Final

Had Never Been
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I won't let you to lose me.

Clutter.

Is what Howon heard as soon as he entered his new apartment and he's pretty sure it's not his own huge and plenty boxes he is currently holding. Three more steps and he's already on his front door, he's already holding his key despite carrying three huge boxes, blocking his vision. How he manage to went up on the third floor? Please figure it out.

One more step and—

"Oh God I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

"It's fine." He's glad. Really. Atleast what in the boxes are not glasses. "Thanks." Howon mumbled when the girl put the key on the knob and open the door for him.

"Are you new?"

"Yes."

"Welcome!"

He put the boxes down and take a glance at the girl still on his front door. Noticing a black blindfold hanging on it's pale neck. Probably had just woken up.

"uhm. Thanks."

Because Lee Howon is never good with girls.

"I'm Bomi. I live next door."

"Howon." A stranger's hand had never been feel so warm.

 

#

 

"How's the place?" Dongwoo asked him.

His mind drift to his room, with his small study table beside his single bed, purple curtains, two-seat couch sitting near the window. Small plant on their staircase and his small trashbin full of milk cartons. And a girl slash neighbor which has a name of Bomi that invites him to get dinner everyday. "Yeah."

"That's a long pause." Dongwoo commented and chuckled. "But I think you mean it."

"I do."

 

#

 

"—so when Naeun went with, wait, you remember Naeun right? the one with long wavy hair? Then when she went out with Taemin to help him carry the seafood deliveries that morning, you'll laugh at how Myungsoo throws daggers on Taemin the whole day!"

Bomi continued her story with little glances on him and more on the food she's making. He'll reply small 'hmhm?' or 'then?' and some small laughs because Bomi is adora—wait. Bomi's stories about her day at school and in the restaurant she's working are adorable.

"It's done!" Bomi turns to him and grins while holding a bowl of what she cooked.

"Thanks."

"How's school?"

"Usual."

"Howon?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you a one-word-man?"

"What?"

"I mean, I am like talking endlessly and you answer with just a word."

"No."

"Are you really sure?"

"Yes."

"But I think you are.." Bomi said while almost shoving a small bite of carrot on .

He looks up to her, not missing the small pout sitting on her lips, and smiles."I'm not a one-word-man, Bomi." and watched how Bomi's eyes widen a little, "I have a little fight with Sungyeol because he's unbelievably coward of asking, who was that? Yookyung, she is your classmate right? To go on a date with her. And I spend most of my time practicing with Dongwoo for the upcoming performance on our school festival."

Seeing another grin replacing Bomi's pout, talking about himself had never been this comfortable.

 

#

 

One night, when Bomi asked him to eat outside, Bomi asked him if he wants to buy the purple cap with an initial of 'H' stitched on the top. She explains 'you dance hip-hop and hip-hop means caps'. The only problem is that the cap is blue.

 

#

 

"Then?"

"Then since Myungsoo drop some glasses, our manager ask him to be the one cleaning the resto and to close it afterwards and Naeun volunteered because she said it's her fault that Myungsoo drop the tray of glasses, the manager didn't know what to do so they end up closing together." Bomi finishes with a smile like she's watching the romantic film in history.

"So you think they'll end up together?"

"Definitely." Bomi hands him a cookie she baked.

It was sunday and they are lazing off on Bomi's room (he really doesn't know if the room next door—a.k.a his own room—is still needed since he almost live at Bomi's). So Bomi try baking since her cousin brought her an oven that she didn't use for almost a year now.

"How was it?"

"Sweet."

"Too sweet?"

"No. The strawberries are."

"Then?"

"Then.. what?"

"Is it good then?"

He watched as Bomi waits his answer, she looks like she wants to smack him already if he won't answer her right then and there. "Great."

An all teeth grin had never been so lovely from Lee Howon's eyes.

 

#

 

"Is that Bomi?" Dongwoo said while chewing on his burger.

Howon looks where Dongwoo's currently looking and saw Bomi at the bus stop near the Seoul Hospital.

"Where did she went?" Dongwoo asked again.

"I don't know. I'll just ask her later."

He tried to ask her that dinner time, but Bomi was not in her normal self. She is unbelievably quite and heaving out a sigh too many times. "Ya. Are you alright?" He finally asked as he place his palms on Bomi's forehead.

"I'm fine, Oppa."

"You're not. You're not talking. At all. And you call me 'oppa'. You sure you're alright?"

Bomi just nodded and asked him to go back to his room because she already feels sleepy.

Sleeping had never been hard for Lee Howon.

 

 

The next day, Bomi's back on herself. Talking endlessly, laughing at her own clumsy doings and all. The thought of Bomi yesterday was push far from his mind then. "—and, like what I said, they'll end up together. Myungsoo asked Naeun on a date while everyone is eating together and Naeun is blushing like a tomato and.. they are just cute!"

"Naeun probably said yes because there are too many people—"

"No! She didn't! Lee Howon! What are you trying to say?!" Bomi glared at him.

"Nothing." he answered and give her a sheepish smile.

"Psh."

"Let's eat outside." He suggested and watched how Bomi's pout turns to a grin—like it always did when he asked her to.

They were down and out of the building a couple of minutes after and now walking down the streets. Bomi walking ahead a little from him.

"Where do you want to eat?" He asked.

"Let's just eat at—" Bomi nearly mocked all the chair on the table on her left when they pass a closed cafe. "I—" Bomi started but too shocked.

"It's fine. We'll just put it back." He assures her with a smile and a pat on her head.

They continue walking and Bomi is talking about Yookyung telling her that she had a crush on Sungyeol back when they are high schools when Bomi had bump her left shoulder on a lamp post in front of a flower shop.

"Hey, are you alright?" He asked with worry.

"I-I'm fine."

An obvious lie had never been too painful.

 

#

 

Sunday evening and Howon just got back from dance practice when he hears the familiar clutter like falling of books, kitchen utensils, soft whimpers, and soft 'ouch'. He then realise it is actually coming from Bomi's room. He knocked once, twice and— "Hi!" Bomi greeted as she opens the door. He stares at how Bomi's ponytail is a bit messed up, her right arm developing some purplish mark, panting slightly, and also the same blindfold hanging on her neck. "You're back late. I thought—"

"Are you really alright, Bbom?"

"..yeah."

"Tell me if you're not."

"But I'm—"

"Please."

After a long pause and searching for each other's eyes, "..Okay.."

Dinners had never been that quite.

 

#

 

"Let's do it again from the start." Dongwoo manage to say between long pants as he walks over the player and repeating the song.

After two more full song rehearsal, Howon and Dongwoo were on their backs, arms spread wide and panting. It was so exhausting practicing non-stop for over an hour and Howon feels body cramps and headache coming tomorrow. They haven't got a decent meal because they are too busy making up new ste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter