One

6 AM

 

 
Junhong really wanted to kill that dog.
 
Said dog had been barking outside his window since 6 o'clock that morning. It's booming bark flitting through the glass to wake him up. Occasionally another dog would bark back in response, resulting in a litany of furiously guttural barking.
 
Glaring his alarm clock Junhong rolls over with an aggravated groan. No teenage boy should be awake at 8 o'clock in the morning on a Saturday. It was heresy. Stuffing his face in his fluffy pillow Junhong rejoices in the momentary silence that suddenly blankets the air. His muscles relax as he burrows further into the welcoming warmth of his blanket.
 
Roof. Roof. Roof!
 
"AGHH!" Junhong screams, a full body fit causing his bed to slam against the wall.
 
Blindly reaching for his phone Junhong sends a corybantic text to his neighbor; telling him to "get that ing dog inside before I ing kill it."
 
Plopping back down Junhong rest his head tentatively on the pillow, body tense. Any moment now there'll be a bark and he'll go ballistic, he can feel it in his gut.
 
Junhong's gut lied, a peacefully silent five minutes pass by, and he waves goodbye to the waking world as he lightly falls back into his much needed sleep.
 
The mousy creaking on the stairs (which so happens to be placed right next to the infuriatingly noisy steps) reach Junhong's ear dredging him from his dream momentarily, propping his head up at an awkward angle for a brief minute; hair sticking up at odd ends, eyes still crusted together, and half of his face an angry red with the pattern of his pillow imprinted into his skin. Paying no mind to the noise and whoever it is ascending said stairs, Junhong let's his head crash back down onto his pillow with a muffled thump.
 
The door to his room opens slowly, whispered hushing slivering through the crack in the door and into the room. Junhong's already pierced the dream world, senses unaware to the happenings in the hall just outside his room.
 
With a firmer push to the door a boy enters the room, a dog in tow, a leash firmly in hand of the tanned boy. With an airy smile, verging on impish, Junhong's neighbor (the tanned boy) crouches down next to the dog and unleashes him. With a point of his finger the dog lunges on the bed, directly on the slumbering lump that is Junhong. A pained grunt issues Junhong, the excited dogs nudges his nose against the covers, slowly lowering the covers until he can coat the freshly awoken boy with loving .
 
Pushing at the giant fluffy dog feebly as he tries to get his bearings Junhong catches laughter in between ecstatic and booming barks. Glaring overtop the zealous dog at his neighbor he lifts his right hand, middle finger extended.
 
"Jongup get your dog off of me!"
 
Jongup takes a few second to calm down before climbing on Junhong's bed and wrestling his dog into submission. 
 
"Morning sleepy head." Jongup smirks down at his disgruntled neighbor.
 
Junhong delivers a swift punch to Jongup's arm before pulling him down to the bed. Wrapping his legs around Jongup he bunches up the duvet to where it slightly covers them. Jongup's dog drapes himself over both boys, satisfied panting as they comb their fingers through his fur the only noise in the room.
 
"Do you really want to kill Chinho?" Jongup mumbles the words into Junhong's neck.
 
Junhong glances down at the now sleeping Chinho, his limbs splayed haphazardly actions their bodies and his massive head nuzzled comfortable against Jongup's should.
 
"No, I just hate it when he wakes me up at 6 in the morning."
 
"There was a rabbit." Jongup says, as if the statement explains everything.
 
"A rabbit made him bark for three hours."
 
"There was also a squirrel."
 
Junhong laughs at that, pearly white flashing in the morning sun that peaks through the blinds in his window; eyes crinkling into half crescents. Snuggling closer to Jongup, he plants a satisfied kiss on his head, inhaling Jongup's warm and spicy scent.
 
Nine forty-five blinks red at the three bodies on the bed. They're none the wiser, all emerged into their respective dreams land; peaceful and silent.