Final

An angel meant for me

 

Lee Minhyuk & Song Joohee;

I press my lips to your small face, and take you into my wide embrace. Covering us under the same white blanket, I want to always dream the same dream.

 

I.

Her slim fingers grazed their house’s door knob. She heaves out a sigh before slowly opening it. She goes to their bedroom and sees no signs of him; she goes to the kitchen to see him cooking oatmeal. He turns around, flashing a smile towards her.

She goes towards him, giving him a back hug. “I should be the one cooking.”

“You didn’t go home yesterday.”

“Sorry. I had things to do.” A frown then formed into her face, freeing Minhyuk from her back hug.

“I understand. Nara called me and said you stayed on your parent’s house.”  He placed two bowls of oats in the table, motioning Joohee to eat.

She nods and sits beside him, “I love you.”

“I love you more.”

 

II.

It has been three months since they married each other. He first met her in the day-care where she works at. Being the responsible uncle he is, he once fetched his niece there, and they met. At first Joohee thought he was already a father, but even though he didn’t need to explain that, he did. She can still remember how he first asked her out, “If your hair is still blonde tomorrow, will you meet me at Han River at 6pm?”

And he can still remember how she looked when he said that, He knew how she loved blonde hair, so she won’t change her hair colour just to reject his offer. He remembered how beautiful she was with her hair in a ponytail when they had they first date.

He adored how she looks innocent but how she is really a troublemaker in the inside. She actually throws tantrums every now and then but he endured it, because he loves her.

 

III.

He wakes up at his usual time, it’s Monday, and he has work. He looks at her side of the bed but she wasn’t there. He stands up and sees her in the veranda, still wearing her night gown. He wraps his arms around her waist, she was startled.

“You woke up early.” He mumbles to her ears.

She heaves out a sigh, trying to remove his arms from her. “Just take a bath and go to your work.”

He frowns, releasing her. “You have been too hot tempered lately. You won’t let me touch or kiss you. I’ll be not surprised to know if you have an affair.”

He walks away, not looking back. She gulped, trying to stop her tears. “I hate you.”

He goes to his work without even saying goodbye. She takes a bath and wears a white dress that flowed until her knees. “Yoonjo, let’s meet. I’ll go to your café.”

 

IV.

Baekhyun serves a piece of strawberry shortcake and tea to Joohee’s table. He flashes a smile, and she smiles back. “Enjoy your food Joohee.”

“Thanks.”

“Unnie, does he know?” Yoonjo comes barging in her own café, making her customers startled. She politely bows and went straight towards the blonde who was busy eating her food. “No.”

She holds her hand, flashing her cute smile. “He has to know. He has all the rights to know.”

She sips the tea, and smiles. “I know that. I’m going now; bring me some cake if you’ll pass by the house.”

Yoonjo nods, “I will.”

Before she walks out of the café, she looks back at Baekhyun and smiles. “Thanks.” She mouthed and she left.

 

V.

She goes straight home and cooks for dinner. Since she was a bit mean during morning, she thought of cooking his favourite meal, Japanese curry. She happily hums a song while cooking, she hears footsteps right from the front door. Just right in time! She happily hops towards the front door with a big smile, but her smile turned into a frown.

“Hi Eunji.” She mumbles, but she still plastered a smile. Eunji smiles back, and turns her eyes back to Minhyuk. She leans her face towards his ear and they both laugh. “Okay, I’m going. Bye guys.” Eunji turns away and looks at her lastly. I’m happy for you, Joohee-ah!

Joohee turns around and goes back to the kitchen, ignoring Minhyuk. She prepares the food and places it on the table. Minhyuk smirks, while he goes straight to their room to change to his pajamas. She sits on her usual seat and started eating; Minhyuk comes in the dining room a few seconds after. His eyes beamed after seeing the curry, “It’s my favourite!”

Silence.

After finishing her own food, Joohee stands up and goes straight to the sink, “If you’re done give me your plate.”

Minhyuk nods and gives her his plate. He stood there looking at her, but then she ignored him. After cleaning, she goes straight to her side of the bed, “Joohee-ah.” He pouted, as he trailed behind her.

“Joohee san-man (distracted Joohee)”

“Song Joohee”

“WIFEU~~~~~~~~~”

“What?!” Joohee gets up from her position and sits up straight on their bed. Minhyuk giggles, as he sits beside her. He wraps his arms around her shoulders, “Are you mad?”

“No not at all. It’s totally fine if you flirt with Eunji in front of me. Even though I know that you two had mutual feelings before.” She marked sarcastically. He lets out another laugh, now his eyes formed two cute lines.

“You’re jealous”

“Am not”

“You two are being jealous and being mean to me”

She was puzzled, “Two?”

He nods, his right hand now resting on her stomach. “You two.”

“Eh?” Her eyes widen, “How did you know?”

“Well, duh, My good friend Myungsoo’s wife, Kwon Nara, who is also your best friend told me. She’s your Ob gyn right?”

She heaves out a sigh, “You made it too long.”

“Why didn’t you tell me right away?”

“I was scared….”

“Why? It’s not like we’re not married or something.”

“I’m scared you won’t like it..”

He lies on the bed, as he pulled Joohee to his embrace. “Who said I won’t? I’m toooo excited.”

She smiles, as bright as the sun. But frowned again, “Why are you flirting with Eunji then?”

“I wasn’t. She actually knew you were pregnant too, and asked her to make you jealous. She didn’t agree at first but yeah, her boyfriend, Inguk said she can.”

“Oh. Right.” She hugs him tightly, “Promise me you won’t love any girl beside from me, your family members are not included in this rule.”

“I can’t.” Joohee sighs, “Because the next girl I’ll love looks just like you, but she has black hair and she’s smaller and taller.” He winks.

“Yah! Are you implying I’m small?”

“No, you fit just right in my heart.” He embraces her tightly, as he placed his lips on her small face, “I’ll have two angels now.” He whispered to her ears, as she lightly chuckled. “You want a little Joohee that much?”

“A little purehearted Joohee, not like her mom who’s so naughty and stubborn and throws tantrums everywhere and childish and…” He bursted into laughter.

“You’re insulting me now.”

“You’re not perfect, and I love all your flaws. I love you even though you’re a mean Joohee, because when it comes to me, you become the sweetest wife.” 

 

VI.

“Umma, I’m four years old right?” A little girl with jet black hair, who looks just like her mother came running from her room. Minhyuk looks at the little girl and smiles, “Yes baby. You’re four.”

“Appa, I was asking mom.” She grinned, sticking out her tongue towards her astonished father.

Joohee laughs and lets her daughter sit on her lap, “Yes Minjoo. You are four years old!”

“And I said we’ll make a little Joohee who’s innocent.” Minhyuk whined, “Minjoo do you hate appa?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“Because you said when I turn four, you’ll give me a little Minhyuk!!!”

Joohee slaps Minhyuk on his shoulder, “Did you say that?!”

Minhyuk smiles, pinching Minjoo’s cheek. “Of course I meant that, Minjoo-ah. But if Minjoo-ah is always in the house, Umma and Appa is too shy to make a little Minhyuk.”

Minjoo nods, as she took Joohee’s phone from her mom’s jacket. Joohee looks at her daughter kinda confused. “Grandma~ This is Lee Minjoo-ah. Will you come pick me up? I want to stay there for two weeks! Byebye~ I’ll wait for you today!”

Minjoo winks at Minhyuk, “Appa if you don’t make a little Minhyuk soon, I don’t know what I should do to you.”

Joohee rolls her eyes, “LEE MINJOO!” Minjoo goes to her room and packs her stuff, “Appa help me pack my stuffs.”

Minhyuk stands up, bursting out into laughter. He glances at Joohee who had a blank expression plastered on. He leans into her ears, “You heard that babe? Our Minjoo wants a little Minhyuk!”

Joohee pushes him away, directing him to go into Minjoo’s room. “Shut up. And don’t call me babe.”

Minhyuk snorts, “Aigoo. Are you pregnant? You’re being too moody!”

“Am not!”

“I love you!” Minhyuk goes to her daughter’s room as he sends some flying kiss to her.

She giggles, “I love you too even if you’re such a meanie.”

“Umma! Appa! Too gross.”