Sad Beautiful Tragic

Sad Beautiful Tragic Part I

It was a cold Monday morning and Kyuhyun was startled by the alarm clock that woke him up. When he came to his senses, he realized that he was already late for school so he quickly had breakfast, preapare himself then hurried for school.

He was so excited because it was his first day in school as freshmen. While walking in the corridor to find his room, he bumped to a tall and beautiful tan-skinned girl. She has a long and straight black hair, a perfect body of a model, and an image of a Barbie doll. Kyuhyun stared at her spell-binding face and can’t help but notice her hazel eyes that seemed to sparkle. The girl smiled at Kyuhyun that splashed him with reality, thinking what to say.

“Mianhe,” he apologized and made his 90-degree bow. He was wondering on whether to ask her name.

“Nado mainhe,” says the girl. She was waiting for his response but then gave up when no words came out from him, so she finally walked away without another word.

Kyuhyun went to his first subject and as he sat on a vacant seat. He seemed preoccupied. He felt disappointed and mad at himself of why he didn’t ask the girl’s name. He can’t focus on his lesson so when the professor dismissed the class and walked out of the room, he felt relieved and immediately went out of the room because his second subject was his favorite which is Math.

While waiting for the professor, Kyuhyun examined his class schedule when the girl he bumped into earlier, appeared in front of him. He started to panic but still acted cool.

“Hey, can I sit here?” she asked while looking at the vacant chair next to him.

“Of course! I mean, yeah sure,” He said and quickly grabbed on of his book and pretended to read it.

The girl smiled and took her seat. There was a long silence before she decide to break it. “I’m Sooyoung by the way. I saw you a while ago in the corridor.”

“I’m Kyuhyun,” he responded immediately.

“So, do you like Math?”

Kyuhyun nodded and still pretended to ignore her.

“Me too,” her words are barely audible.

They both fell into awkward silence until their professor came in.

 

 

One year passed and Sooyoung became popular in their school. She was the president of the Music Club. Unlike Kyuhyun, he became the geek loser. He was the president of the Mathinkers Club. He also received many academic awards and even won the National Math Competition. But even though they are in different situations, they still became friends. Sooyoung even skipped her vocal lessons just to spend more time with Kyuhyun.

“Yah! Guess what?” asked Sooyoung as she sat in front of Kyuhyun, who is eating ramen. “This Friday, I’ll be singing on stage for the musical play and I’m sure many will be watching,” she added. She waited for Kyuhyun’s excited reaction but he just drinks his soda and don’t seem to care at all.

“What’s wrong with you? You don’t seem happy,” she said.

“Of course I’m happy for you,” he replied. There was a long pause before he responds again. “It’s just that, I don’treally like music – I mean, I’m not interested. I guess I don’t have much time for that.”

Sooyoung took a deep breath. She was sad about Kyuhyun’s reaction. “Actually, I came here to tell you that I’m inviting you.” She took a note from her pocket then handed it to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun was stunned to see the note that Sooyoung gave him. It was a ticket to the show.

“I wanted to see you on the front row seat while I perform. I wanted you to be there,” she said while looking at Kyuhyun’s reaction.

“But – I have other plans on Friday,” he said. This made Sooyoung more frustrated and disappointed.

“Whatever,” she frowned and stormed away without even glancing at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun doesn’t really hate music. In fact, he loves it. He sings very good but didn’t want to show his real talent. When he was in grade school, he wanted to audition for their school choir but his father disapproved and told him to just focus on his studies. He had no choice but to abandon his dream to become a famous singer.

 

 

They gray clouds outside gives a warning. It was a very cold Friday morning again and Kyuhyun was standing in front of the window, watching the heavy rain outside. He was wondering if he will still go to his interview with the president of Seoul university where he was going to study in college but he also wanted to see Sooyoung singing on stage, performing for him. For the past few months, Kyuhyun has decided to confess his feelings for Sooyoung. He’s just waiting for the right time.

Kyuhyun slightly shook his head and went outside even though the sky pours heavy rain. He finally realized where he wanted to be, where his heart wanted to be.

While driving his car, he stares at the ticket Sooyoung gave him, not noticing the truck coming to his left side. Suddenly, he got hit by the truck. He was thrown out of the car, fell to the ground with a great impact and lost his consciousness. Blood flows on his face. Injured. Ribs broken. The darkness had taken over him.

Sooyoung was very disappointed for Kyuhyun’s absence in the musical play. She really wanted to see him while she was performing. She felt betrayed.

Sooyoung went to her Math class when their professor informed them that Kyuhyun had a car accident and was confined in the hospital. Tears started to fall on her cheeks so she immediately asked their professor the exact location of the hospital and then hurried to see Kyuhyun.

In the hospital, Sooyoung saw Kyuhyun’s parents and his sister crying in front of the emergency room. She can’t help but to cry also. She walked slowly towards them when Kyuhyun’s mother recognized her. She knows that they were close friends so she comforted Sooyoung.

“The doctor said that there’s a 50% chance that he will survive unless he goes under tracheotomy. He needed to be operated,” Kyuhyun’s mother informed Sooyoung.

“Aniya! Andwae!” Kyuhyun’s father shouted but quickly calmed himself. “This kid wants to sing, if we do the operation, it means we’re taking away his dreams. So, how can hestill live even if he survives?”

“Ahjussi, what do you mean?” Sooyoung was confused.

“He wanted to become a singer but I didn’t let him,” he said, leaning his head on the wall and bursting his tears.

Then the doctor came out of the emergency room. “He’s going to die soon if we don’t perform the operation.” No one reacted.

“Is singing really important?” asked the doctor. Everyone nodded except Sooyoung who was still in tears.

“Araso. I’ll ask one of my colleagues if they know an alternative method for tracheotomy for him to continue his singing,” the doctor sighed.

 

 

After a month, everyone was relieved when Kyuhyun recovered from the broken ribs but remains unconscious.

One day at the hospital, Kyuhyun’s sister approached Sooyoung.

“Before the accident, I asked Oppa where he’s going. He told me that he wanted to see you and he was going to confess his feelings for you after the play. He loves you so much. I know that it’s none of my business but I had a feeling that you need to know about it. He was about to see the musical play when he had the car accident,” she said.

Because of this, Sooyoung felt guilty. She went inside Kyuhyun’s room where he lay on the bed, still unconscious. Kyuhyun’s family went outside the room to give her some space and privacy. She sat by Kyuhyun’s bed.

“Mianhaeyo,” she mumbled. Tears started to fall again on her cheeks. There was a long silence in the room.

“Saranghae,” she whispered.

She gently pressed her lips to his soft lips. Time stops for both of them. She noticed his eyes slowly opened. He regained his consciousness and smiled at her. They both stared at each other for so long.

Everything was so clear. Sharp. Defined. They both fell in love.

Does happiness for both of them about to start? Or the worst is yet to come?