Checkmate

White King Piece

 

Yixing loved humans. He loved them so much to the point of using them as toys. Playing with them as if he was their king and they were his mere pawns.
 
However, not all kings get what they want, in the game of chess only one king will prevail.
 
Yixing was, let’s just say, the white king piece and his sworn enemy the black king piece. And that that certain piece always, always disturbs his fun. Always gets in his way and instead of stealing his pawns, persuades them to become boring like him, the black king piece, Wufan.
 
Wufan, the tall blond control slash violent freak and the biggest killjoy Yixing has ever met. It wasn’t a surprise that Yixing was not fond of this man, or rather, creature because pretty sure, Wufan was not human. And Yixing only loved humans.
 
Wufan was scary (according to the newspapers.) He was scary because he had a strength compared to that of 20 men. He was scary because he could carry a delivery truck on his shoulders and throw it as if it was a piece of crumpled paper. He was scary because he could rip a street sign off the ground without even breaking a sweat.
 
The people of Ikebukuro found all this very amusing but to Yixing it was nothing compared to his beloved humans. His humans had the ability to solve things with their mind and come up with many different ways to do so unlike mr-im-so-strong-dont-talk-to-me-unless-you-want-to-die who knows nothing but to throw things at him whenever they meet and scream “Zhang Yixing” all over the town.
 
It wasn’t Yixing’s fault that he loved to play around. It wasn’t his fault that the loud forever scowling blond had become so fun to play with these past few years that he almost forgot about the love he has for his humans. He was in a phase he would like to call the Wufan phase because apparently their game of chess had become so interesting that Yixing just wants to see who wins in the end.
 
Which of course Yixing was sure of that he would win.
 
Until came that one day when Yixing became unsure, when Yixing was totally unguarded by his pieces, he had no knight to protect him and no pawns to shield him. He knew this day would come, but he didn’t expect it to come this early.
 
Check.
 
 
 
“I like you.”
 
 
 
“What?” Yixing chuckled looking at the blond standing almost a head taller than him.
 
This is wrong, so wrong. This can’t be. The white piece always makes the first move, this is cheating.
 
“You heard me,” Wufan still had his normal pissed off expression but this time there was something different about it. Yixing couldn’t see what.
 
“I said, I——”
 
“Nice try Fan-Fan,” Yixing laughs airily and stands on the tip of his toes to pat the other man’s head. “You don’t expect me to believe you now do you?”
 
Wufan raises and eyebrow and opens his mouth to say something but closes it as fast. He clenches his fist and Yixing wonders if he had the ability to break his own bones. “You’re right, it’s too good to be true isn’t it, Yixing?”
 
“Narcissist bastard, I’m going to slit your throat with my favorite knife if you don’t shut u—-” Yixing threatens but miserably fails as Wufan pulls him by the waist to kiss him square on lips.
 
He closes his eyes as he waits for a rough impact but was met with soft and gentle lips. Yixing’s eyes fly open when he realizes what’s going on but couldn’t find it in his supposedly wicked heart to push away the taller man. He was beyond baffled and was too shocked to even comprehend the fact that his arch nemesis was kissing him passionately in the secluded alley where they usually meet to start their weekly chase.
 
Yixing didn’t know how long it took him to respond but all he knew was that at that very moment, it was checkmate.
 
The white king piece lost.