"Couple" Suit

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

I promised an update today, so here it is xD I started writing relatively late so it got quite late  (nearly 11 pm x-x)

(and I've been hungry the whole day...I don't know why lol)

Thanks to the new subscribers like always :3 a hug for the new upvotes and a kiss for every comment  (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
As mentioned before I won't update the next 3-4 days, but I think I will use my spare time to write on my laptop in the hotel. So I can hopefully present you updates when I'm back <3

Have fun with the tailor session - finally. I added a picture because everyone wanted one, but I can't use my photoshop right now so it's just a quickly made picture (lol) to visualize them.
 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

They met with Woohyun in the city. The younger man had no idea that they were going to the tailor for their suits. Woohyun didn’t even know that they would be going to the opening ceremony. Sunggyu felt a little bad for using half a lie, but it was all for Woohyun’s best. It was not a matter of money - the brown-haired man simply wanted to pay him back for all his help. He felt jittery on their way to the meeting point. The city was full with people. Cars were rushing down the streets and Sunggyu could hear a mass of noises from every direction. He had nearly forgotten how loud the city center could be. He stuck close to his parents’ side as they made their way through the streets. Too many strangers so close to him made Sunggyu nervous and he stumbled a few times, but his parents supported him with arms and words. He began to have doubts about going to the party. There would probably be even more people at the opening ceremony and they wouldn’t be some passerby who didn’t care, but rich people with evaluative glances, who would scan the crowd for any black sheep.

 

Sunggyu was relieved when they reached the fountain and he could see Woohyun in front of it. The younger was walking up and down anxiously. He stopped his actions when he spotted the Kim family. Woohyun waved at them with a smile and the brown-haired man averted his gaze to the ground. He wanted to wave back, but there were too many people around and some of them were already looking in their direction. Sunggyu could understand them, since Woohyun was able to get all eyes on him no matter where he went with his looks and natural but attractive style of clothing.

 

“Hyung!” Woohyun called happily.

 

The older man raised his head when his parents stopped walking and glanced at Woohyun. ‘Hello.’

 

“Hello Woohyun, I guess your mood is good like always?” His father asked and the younger nodded.

 

“It’s not always good but I’m trying. Hello, Mrs. and Mr. Kim!” Woohyun bowed to them and gave them a warm smile. “Are we…eating lunch together?”

 

Sunggyu’s father glanced at his wife, who took the initiative. “No, Woohyun, later. We’re going somewhere else first. We still have to run some errands. When does your shift start?”

 

“At 4 pm since the owner asked me to come later. Why?”

 

“Oh, just curious. We don’t want you to be late, right Sunggyu?” His father glanced at Sunggyu, who confirmed it with a nod.

 

“Let’s go, we don’t have all day.” Sunggyu’s mother said and grabbed her husband’s arm.

 

His parents walked ahead and Sunggyu followed with Woohyun. He kept glancing at the black-haired man, but couldn’t think of anything useful to sign.

 

“Gy-Sunggyu-hyung, what are we doing with your parents today?” Woohyun seemed a little nervous, probably because he didn’t know why Sunggyu’s parents were also here.

 

The older man shrugged. ‘I thought we could spend some time together. My family doesn’t know you that well yet.’

 

“I guess so…your mother doesn’t like me much, but she hasn’t said anything mean to me yet today.” He chuckled quietly.

 

Sunggyu frowned. ‘It’s just hard for her after everything.’

 

“I know, hyung.” Woohyun replied with a sad smile. He lowered his voice. “Have you told them? About the session I mean.”

 

The brown-haired man shook his head. ‘No, let’s not talk about it today.’

 

Woohyun nodded several times, before he smiled again. “Did you notice that I’ve become better at sign language? To be honest the owner helps me a lot. I’m glad we can communicate better now, though the best would be to hear your voice of course. Don’t forget to practice, Sunggyu-hyung!”

 

I don’t think practice is going to help. Sunggyu shrugged again. ‘I’ll practice, but today we are busy.’

 

“Oh, are we? I thought we are just eating lunch. By the way, you should start with saying ‘I’m hungry’ or ‘Feed me, Namu’.”

 

Sunggyu pouted. ‘My hands are fine. I can eat by myself.’

 

“Children, stop playing around. We are here.” Sunggyu’s father said.

Woohyun glanced at the shop name. “A tailor?”

 

“Come on, get inside, Woohyun.” His father threw an arm around Woohyun’s smaller shoulders and dragged him inside.

 

Sunggyu followed them with his mother. The tailor gave them his full attention immediately. “Mrs. Kim, how lovely to see you again. My dark shop looks a lot brighter suddenly.”

 

“Stop hitting on my wife, Sangmin, or I may have to sew your mouth shut.” Sunggyu’s father said with a smile.

 

The tailor laughed. “You can’t even tie your shoes right, Kim.”

 

Woohyun glanced at Sunggyu with a questioning look. ‘They’re old friends.’

 

“No, I mean, what are we doing here? I know you said something about suits not too long ago, but why are we here?” Woohyun whispered to him.

 

Sunggyu glanced at his father for help. “Do not be so impatient, Woohyun. Both of you need a new suit if you want to go to the event next week.”

 

Woohyun blinked and looked at Sunggyu. “So we are going? But I don’t have enough money for a new suit, especially not from here.”

 

The younger man seemed a bit uncomfortable as he looked around in the store. The place was clearly upscale. Woohyun would probably never choose a shop like that for a new suit. Sunggyu would’ve been fine with a normal suit as well, but his mother wouldn’t budge. She wanted the best and she always got what she wanted. He could only imagine how long he had to work until everything was paid off. Sunggyu hoped that Woohyun wasn’t mad, because he seemed a bit sensitive about the money issue.

 

“Don’t worry. It’s all been taken care of.” His father reassured the younger.

 

Woohyun didn’t seem convinced though. He glanced at Sunggyu again. “You don’t have to buy me one just because I don’t have enough money, hyung.”

 

Sunggyu averted his eyes. ‘But I want too. You also gave me a present.’

 

“Hyung, that was a CD! You can’t compare it to this. I’ll feel bad if you give me something so expensive. You’re not even working,” The younger replied.

 

He bit his lower lip. Sunggyu didn’t want the other to feel bad because of him. His mother interfered in their conversation. “He’s going to work for it, but that’s not the problem, Woohyun. It’s a present. Don’t you think Sunggyu will feel bad if you reject it?”

 

Woohyun gave her a surprised look. The black-haired man seemed speechless. ‘It’s okay if you don’t want it.’

 

It wasn’t okay, but he couldn’t force the younger to go the opening ceremony with him. He didn’t do this to anger Woohyun, but to help him. Sunggyu knew that the suit would cost way more than a CD. He was not intolerant or blind. Maybe it was not the best present, but at least there was a certain thought to it. Sunggyu didn’t want to boast with his money, he just wanted to give Woohyun something in return. The suit was only a tool for his bigger goal. He couldn’t think of anything that could make Woohyun happier than music.

 

“Woohyun, this is not about a price tag. You didn’t buy the CD because it was cheap, right? You had a reason to choose it, because you wanted our son to overcome his fear and the suit is the same.” Sunggyu’s father reasoned.

 

His mother sighed. “I’m sorry if I gave you the impression that I judge people by their bank account. There are a lot of people out there, who get easily swayed by money. It’s never good to have too much or too little. My husband and son are insisting that you’re not after our money and I guess I believe them. You’ve done enough to prove that. You’re either a very honest man or a good actor, Nam Woohyun. Don’t make me regret trusting you.”

 

It felt like a battle of three versus one, though Sunggyu only contributed a sad expression to the discussion. Woohyun looked unsure if he should accept the present or reject it. The tailor suddenly came back from the back of the shop - Sunggyu hadn’t even noticed that he was gone - and clapped his hands. “Why don’t you discuss the question of buying or not buying after trying them on? I found a wonderful pair. We probably have to make a few adjustments, because I made them for a different customer, but he’s not going to buy them anymore so they’re free for sale. It’s a good thing that you two are nearly the same size as him.”

 

“What a good idea. Why don’t you go first, Sunggyu?” His mother suggested.

 

Sunggyu glanced at Woohyun, who was still indecisive. ‘Okay.’

 

The older man played with hem of his shirt nervously while Sangmin led them to the big fitting room. His mother wanted to enter as well but he blocked the way quickly. ‘I can do this alone.’

 

He was not five. He didn’t want his mother to help him change. Even a disabled man had his own pride. The tailor gave him a black suit and left Sunggyu alone in the room afterwards. He felt relieved when no one was watching him anymore. The brown-haired man looked at the suit. In his eyes every suit looked practically the same. Sunggyu wouldn’t be able to tell if it was high quality or low. His eyes glanced to the door. His parents and Woohyun were standing behind it, but it felt kind of embarrassing to undress nevertheless.

 

After a few minutes - it felt like hours to Sunggyu, who hated wearing formal attire - he was done. He tried to tame his disheveled hair in front of the tall mirror, but it seemed hopeless. The suit felt a little big for his slim body. The sleeves were too long for his arms. Sunggyu could hide his hands in them. He felt like a child in the suit, but it was better than a tight suit. He didn’t like to feel constricted.

 

“Sunggyu, are you done?” His mother asked from the other side.

 

The brown-haired man panicked and gave his bow tie a last check. Mrs. Kim opened the door a bit and glanced inside. “Oh, you look wonderful, baby.”

 

Before he could object everyone else entered the room. Sunggyu groaned and tried to hide his face behind the long sleeves. The tailor immediately noted that they would need to adjust the length of the sleeves and the pants, but Sunggyu wasn’t rea

Please log in to read the full chapter