You always meet twice/ Chance and other crazy things

Exotic Extraordinary Girl

so this is what I have so far and honestley said... I don't know hiow to continue because I wrote this a while ago and totally forgot about it xD I think I will continue if I come up with some good staff... depends on my creativity :D Please tell me what you think about it and if I shall continue with it ^~^

___________

 

It was a sunny day, a Sunday afternoon. The sand under my feet was soft and gently warm. The fresh wind whirled my hair and let it look like it had become alive trying to get away from my head. My shoes in my left hand I watched waves with the beautiful white surf and enjoyed the atmosphere. It was totally different from the city which was behind me. I looked up in the sky and watched the birds flying. Smiling brightly I turned around and around till I felt a little dizzy and let myself fall on the soft sand. I started playing with it and while letting the sand fall from my hands to the ground I thought that it looked like flowing water. I sat there for a long while. Then my thoughts rushed to my parents and I looked at my watch. I sighed.  It was time to go home and chat with them so that they wouldn’t worry about me. At first they didn’t want me to go here but I talked and talked to them and finally I had been allowed to come here to Qingdao. I stood up and walked along the beach back to the hotel where I would chat with my parents which were at home every second worrying about their daughter. I wiped the thoughts about them away and looked again at the beautiful blue water. I envied the people who could come here every day…

My thoughts were interrupted because I had run into something. Or better, someone.

“I’m totally sorry!”, I apologized quickly and bowed. Sadly I didn’t really speak Chinese, only little so that I was afraid to mispronounce something so that I talked rather in English hoping that the person understood what I said. Then I looked up to see the reaction of the person in front of me and froze. There was a young man standing in front of me looking totally puzzled.

“Ehm, eh.” He tired to say but there was only this coming out of his mouth.

“Ehm, do you understand me?”, I asked slowly and waited for a reaction.

“Eh, yes”, the guy said with a hard accent.

“I hope you are not angry with me. It was my fault. It won’t happen again”, I said and smiled at him due to politeness.

“It’s okay.”, he said and seemed to look for the right words to say. “My fault”, he finally said with a shy smile. I shook my head.

“I’m sorry”, I said and added the Chinese word for ‘sorry’ hoping that I pronounced it correctly and didn’t insult the young man. Then he said something in Chinese and I shook again my head.

“I’m sorry, I don’t understand any Chinese.” The man made a face. I looked a little closer at him. He was handsome… in a way he looked strong, or if he was a badass but that didn’t fit to the reaction he showed towards me… Remembering his shy smile I thought he was totally contradictory. Well, maybe there was even something cute about him…

“I have to go”, I said slowly and clearly hoping that he understood what I wanted to say. While turning to go I said again “I’m sorry” and went on. After a few steps I had to look back. Don’t ask me why but I couldn’t refuse to do so. He was still standing where I had ran into him and starring somewhere. A strange guy, I thought, but a sweet one. I giggled when the image of his shy smile and his pronunciation of the English words came to my mind.

 

 

It was time to leave. I sighed. The week here in Qingdao had passed rapidly. I liked the city. It was totally different from European ones. I went out of the hotel dragging my suitcase behind me and listening to some C-Pop. Well, honestly spoken I didn’t like C-Pop that much but there was a group called EXO-M which was really cool. I liked the beautiful and strong voices of the lead singers and the deep powerful rap parts of the rappers. All in all it was a good mixture, the beautiful combined with cool stuff.

I stopped at the edge of the pavement and looked for a taxi which would take me to the airport. I didn’t need to wait for a long time. So I jumped in and the drive began. On the way I was able to see many parts of the city again because the airport was far away. The impressive buildings and the hurry on the streets and the pavements were again fascinating for me. I had grown up in a little town, not in one of the cities.

Finally the airport appeared. I paid the taxi driver and entered the building  while still dragging my suitcase and listening to music. I took part in one of the long queues to give away my suitcase and get permission to fly back home. Then I walked through the security machines and entered the part of the huge building where all the passengers waited for their flights. There were stores and cafés and wherever you looked people were around. It was such a busy place here. I watched the hurry of the people and enjoyed it. Now and then a little quiet giggle sound from my mouth came. I was totally caught.

“Oh, damn!”, I cursed angrily as I ran into a person. Hot coffee was all over my shirt. A shy person stood in front of me. He was a little taller than me and had black hair. The Chinese young man looked awkwardly and apologetically at me, stumbling something I couldn’t understand.

“I’m totally sorry for that”, I apologized and smiled politely. The guy shook his head.

“My fault”, he said and made a gesture towards my shirt. “I’m very sorry.”

Just then I recognized that it was the young man from the beach whom I had ran into. He seemed to notice me, too.

“Last call for all passengers of flight A110, Qingdao to Frankfurt, Main”, a loud voice called through the whole airport via speakers.

“That’s my flight”, I said slowly hoping that he understood what I was telling him. “I’m really sorry. I have to go now.” I already turned away to hurry to the gate where I would enter the plane for the return flight but the guy snatched my hand and held it tightly.

“Wait!”, he shouted at me and then there was this familiar face. He was looking for the words. Then he pointed at my shirt. “A new one”, he said then, smiled and walked, still holding my hand, in the opposite direction I had to go.

“No! I’m sorry!”, I shouted “It’s okay. I don’t need a new shirt!” But he was still walking, sometimes looking back at me smiling, and didn’t understood what I tried to tell him. Or he didn’t want to understand… We went through the crowds of people while I tried to unhook myself from him to catch my flight but it didn’t work. Damn.

We walked on and on till we arrived in some kind of VIP area. While the voice of the woman from the speakers declared throughout the whole airport that the flight A110 had already took off, the young Chinese man seemed to have arrived where he wanted to go. It was somewhere in the VIP area. There was a group of comfortably looking seats around a table. Everything looked very new and modern. The seats were used by a group of young men, all looking more or less Chinese. We stopped in front of that group and the guy who had dragged me there started talking to another guy even taller than him. The guy seemed to be Chinese, too, because I could figure out that they were talking in Mandarin. His hair was some kind of red-blond and his face had strong characteristics. My first impression of him told me that he looked a little arrogant. He seemed to be a little annoyed while talking to the guy who had brought me here. When they had finished their conversation the taller one turned to me. Before he started speaking he looked a little surprised and watched me for a few seconds.

“I’m very sorry for what had happen. I hope you can understand me”, he added at the end. His voice was deep and very friendly. When I noticed that he was talking in English I nearly started jumping up and down. Finally someone who I could understand! His English was good, better than I had expected and of course there was a little accent in it.

“Don’t worry. It was my fault because I didn’t put enough attention to the way I walked and I don’t speak any Chinese. So you can say that it was totally my fault.” He smiled.

“But Tao could have learned a little more English so that you could have spoken in English… Well, next point. He wants to apologize for what happened and for ruining your shirt.” Again a friendly smile.

“Don’t worry. It’s okay. It was my own fault.”

“He’d like to give you a new shirt or at least some money so you can buy a new one.”

“That’s not necessary. Really”, I said.

“He insists on it.” He looked meaningful at me and suddenly I asked myself if Tao, like he had called that guy from the beach, really had told him this. But then I let go this thought, sighed and nodded. The guy said something to Tao and he smiled, hurried for a bag on one of the comfortably looking seats and took out a expensively looking purse. The boy took some money out, came back and gave it to while he was bowing apologetically.

“That’s really nice of you, thank you”, I said and smiled at him. Tao looked a little confused and awkward then he turned to the tall guy. Next he said to me: “You’re welcome.” I couldn’t avoid a little laughter when he talked to me because of the cute accent.

“So I hope you’ll have a nice flight”, the tall guy said to me to keep the Smalltalk alive. I sighed deeply… What a misery! Damn! The guy looked confused in reaction to what I just a looked like. I pointed with my finger for explanation at a plane outside the building which was just taking off.

“That’s mine”, I said. After a second the tall guy turned to Tao and talked to him in Chinese. He seemed to be angry.

“I’m so sorry for that!”, He said when he turned back to me. “Tao didn’t understand what you said and wanted to take revenge for the coffee on your shirt. It’s a misery and of course we’ll find a way so that you can fly home or wherever you were up to.” He bowed in front of me and when I looked at Tao he did so, too, and looked really, really sad adding a ‘Sorry’ at the end.

“Maybe you want to take a seat here? We’ll make everything to apologize for this mistake and misunderstanding!” The tall guy seemed to be very worried and took the entire fault on his shoulders for his friend.

“That’s very nice of you, but you don’t need to take so much circumstances”, I said and smiled. He already took a jacket and a bag off one of the seats and offered me to sit there. I thanked him and sat down shyly because I noticed that the other guys of the group were staring at me. One of them talked to the tall guy in Chinese and immediately his –the tall one’s- face turned a little red and looked really awkwardly.

“I’m sorry. May I introduce the others and myself. It’s really impolite of me that I haven’t done so far”, he said making an gesture which showed that this situation was totally awkward for him.

“Don’t worry”, I said, smiled friendly and continued “Of course. Feel free to do so.”

“Well, then let me start. First Tao.” He pointed at the guy who I had met on the beach and who I had ruined my shirt with coffee. Tao smiled shyly at me and bowed. I bowed, too, to show politeness.

“Then let me introduce Lay to you.” He pointed at a guy with brown hair who stood up and bowed. I did so, too.

“Next is Luhan”, the tall guy continued and a blonde, really pretty and cute boy stood up and bowed. At first sight you could have thought that he was only 10 years old. And at second sight you noticed his eyes which were as beautiful and brown as the ones of a deer.

“Then the two Korean persons of our group, Chen and Xiumin.” A guy with short black hair who I had definitely thought to be Chinese stood up and smiled shyly and bowed. The other guy looked more Korean but not really typical, too. And –without wanting to hurt anybody’s feelings- I’d say that he was a little chubby.

“Annyeong haseyo! Mannaso bangapssumnida!”, I said and bowed like the other times.

“Hangugeo haseyo?”, Xiumin asked surprised.

“Well, just a little. But it is definitely better than my Chinese”, I said smiling shyly and still talking Korean.

“That’s good. Then I don’t have to translate everything you say”, the tall guy said a little relieved. “And it’ll be a good training for the Chinese of us. But of course just if you are okay with speaking in Korean.”

“I will do my best”, I said trying to avoid my laughing because his face was too funny when he had noticed that he had still spoken in English.

“Duizang, you forgot to ask for her name!”, Luhan accused the tall guy whose name I still didn’t know. He looked awkwardly and I felt sorry for him. It was definitely not his day today. Before he could asked me Luhan took the initiative by himself and did so.

“Irumi eotteoke dwoeseyo?”, he asked me.

“Jeonun Ute ieyo”, I answered and got the reaction I expected. Yes, my name was always unknown and led to confusion, no matter where I went, even sometimes in Germany though it was a German name. So I repeated it more slowly and they all tried to pronounce it which sounded pretty funny. Then I turned to the tall guy.

“May I ask what your name is? I think you missed introducing yourself”, I said. His face turned a little red and the he said: “I’m sorry, …of course. My name is Kris.”

Then suddenly somebody called. It was a guy about 30… or 40? It was so hard to guess the age of Asian people!

“Excuse me”, Kris said “I’ll talk to our manager because of your flight.” Then he turned away and walked with Tao towards the man who was just coming towards us. At first I watched them but then turned back to the group. I noticed that they were all again staring at me and I felt uncomfortable due to that. I looked closer at the faces, trying not to awake the impression that I was staring at them, and recalled their names in my head… And suddenly I remembered where I had heard those names and seen these faces before. Could. I. Be. So. Blind? Really, could I?

“May I ask you something?”, Xiumin asked me.  I looked at him with the new knowledge I had. Oh, my God…

“Of course.”

“Tao said that he had met you before. Is that true?” The curiosity of the others was high, too.

“Ehm, well, yes. It was on the beach in Qingdao… I accidentally ran into him there…” Before the others could say a thing Kris came back. Tao was little behind him.

“Our manager will ask for another flight for you”, he said “Of course we will pay the costs of this.”

“That’s very nice of you”, I said, not able to think of something other and suitable to say. It was absolutely right… Oh my God! I was sitting here with EXO-M… My thoughts rushed as crazy. I didn’t know what to say, to do or to look at without doing anything strange or awkward. The part of me who definitely wanted to avoid telling them that I knew them won the discussion with the counterpart in my head. Telling them about this would cause an awkward situation, I thought, definitely. So we sat there but luckily not in silence because the guys were interested in nearly everything. They asked me if I liked China and Qingdao, if I had visited other places, too. Then they wanted to know many things about Germany and then one of the questions I had feared appeared. ‘Why do you speak Korean so well’, Chen had asked me. So I told them about my interest in Korean and Japanese culture while avoiding to mentioning the K-Pop-thing which had led to that…

Finally the manager came back. He introduced himself to me and apologized for the situation I was in right now.

“I tried to get to know when there will be a flight to Germany but there in only one next week.” I know that I made a face though I didn’t want to.

“I’m very sorry for that. So I decided that you could come with us to Seoul and take a flight to Germany from there. The next one will be the day after tomorrow. Of course we will organize a hotel room for you and pay everything that will be needed.” Then he told me that my suitcase would be sent to my house and apologized about a thousand times. After he had told me that I would go to Seoul with EXO-M together I didn’t listen that closely to what the manager anymore. Seoul! Oh my God! That was unbelievable! I couldn’t believe my luck!

There was still time till the flight would take off and so I enjoyed a talk with the guys. They were really funny and now that we spoke in Korean the conversation was okay. Sometimes I didn’t get what just had been said but I wasn’t the only person. The Chinese members had the same problem any they were the ones with the funny -or for me rather confusing- mispronunciation.

“Hey! What about if we show her one of our songs!”, Luhan proposed suddenly. They had told me that they were a boy group but I couldn’t take enough bravery to tell them that I knew. But to defend myself, I didn’t lie to them! I just didn’t tell them…

And so they showed me a little part of ‘History’. I was happy about that because this was the song I liked most but it was hard for me not to join them dancing or trying to sing along. At the end I applauded for them.

“That was absolutely cool!”, I told them “I bet you’ll catch the whole world in the future!” The boys smiled shyly and thanked me for my nice words.

“Do you like dancing?”, Lay asked me.

“Yes! I love it. Well, I don’t dance but I like cool choreographies like you just showed me. I really admire persons with amazing dance skills!”, I answered. I used to dance in the past but had to quit it due to school.

“Well, then what about learning the dance?!” Lay proposed to me. “We’ll teach you so that you can dance, too. If you like it so much you should try it!”

There was no way I could talk myself out of this situation so that I had to dance with them. Well, it was not the problem that they wanted to show me but the place. This was a public airport. Of course this was the VIP area full of business men who weren’t interested but I didn’t like the idea to dance in front of so many people… And there was the fact that I knew how to dance some parts of ‘History’… ‘I don’t dance’ should mean that I didn’t dance professionally…

So It was mostly Lay how showed the steps and moves to me. Now and then Luhan gave me some advices and Xiumin did so, too but the others said that he was talking nonsense. Tao anticipated in teaching the way that he used it as training. He did the moves along with Lay, Luhan and me. Kris and Chen were standing at the side and watching us.

“You do great!”, Lay said and really seemed amazed by what I did. “You are a good student. You learn really quickly.”

“I think it’s not so hard to memorize”, I said and thought: he doesn’t have to know that I watched those moves thousands of times before. They had already taught me a part of the dance so that Lay decided to do it with music.

“Duizang! Please turn on the music!”, he called his leader. Just a moment later the intro of ‘History’ sounded through the speaker of an mp3-player. I recalled the steps a last time in my head while listening for the moment when we would start dancing. I did the moves like I never had done anything else. My body seemed to know what it was doing and it gave me a feeling of happiness. The amazing feeling which I had missed for so many years appeared again. Man, I really had forgotten what it was like to dance a real choreography you just had learned. The feeling was overwhelming. Like a flowing river or like a flying bird I would compare it to, but that was not everything. It was too hard to describe it, it was to special.

The music stopped then. I felt like I just had danced for a few seconds but I recognized the outro of the song. I looked around and noticed six surprised faces staring at me.

Damn! I botched it…