No.

Cheesecake.

 

People sneered at me as I walked down the halls. Was I ugly? In my eyes, yes. Was I an outcast? Yes. Should I have been? No. Just because I didn’t talk to people, everyone thought I was snobby and a . Like, really? Who would do that? Even my own friends left me. I shrugged them off and with my poker face I walked down the hall. “Jihye-ah. May I have a word with you?” I turned and saw my science teacher. I nodded since she was my favorite teacher. “Why do you keep wearing that mask? It hot out! Don’t you think you should take it off?”

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around. I walked away and I only heard a simple, long sigh from her. She knew better than to ask me these kinds of things. I was a very quiet person. I never liked bothering people with my problems so I stayed quiet. “Just like Jung Daehyun.” I froze at that name. I turned my head and glared at Minah, one of the snobby ‘popular’ girls in school. She sneered at me and laughed. “Yeah. You’re exactly like Jung Daehyun. You guys should go out and be the quiet couple! HA!” I glared at her and rolled my eyes. I had no time for her .

I walked to my class and slumped back in my seat. I gladly sat at the back, close to the window. Then he entered. The man who everyone compared me to, the one who was ‘exactly’ like me; Mr. Jung Daehyun. He sat in the same back row as me, just two seats down. I rolled my eyes as everyone stared at us. We both had masks. I knew my reason but not his, and I never intended to find out. Five classes passed and it was my favorite time of the day, LUNCH~ I tried to quickly make my way out the door but a voice stopped me. “Mr. Jung, Miss Hwang please stay after class.” I mentally groaned and turned around with an eyebrow raised. Daehyun looked equally annoyed. The teacher looked at us and frowned.

“Look, you guys are doing great in my class but could you please speak up?” I rolled my eyes and shook my head. Just as I turned I realized Daehyun was already out the door. That gave my stomach a bad feeling, I don’t know why. I continued walking down the hall and into the cafeteria. Ah now its time for my cheesecake! I ran over and just as I was about to grab a slice, I noticed another hand going for it. I looked up and glared at him. I gave him the ‘Mine’ look but he ignored it. Oh no. No one- AND I MEAN NO ONE MESSES WITH MY CHEESECAKE.

For the first time in a while, I pulled down my mask and approached him. “That’s mine.” I simply said. Its not like I never talked. I just didn’t at school because that would be a waste of time. The students around us just looked at me with wide eyes. “The mute girl just spoke!” A freshman said. I glared over at him and he shut up. Daehyun just looked at me then at the cheesecake in his hands. “No.” He muttered. I felt fire build up inside me. “I said, that damn cheesecake is mine.” He just smirked behind his mask. By now the whole cafeteria was staring at us. “And I said, NO.” He stated firmly. I just smirked and stepped closer to him.

“You better hand that over now, or else there will be trouble.” He stepped closer to me, our noses almost touching. He looked down and glared at me. “This cheesecake is MINE. I don’t share.”

“I’m not asking you to share, I’m telling you it’s mine.”

“No”

“Hand it over.”

“No”

“Yes”

“No”

I got tired and when he didn’t expect it, I grabbed the cheesecake out of his hand and walked away, grinning. Everyone who was watching gasped. “Nuh, uh sweetie.” Before I could react he slipped the cheesecake out of my hands and held it high in the air. “Oh you wanna play dirty? I’ll ing play dirty.” The cafeteria gasped hearing me cuss for the first time, but Daehyun showed no emotion. All of the sudden I kicked his shin and he let go of the cheesecake plate. I was about to grab it from falling but he pulled on my ankle, making me fall.

My eyes widened as the perfect cheesecake fell to the floor. It’s crust breaking apart, the blue berries flying off in different directions. It was madness. I turned around to Daehyun and lunged at him. “WHATS. WRONG. WITH. YOU?” I sat on him and to punch him but it was no use, you could tell he worked out. “ME?! YOURE THE ONE WHO TOOK IT FROM ME IN THE FIRST PLACE!” He glared back but he dared not hit me. He knew better. He let go of my wrists and I accidentally fell onto his chest.

“AUGH! THIS!” I quickly got up and walked away. “Jung Daehyun, You’re paying for this.” I muttered to him and I walked outside. I kicked a trash can making a few people stare at me. I was beyond mad. I sat down on the grass and played some music. ‘Still fly’ by Zico began to play and as soon as I thought people weren’t around me I began to rap. “In a few years those sneers will turn into tears” I rapped. The next two minutes went by smoothly and the song was over. I heard someone behind me clap and when I turned around I saw Daehyun.

I rolled my eyes and packed my bag, ready to leave. But he stopped me. “Where are you going?” He asked. “Away from you.” I mumbled. He grabbed my arm and turned me around. “I-I wanted to ask if we could go on a date.” I smirked and one word came to mind. He was shocked. I’m not that easy.

“No.”