Our melody

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's been a while >w< I was a bit busy with college stuff (although my semester is starting in October, but I have to organize stuff for the book fair in Frankfurt in October and Leipzig in March) and I'm currently back at my apartment again - which in summer. I live on the 7th floor and the sun is frigging grilling me in here x-x me+heat = headache's and unproductiveness (is that a word?)
It's after midnight here already, but I really didn't want to keep you guys waiting any longer ;A;

Thanks for the new upvotes ;__; /super thankful. If I ever meet you somewhere, let me thank you in person lol. I'll treat you to something to drink (lol)

We're getting closer to the end. I know I said it already, but maybe 2-3 chapters? I can't really tell ;; but I'll probably write some kind of sequel (not another 40 chapter one lol) because I still have some ideas for these two cuties.

See you belove BELOW (DAMN KEYBOARD D:) <3

Did I mention that it's very late?
 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

Woohyun put all of his feelings into the song. He knew it was quite cheesy but music was like a common language that connected him to Sunggyu. The song was 100% made by him. The melody was something he had created a longer time ago, but Woohyun had never found the right lyrics for the song. Maybe because he had never really understood the concept of love before he had met Sunggyu. The older man had taught him the real meaning of sweaty hands and fluttering hearts; of that destiny that everyone was so desperately looking for. With the help of Sunggyu he had found the right words to the melody. The black-haired man had planned on singing the song for a while now, but the right moment had never appeared. Playing a love song wasn’t something he could do on a regular date at the ice cream parlor or at a session with Sunggyu’’s therapist – even Woohyun had some common sense.

 

He knew it was probably not the best idea to sing the song in front of Sunggyu’s parents, but at least they would know that he truly loved Sunggyu with all his heart. Woohyun tried to blend them - and the camcorder on the table - out and focused his attention on the brown-haired man instead. Sunggyu hadn’t managed to keep eye contact after the first line. The older man was probably embarrassed by the fact that Woohyun kept calling him beautiful, although Sunggyu thought differently about himself. But Woohyun was only saying - singing - the truth: for him the other man was beautiful in every aspect. Who cared if he wasn’t tall or tanned and had no muscles? Beauty was subjective. Woohyun needed no guy straight out of a model magazine or a Shoujo Manga. He was fine with Sunggyu the way he was. He wanted the other to understand that and to tell him that he got nervous or uncertain too sometimes, but still his heart would belong to Sunggyu forever and he would never leave him.

 

It was Woohyun’s promise to Sunggyu.

 

 

 

The older man recovered his strength to look him in the eyes while Woohyun sang the chorus again. His eyes shone of unshed tears and Woohyun could spot a small smile on those pink lips he loved so much. He was glad that Sunggyu seemed to like his song. They had come a long way from strangers to the way they were now and it seemed almost unbelievable that he was here at this moment. He was in Sunggyu’s garden, confessing his love to him with a song - right in front of his parents - and nothing could probably make this moment more perfect. It was more than the black-haired man had expected when he first started to chase after Sunggyu.

 

When he was done with the song, silence engulfed him immediately and Woohyun eyed his audience nervously. To his surprise Mrs. Kim was crying. Mr. Kim had an arm around his wife and tried to calm her, but her shoulders kept shaking as she tried to stop her tears. Woohyun pursed his lips and looked to Sunggyu. The older man gave him a small smile.

 

‘You did great.’

 

He was happy about Sunggyu’s reaction, but Mrs. Kim’s reaction worried him. He stepped closer and lowered the guitar. “Is everything alright?”

 

Sunggyu’s father nodded. “You have a wonderful voice, Woohyun. Thank you for the song.”

 

Mrs. Kim wiped her tears away and grabbed his hands. “Everything is alright, Woohyun. I just got a little emotional. Thank you for…” She paused and suppressed a sob. “…for loving our son and staying with him. I’m happy that he has found someone like you, even if you’re a man. You love him and as his mother I’m so thankful for that. Thank you, Woohyun, for giving him a chance.”

 

The black-haired man was moved by her words. Sunggyu just looked embarrassed like always when his parents behaved like that. “It was Sunggyu and you, who gave me a chance. I should be thankful.”

 

“Let’s settle for ‘everyone is thankful’.” Sunggyu’s father said and his wife laughed slightly.

 

“I can understand why you want to be a musician. When you sang your song, I knew that you are the same as Sunggyu back then. I can see that your head is full of music and music only. It’s a passion old people like us can’t understand. I just saw loud noises and an uncertain future whenever Sunggyu and his band played. If I could travel back in time, I would want to tell my past self that she should support her son instead of increasing the distance between her and him.”

 

Woohyun gave her hands a light squeeze. “I’m sure Sunggyu-hyung understands.”

 

Sunggyu seemed close to tears too, so the black-haired man went over to him and gave him a comforting hug. His boyfriend answered it quickly and nodded against Woohyun’s chest. The younger looked over to Mr. and Mrs. Kim, who watched ever them with warm and satisfied eyes.

 

“Maybe we should do the surprise now.” He whispered to Sunggyu and the older man retracted his arms with a silent nod.

 

Woohyun handed the guitar to Sunggyu and his parents watched them curiously. “Now we’re coming to the second act of the show: the surprise. Lean back and enjoy!”

 

The brown-haired man gave him a sign when he was ready. The soft sound of the guitar filled the garden with life again and Woohyun almost missed his cue, because he was so engrossed in the melody.

 

When you're on a holiday
You can't find the words to say
All the things that come to you
And I wanna feel it too

On an island in the sun
We'll be playing and having fun
And it makes me feel so fine
I can't control my brain

 

Sunggyu nodded his head slightly to the music while Woohyun showed off his non-existent dance skills. The Kim’s were laughing at his antics sometimes, but most of the time they seemed to be focused on their son. Sunggyu himself was too absorbed in his play and the song. Woohyun caught him mouthing the lyrics for the chorus. At the end they looked at each other without prior agreement as Woohyun sang the last lines.

 

We'll run away together
We'll spend some time forever
We'll never feel bad anymore

Hip hip

We'll never feel bad anymore
No no
We'll never feel bad anymore
No no
No no
No no

 

The song ended just like that and Woohyun kind of regretted that it was over already. Sunggyu’s parents applauded loudly and Mr. Kim was probably cheering loud enough to wake the whole neighborhood. “Wonderful! I didn’t expect this. Both of you did great.”

 

Mrs. Kim nodded and came over to give her son a hug. “I should’ve known that music is still the best for you. If you still want to chase your dream, I wouldn’t stop you.”

 

Sunggyu frowned. ‘It’s impossible now. Let’s not talk about it anymore.’

 

Woohyun nudged him. “It’s not! We just need to find your voice again!”

 

“That’s right. You two would make such a great duo!” Sunggyu’s father said with a soft smile.

 

‘Has Woohyun infected you two now?’

 

“Don’t say it like I’m some kind of disease!” Woohyun pouted slightly. “You could use some optimism too!”

 

‘I’ll stay realistic. One of us needs to think rationally.’

 

“Okay! But don’t complain when I bother you with “I told you!” later!”

 

Sunggyu squinted. ‘You’re such a child.’

 

Mr. Kim suddenly clapped his hands again and grabbed something from beneath the table. Woohyun recognized his bag from before. “It was under the table?”

 

“First rule: Always hide things directly under the nose of the subject.”

 

Sunggyu looked at him questioningly and the younger man took the bag from Mr. Kim. It wasn’t that much of a surprise and the idea had been spontaneous, but Woohyun bet that Sunggyu had never - or rarely - done this with his parents. He pulled the fireworks out of the bag and grinned widely. “Fireworks!!”

 

‘Definitely a child.’ Sunggyu commented, but Woohyun could see a hint of excitement in his eyes.

 

“Fireworks! What a nice idea, Woohyun.” Mrs. Kim smiled sadly. “We haven’t done that in a while, right, Sunggyu?”

 

The brown-haired man nodded and Sunggyu’s father t

Please log in to read the full chapter