A Real Game of Starcraft

SPICE: Side B

“AAAAAAAAAH! No ing way!!!”

I let out a shout of horror. I was about to beat my record in Starcraft! If it wasn’t for that zerk, my score would’ve rocketed high. I slammed the keyboard in frustration and cursed some more. My step-brother poked his pretty head in my room and started nagging.

“Ya! Could you keep it down? I could hear you on the first floor! Besides, it’s eleven o’clock. Don’t you have any plans to sleep?”

Of course I knew he was lying. I was on the third goddamned floor. How could he possibly hear me 9.58 meters below? He honestly think he could fool my intellect? He may be older… but I’m a genius! I didn’t want to argue with him anymore. He’s the “Man of the House” (or in our case, “Man of the Mansion”) ever since our father left.

“Leeteuk hyung, go call your boyfriend or cook or whatever. Just please, mind your own business. I’m battling an important issue here.”

“Oh this brat. Issue? You call playing a video game ‘battling an issue’?! I give up. I just hope you meet a nice girl someday and then we’ll see what’ll happen to that ‘attitude’ of yours.”

He shut the door behind him.

“Meet a nice girl? Ha! If he only knew…” I muttered to myself while smirking.

I grabbed my phone and called Heechul hyung. My midnight excursions with him are getting more and more interesting.

“Yoboseo?”

“Hyung! Shall we meet at the club tonight? I wanna score some girls.”

“Hahaha! You’re learning fast. Great! Now get your out here!”

“Yes, sir!”

                I decided to leave my cherry red Ferrari parked at home and stroll around instead. The streets were deserted. I hate being away from my gaming consoles but serene walks like these give me my “alone” time. Sometimes, it’s nice to be away from all the luxury and forget who I am for a moment.

Aishh, what’s this? My path is blocked by bicycles. Don’t these owners know how to park properly? These are just damned bikes! Ah, Cho Kyuhyun… breathe. Inhale, exhale. Don’t lose your cool over stupid two wheeled vehicles. I’ve got a long night ahead of me and I won’t let something as trivial as this ruin my evening.

                Since I was in a contented mood, I moved a bike to let two civilians pass. I didn’t wait for them to say “Thank you”. I had to walk in a faster pace. As I was about to turn at the nearest intersection, a blast of rock music surged from my pocket. Ha, gotta love that guitar solo! It is my own song after all. Heechul hyung’s name flashed on the screen of my iPhone4.

“Hyung?”

“Change of plans. Something came up and I had to leave early. Are you on your way? You know, you can still have fun without me.”

“Yeah, but never mind that. I’ll just get home quickly and finish a game of Starcraft.”

“Oh this bastard! Choosing your games over hot chicks is not gonna get you somewhere.”

“Whatever. I’ll just make up for it tomorrow night!”

“FINE. I hope you get an accident on your way home, jerk.”

“Wow, thanks, hyung! That was really heart-warming. Even better than last week’s. You too!”

I let out a chuckle. Hanging out with this guy is extremely entertaining. Since I was already out, I took short steps and savored the fresh air. I plopped earphones in my ear and let the music blast. Life is so much better with background music.

From afar I could see two figures goofing around. Aish, how old are you kids?!  Just then, the shorter one with an ice cream cone stopped at his steps abruptly with his mouth wide open and his eyes darted at me. Am I this good looking? Why, of course I am! HAHAHA. When I passed by him, I noticed how fair his skin is. His cheeks are like aegyo bait. You’d want to have your fingers pinching them till they turn red. Seriously, how old is he? He looks like a 12 year old kid, especially with that ice cream cone. I chuckled some more. Such interesting people. This world really is something else.

I was tired from all the walking I did and waved my hand to stop a cab. Just as I was about to open the door, a familiar voice called my name.

“Kyuhyun-ah?”

I looked around, horrified. .

It was my girlfriend.