Family bonds

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello dear readers <3 the usual update every two days is here! So much happened. It's amazing how many subscribers I'm still getting with every update ;A; welcome new friends and Woogyu-lovers!
I also got more upvotes  ∑(O_O;) thank you so much!! I'll never make it into the featured stories, but knowing that so many people like this story helps me a lot <3
The most important thing that happened was that I've passed the 100.000 words mark today (my twitter followers know this already lol)
Maybe it means nothing special to you readers, but I've never written so many words before xD at least not to one story! Thank you for staying with me through this <3 *throws a lot of hearts*

Part Woohyun, part Sunggyu. Enjoy =)
 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

He sighed as the older man disappeared from his sight. Woohyun kept staring at the staircase for a few minutes. He hoped that maybe Sunggyu would suddenly return, but of course nothing like that happened. They had barely separated minutes ago but Woohyun was already missing the brown-haired man. He slowly closed the door and made his way back into the dark apartment. Now that Sunggyu was gone he was hell-bent on having a talk with his brother. Woohyun walked to Myungsoo’s room and knocked on the door.

 

“Kim Myungsoo, we need to talk.”

 

There was a giggle on the other side - possibly Sungyeol - but no one opened the door. Woohyun groaned and grabbed the handle. The door wasn’t locked and Woohyun could step inside the room. Myungsoo was sitting on his bed while resting his leg and the older boy lay on the ground with a book in his hands. Something was wrong about the picture, but Woohyun couldn’t make out which detail bugged him. It was like a murder riddle from one of those detective series on TV where you tried to guess the murderer, but ended up overlooking the most important facts.

 

“Yes, hyung?” Myungsoo asked innocently and glanced in his direction.

 

Woohyun folded his arms. “What was this all about and what the hell is your current relationship with this guy?”

 

Sungyeol looked up from his book. “I have a name, hyung! And we’re special friends!”

 

He raised his eyebrows questioningly and turned to his younger brother again who simply shrugged. “Read your comic while the adults are talking, Yeol. We were just having some fun, Woohyun-hyung. I thought you could use a little help to speed things up. I wanted you to release some of the stress that you’re accumulating these days.”

 

Woohyun snorted. “We were doing just fine until you guys came! We have our own pace and you know that your acts were making Sunggyu-hyung feel awkward!”

 

“But it obviously helped since he tried to feed you too or not? Maybe a little jealousy is good to keep the flame burning.”

 

“And since when were you the master of relationships?” Woohyun narrowed his eyes.

 

Myungsoo sighed. “Since I’ve had a one-sided love for several years. It made me realize a lot of things. You actually have a chance that your love will work out, so I just wanted to help my big brother a bit. Since I know how it feels to be close but not close enough…”

 

The black-haired man ruffled his hair with a frown on his face. “Soo, I’m sorry…”

 

“Don’t apologize, hyung.”

 

Sungyeol raised his head and watched them intently. “Don’t be mad, Woohyun-hyung. We really wanted to help you. Myungsoo told me that he wants his brother to be happy! He loves you a lot! I love Myungsoo a lot, too, so I helped him!”

 

The youngest threw his pillow at Sungyeol and growled. “Shut up!”

 

Woohyun chuckled and jumped onto the bed. He pinched Myungsoo’s cheeks and the boy glared at him. “Aw, baby brother, are you embarrassed?”

 

Myungsoo slapped his hands away, but his older brother just switched to tickling him on his sides. Woohyun watched the younger as he tried to keep a blank face. “Both of you are embarrassing, so yes.”

 

Sungyeol joined them on the bed and threw himself on Myungsoo. “I want to play too!”

 

“Yah, Lee Sungyeol!” Myungsoo tried to push the other off, but Woohyun added his own weight.

 

They were both lying on top of Myungsoo now and the younger groaned. “You are heavy, get off me! I can’t breathe!”

 

Sungyeol laughed. “I want to stay like this! Families need to bond like this!”

 

Woohyun looked at his younger brother's face with a smirk. “That’s right. I just want to help our family to get closer, right Sungyeol? Feel my love, Soo!”

 

“Ugh, hyung! Are you sure this is not your payback?”

 

“Why would I be so mean? You only wanted to help me because you love me and now I’m showing you my love in a very physical way without any resentment or bad feelings.” Woohyun laughed.

 

Sungyeol moved his arms to hug the younger boy. “I love him more, Woohyun-hyung!”

 

“Which brings me back to my question…what is this special relationship you two have? If you’re having -“

 

Myungsoo huffed. “Hyung, not now while I’m pressed like a sandwich under two bodies! Besides we’re not having and I’m not having this kind of talk with you. Now please get off me you two, before I choke on my own spit.”

 

Woohyun moved off the bed because his little brother really looked like he was about to choke. Sungyeol didn’t change his position though. “We’re dating, Woohyun-hyung!”

 

“Move it, slave. That’s enough skinship for today.” Myungsoo pushed the taller boy.

 

Sungyeol pouted and separated his limbs from Myungsoo’s. The younger boy sat up with a groan and rubbed the back of his neck. “We’re not dating. I’m your master and you’re my slave.”

 

Woohyun glanced at his brother. “Are you blackmailing him with the pictures on your phone? Yah, Sungyeol, don’t let yourself get used by this devil!”

 

The black-haired boy smiled. “I’m not using him. He offered himself willingly.”

 

“It’s okay, Woohyun-hyung! I know Myungie loves me!” Sungyeol said and nodded eagerly.

 

Myungsoo kicked the tall boy against his chin. “You’re so embarrassing.”

 

The oldest laughed and ruffled both of their hairs. “It’s good if you like each other, but is definitely out-“

 

“Hyung!” Myungsoo interrupted him. “Have you ever noticed that you are the one that keeps on talking about ? If you keep on mentioning it I will do it with Sungyeol right now. I know you’re ually frustrated but don’t take it out on me.”

 

“I’m not frustrated!” Woohyun retorted and pouted. “And I’m not talking about it that often! You two are really driving me crazy.”

 

He turned around and walked towards the door. Before he walked out he looked at the two boys one more time. “If I hear any strange noises you are done for.”

 

Myungsoo chuckled. “As long as we don’t hear any strange noises from your room.”

 

Woohyun clicked his tongue. He thought of a good reply, but nothing came to his mind so he simply closed the door and walked away. I guess it’s my fault that he is so mean towards me now, but I’m just worried about him. I’m not venting on him because I’m ually frustrated. I’m fine with a pure relationship.

 

He glanced at the TV screen that still showed the movie from before. The main characters were absorbed into a romantic kissing scene and touching each other in places that Woohyun didn’t want to see. He turned off the television and groaned. “I’m not frustrated.”

 

 

 

 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

His mother was already waiting impatiently when Sunggyu finally reached her car. He slipped onto the passenger seat and fastened his seat belt. She smiled at him. “Are you okay? I was worried because it was getting late.”

 

‘I’m not a child. I can stay out late. I told you after the session that I’m fine.’

 

She started the engine and checked the streets for other cars, before she backed out of the parking space. “I know. I’ve seen the text, but I know how strenuous a therapy session can be for you. I was hoping you would come home early so that the three of us could eat together. Did you eat at Woohyun’s house?”

 

He nodded. ‘Everything was fine. He’s not as irresponsible as you think.’

 

Mrs. Kim sighed. “I don’t think he’s irresponsible, well, maybe a bit, but I’m just scared that he could suddenly turn against you. It’s not easy to accept him, Sunggyu.”

 

He stared out of the window. Of course Sunggyu knew that it wasn’t easy. He was the one that had been hurt the most seven years ago by the betrayal of his ‘friend’, but Woohyun had the power to make all of his worries disappear. The brown-haired man wanted to trust him 100%. It was a risk and maybe he would get hurt beyond repair, but being with the other felt so right. It was not a feeling he could just stop because he wanted to. Sunggyu could understand it better than anyone else that his mother was still doubting the young man. How would she react if she knew that Woohyun was gay and that her son possibly felt the same way?

 

“Did something happen at the therapist today? I mean…any progress?” She asked carefully.

 

Sunggyu glanced at her. He thought about Mrs. Park and Woohyun’s words, but he couldn’t bring himself to tell his parents yet. They - especially his mother - would never accept that Sunggyu didn't want to bring the issue to court. It wouldn’t change anything in his eyes. Old wounds would only be opened once more and Sunggyu didn’t want to meet that guy again. His whole body shivered at the sole thought of being in the same room as him.

 

‘Let’s talk about it later. You have to drive.’

 

His mother nodded with a lone expression on he

Please log in to read the full chapter