We'll meet again

Sempiternal

It has been a while since she had visited the orphanage, the orphanage where they first met. She can still clearly remember how she had first met him; she was by the swing playing all by herself. She was twenty one that time, but it didn’t matter if she was too old for playgrounds.

And he was there, playing with the kids. Who would have thought that someone who can freeze everyone with his mere presence and gaze has such a warm place for little children? She involuntarily found herself smiling throughout the lovely scene. Unexpectedly, he noticed her staring and smiling so he stood up and went towards her.

“Having fun?” He smirked.

She was startled about his sudden urge to talk; she looked away as she bit her lower lip. He was so handsome when he was far away but his face up close looks like a living god. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh really? Suit yourself.” He walked away, going towards the kids. Ara heaves out a sigh, “Cocky.”

It seems like fate was really planning to let them meet all over again. They became classmates at the university, and they had common friends so like it or not they would have to spend every day together.

There was a time when Myungsoo’s close friend died, and no one knew about that. And somehow Ara’s heart told her that Myungsoo needs her. She was there to hold his head up high and strong. She was like happy notes to Myungsoo who was a sad song.

She was stubborn. She hates admitting her mistakes. But she knows when to apologize. He was often misunderstood, but she was there for better or for worst. They weren’t even a couple that time. Myungsoo even made her jealous by asking one of his good friends to act as a couple. He wanted to test if Ara felt the same towards him, and she did.

They were a couple for three years; until he said those words which made her break down. “Yoo Ara, It has been a long way right? But I’m glad you took the right path. The path to my heart. Will you marry me?”

After two years of marriage, Ara suddenly felt so annoyed and so angry at Myungsoo. They fought every single day, they fought about little things. There was a time when Ara fainted while fighting with Myungsoo, and then they learned that Ara was actually in her early stage of conceiving. She didn’t get any cravings or morning sickness but she hated Myungsoo.

Myungsoo suffers from a heart disease and Ara knows that he might leave her sooner or later. But she kept being happy so that it wouldn’t affect their baby. Right after knowing about the baby’s gender, Myungsoo made a diary for Ara and their son. Every night, he’ll write his wishes and letters for them.

Ara will sing every night for Myungsoo and the baby on her womb. Her voice will always save Myungsoo from his bitter times. Their voices told each other about what’s right and wrong.

It was time for Ara to finally give birth, it was hard for Myungsoo to watch over his wife hurting but after this will be a beautiful future isn’t it? It took her almost six hours to labour; their son was healthy and long. She admired how he really looked like his father.

“What will we name him?”

“Kim Hyunwoo. We both have those ‘oo’ in our names.”

“Hyunwoo, it’s a pretty name!”

Not long after, eight months to be exact, he died due to cardiac arrest. He died beside his beloved son and wife. Ara did her best to be strong, for Hyunwoo and for Myungsoo. At least he had spent eight months of his life with his son.

It’s been four years. Few days ago, while cleaning Myungsoo’s office, she saw a dusty old diary. For my wife and my son. It wrote on the cover, she hasn’t opened it. She wanted to read it on the place where they first met, and here it is the orphanage’s playground. Hyunwoo is playing with the orphans, he knew about this place.

She flips the first page of the diary, and a long poem was there.

 

Please don’t cry

I’m not really gone

When you look out the window

I’ll be standing on the lawn

 

Please don’t cry

I’ll see you again

Don’t be sad

Keep up your chin

 

Please don’t cry

I’m not really dead

When you cry yourself to sleep

I’ll be by your bed

 

Please don’t cry

Just because we had to part

As long as you remember me

I’ll live in your heart

 

Please don’t cry

I’m not gone forever

I’ll be a cool and gentle breeze

In hot summer weather

 

Please don’t cry

Don’t run and hide

When you need a shoulder to lean on

I’ll be by your side

 

Please don’t cry

When you’re sad and weak

I’ll be there

To kiss you on the cheek

 

Please don’t cry

This is just a goodbye

So please, oh please

Baby, do not cry

 

Tears fell from her eyes. She flips another page; there was a big ‘Hyunwoo-ah! Appa loves you!’ Plus there was a photo of him there taking a photo with her ultrasound. She chuckled as she flipped another one, “Yoo Ara! Are you reading this? Do you feel the cool breeze? That’s me. As expected. Since your husband is cool. Don’t disagree!”

The next pages were filled by their unseen photos, some were his selcas, some were her stolen shots, and there were tons of Hyunwoo’s photos. He literally took a photo of everything his son did for those eight months together. Seeing them brought a smile to Ara’s face, but the last two pages were the most special.

The second to the last page had their family photo pasted, plus a message: Hyunwoo-ah! Take care of your mother, okay? And you should thank me for having such a handsome face. I love you so much. I miss you every day and I’m watching over you! Choose a lovely wife okay? Just like your nagging mom. Teehee~ (´ε` ) chuu

The last page had the first photo of Ara and Myungsoo together, alongside plastic red rose. But what caught her attention the most was his message. “It’s not goodbye. We’ll surely meet again, in the most unexpected time. I’ll surely recognize your face. And I’ll make sure to let you fall head over heels to me. Keke~ I’ll make sure that we’ll end up together at our next lives, and our upcoming more lives. I love you, Yoo Ara. ♡^▽^♡”

“Umma!” A boy with black short hair almost the splitting image of his father ran towards his mother who was teary eyed. He pouted, “Umma are you sad?”

“Ani, Hyunwoo-ah. I’m not crying because I’m sad, it’s because the wind is blowing.” She smiled.

“Wind? Oh, Appa must be kissing you! Appa saranghae!”

She pulled her son to a hug, as she kissed his forehead. She had been thankful to Myungsoo because he became her husband for years, and before he left, he gave Ara the best gift in the world. “Myungsoo, can you see us? Thank you for this gift, thank you for giving me the best son in the world. And yes, we will surely meet again.”

Author's Note: The 'Please don't cry' poem is written by Joe Green. Poster is originally from ara-soo on tumblr! Cool blog for arasoo shippers so check it out. Please leave some comments! If you like the story, you can upvote too! Thank you!