Meeting You

You're Still My No. 1

I looked curiously at the girl. She had long hair that swept over her shoulders and her eyes were shaped ike crescent moons. Her lips were a shade of rose-pink. She seemed really beautiful in the moonlight. She wore a plain white blouse and skinny jeans, and there was a blue shawl that wrapped around her shoulders.

The girl looked up at me suspiciously and looked a little nervous. She stared at me with cold and unreadable eyes. She then looked at me and managed a smile and said, "I'm Jessica." I nodded as I looked at her. "I'm Jonghyun.", I said. Jessica still stared at me apprehensively. "Come on Jessica! I won't bite. I promise.", I said after sometime. Jessica finally broke into a big smile. "I'm sorry. I think it must have been because I just broke up with my boyfriend recently. So I'm a bit edgy when I'm meeting new people."

"Oh." I looked at Jessica and said, "It must have been hard for you." Jessica just waved that comment apart as if it was insignificant. She then said dissmissively, "Don't worry. He was a jerk after all. It was alright to break up with him." Jessica's eyes narrowed angrily as she looked out over the ocean, as if she was thinking about the things that her ex-boyfriend did to her.

"You look really cute when you're angry.", I commented. Jessica turned around instantly and hissed irritatedly, "Yah! Don't call me cute! I hate that word." Suddenly, she paused as if she thought of a perfect idea to annoy me. She grinned at me. Uh-oh.

"Hey Jonghyun! You have a lot of aegyo.", she said plainly. Aegyo. I hate that word. "Yikes! Don't say that I have aegyo! I hate it!", I fumed as I pouted. Jessica burst out into a fresh roll of laughter. It travelled down the empty beach, enlightening it. "You're cute all right.", she decided.

I took in a deep breath, then I glared at her. "Okay chill!", Jessica instantly said. She grinned at me. Her smile was so cute that I couldn't remain angry for long. That girl could seriously just brighten up someone's day by just smiling.

"Okay I'll let you go.", I finally said as I relented. "Good.", Jessica nodded with approval. Then we both stared at each other for a while. She smiled such a beautiful smile, I was sure I would remember it forever.

Jessica said quietly as she turned her attention to the rolling waves of the sea, "Thanks for saying that I have a really good voice. That was the nicest thing anyone said to me lately." She stared at her shoes for a while, deep in thought. Then she turned to me and said with a soft voice, "You have a nice voice too."

"Gee thanks.", I said.

"Er... Jessica?"

"Call me Sica. That's enough."

"Okay. Sica? Do you like singing?"

"Of course! I sing when I'm feeling lonely."

"Oh! Me too. Do you like BoA?"

Jessica smiled as she replied, "Yeah. I do."

"We have a lot of similarities...", I muttered. I think Jessica heard it because she smiled to herself.

"Hey. Maybe we could pair up and do a duet.", I suggested. Don't ask me why I asked that. It just popped randomly into my mind.

Jessica just sighed and said, "It would be great if I could, Jjong..." I looked at her curiously and asked her, "Why?" "My parents." "Oh." It was something that I could totally relate to, because my own parents were like that. They would say, "Jonghyun! Can you give up your dreams of becoming a singer and concentrate on your studies? Then afterwards you must take over your father's business." Blah blah blah.

"I can understand, Sica.", I said. Then something struck me. "Sica? Did you just call me Jjong?", I asked, feeling very amused. "Yes I did! Is there anything wrong with that nickname?", Jessica replied instantly as she grinned at me cheekily. "No. There is no problem with it.", I decided. I had a bad feeling that if I had said otherwise, Jessica would never forgive me.

Jessica smirked and then she turned to ask me, "What do you mean that 'you can understand' ?"

"My parents keep discouraging me from singing and a bunch of other useless stuff. Luckily my sister keeps supporting me..."

"Oh. Really? What's your sister's name?"

"Yoona. She's one year younger than me."

"Oh I have two younger brothers."

"Who are they?"

"Taemin and Ki Bum."

"You sound very upset with them."

"Was it that obvious?"

"Yep. It was."

"Fine... They keep playing around. They're not serious in their work and they're stressing mum and dad out."

"How old are they?"

"They're both 16, one year younger than me. But Ki Bum is older than Taemin by... 4 months."

"Oh really? Same age as Yoona." ...

 

We continued talking for a long time. I could feel our friendship getting stronger. Soon, it was time for Jessica to leave.

"Oh I've gotta leave now! Mum is gonna kill me.", Jessica fretted as she junped up instantly. She then ran towards her bicycle that was parked leaning on a nearby tree. I turned my body around to see her leave. She jumped onto her bike and waved goodbye to me, "Bye Jjong! Hope we'll meet again! Nice meeting you!" "Bye!", I shouted as I watched Jessica cycle hurriedly away into the darkness.

I suddenly felt very lonely. The crickets chirped in the surroundings. I wanted to know more about Jessica. I turned back and packed my stuff. It was time for me to go too. I suddenly spotted a blue shawl lying on the sandy ground. Jessica had forgotten to take it back. I picked it up and stuffed it into my bag. Oh well, I'll probably return it to her the next time I see her. Hopefully, I'll get to see her again.

But little did I know, that I would cross paths with her again. Or the fact that I had fallen in love with her, but it was so small, I didn't even realise it.


Heyy guys! I decided to write another fanfic, about JongSica. Please subscribe and comment! XD