‘Haven’t I been taking my time for too long?’

 

“You’re still young, son. You still have a lot of time to use, but for now you should stand up and get ready for your date.” His father chuckled and the brown-haired man rolled his eyes.

 

‘Thanks.’ He mouthed the word and the older man ruffled his hair, which made Sunggyu frown again. He pushed his hand off and pouted.

 

“What? Did I ruin your natural hairstyle?”

 

Sunggyu threw a kick in his direction but his father dodged it in time because the blanket was slowing Sunggyu down. His father retreated from the room with another chuckle. The brown-haired man sighed and tried to flatten his hair again, but it was in vain. He quickly - at least as fast as a tired Sunggyu could go - got out of bed and shuffled to the bathroom. After a long shower and a definitely longer check in the mirror, Sunggyu went down to the kitchen to eat with his parents. He could barely manage to keep the food inside his stomach, because he was too nervous.

 

He almost jumped from his chair when the doorbell rang. He took another sip from his glass of water and tried to walk out of the kitchen without looking like a complete idiot. Sunggyu hadn’t expected Woohyun to come so early, although they had never really talked about a certain time or place. The brown-haired man checked the outside first, just in case that it was someone else in front of the door, but only the sight of Woohyun greeted him. That didn’t stop him from observing the younger for a moment of course. Sunggyu smiled to himself as he saw Woohyun shift from one foot to the other nervously, while mumbling something. It calmed him a bit to see that the younger was nervous too.

 

Before Woohyun could press the doorbell a second time, Sunggyu opened the door and greeted him with a blinding smile. Dongwoo had advised him to use the power of his smile more often since it had a lot of influence on Woohyun. His boyfriend gulped visibly and cleared his throat once. The younger man smiled back at him and stepped closer to hug him. Sunggyu tensed for a moment, before he put his arms around Woohyun as well.

 

“I must’ve knocked on the wrong door.” Woohyun suddenly said and Sunggyu leaned back to look at him with a questioning gaze. “I think I found heaven, because an angel came to greet me.”

 

Sunggyu cringed and narrowed his eyes to show his dislike over the cheesy line, though the words did make his heart flutter. Woohyun chuckled and gave him a longing kiss on the lips. “I’ve missed you.”

 

He mouthed ‘Me too’ as he enjoyed Woohyun’s embrace. They felt complete like this. Only one day had passed since their last meeting, but it felt like an eternity. Woohyun moved one hand to cup his cheek and they shared another kiss. “Are you ready or do you need more encouragement, my angel?”

 

The older man pinched him and moved backwards to get some space for his arms. ‘Don’t be so greasy early in the morning.’

 

“It’s not really ‘early in the morning’ anymore, Gyu-hyung. And come on! You love it.” Woohyun threw a heart in his direction, something he hadn’t done in a while.

 

Sunggyu bit his lower lip. I’m not going to blush over your embarrassing gestures anymore, stupid tree!

 

“Good to see you, Woohyun.”

 

They turned their heads and found Sunggyu’s mother in the corridor. She came closer and Woohyun quickly bowed to her. “You look beautiful like always!”

 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes, but his mother chuckled and gave him a short hug. “You disappeared like the wind yesterday. It was a pity that you had to leave.”

 

He saw Woohyun’s smile falter for a second before it returned to normal. “Yes, it was. I’m really sorry about it, but the evening was definitely the best.”

 

“Don’t be sorry. It’s good to see that you’re a responsible, young man. Most youngsters these days don’t care if they’re late. Well, I don’t want to detain you. Have a good day together and take care of my son, okay?”

 

Sunggyu pouted. ‘I can take care of myself. I’m an adult too and even older than him.’

 

“This is not about age, hyung!” Woohyun replied with a cheeky grin.

 

He squinted. ‘Then what is it about?’

 

The younger man seemed surprised for a moment. “Well…it is about height! Yes, height!”

 

‘I’m taller than you.’

 

Woohyun furrowed his brow and stepped next to him to compare their height. He mumbled something that he couldn’t understand, but Sunggyu clearly caught the word “insoles” from his rant. I’m not wearing any though.

 

“Are you going to stand here for the rest of the day? I thought you had something that you wanted to do.” His mother interrupted them.

 

‘We are leaving now.’ Sunggyu signed and went out of the house first. It feels like I’m getting thrown out of my own home.

 

Woohyun caught up to him and directed him towards a car he didn’t recognize. ‘Did you buy a car?’

 

“What? No! Do I look like I have that kind of money? Sungyeol’s mother owns the car. I told you that she left him at my doorstep for a longer time, right? In return, she allowed me to use her car and the house.” The younger smiled and opened the door on the passenger’s side for him.

 

Sunggyu gave him a quick glance before he got in the car. Woohyun closed the door when he was fully seated and ran over to the other side. The younger man his lips as he started the engine. Sunggyu could see how nervous he was from the way his fingers were grabbing the steering wheel. He wished he could talk with Woohyun right now, but signing was always a rather dangerous thing to do while the other was driving. His boyfriend had to concentrate on the street not on his hands. As a result, the drive was pretty much silent most of the time. The usually talkative Woohyun seemed to be too nervous or concentrated to speak.

 

They reached Woohyun’s apartment relatively fast thanks to the car. The black-haired man got out of the car first, but Sunggyu was fast enough to open his door before Woohyun could do it.

 

‘Please don’t treat me like some kind of girl.’

 

Woohyun smiled cheekily. “I would never do that!”

 

They entered the building and took the elevator. Sunggyu was met with silence when they walked into Woohyun’s apartment. Somehow the fact that no one else was there made him both relieved and more nervous at the same time. He had half-expected Sungyeol to jump around the corner again with his bright smile and his urge to touch/hug anyone in a one-meter radius.

 

‘Where are the boys?’

 

Woohyun smiled. “I think they’re at Sungyeol’s home right now. My brother thought that it would be better to give us some space.”

 

Sunggyu nodded slowly. ‘By the way, don’t you have to work today? You’ve already skipped work on Friday. The owner is too lenient with you.’

 

Again, Sunggyu could notice a quick change in his expression that Woohyun barely managed to hide. The younger man let out a short laugh. “I guess he is.”

 

The black-haired man went ahead to the living room and Sunggyu followed him with hesitant steps. He thought that Woohyun’s reaction was kind of weird, but maybe the other was just too nervous. When Sunggyu spotted the package on the table, he stopped walking and stared at it for a moment. The younger man turned his head to look at Sunggyu.

 

“Hey, is everything alright? If you don’t want to…”

 

‘No, that’s not it. I’m just…. It’s a part of my past, but at the same time it feels like something that belongs to another life. It’s hard to explain.’ Sunggyu frowned and

Please log in to read the full chapter