Chapter 1

Purple Headphones.

"There it is!" you cried out happily, walking towards the one and only purple headphones for your one and only purple loving bestie. You wanted to grab it but someone beat you to it, you looked up, glaring at the person, he was wearing shades and a hat. 

"Yah, I saw it first, it's mine," you said, moving your hand forward towards the box.

He retracted his hand and rebutted back, "Oh really? But I got it first," 

"I saw it with my eyepower, over at the entrance!" you said crossing your arms.

"Eye power?! Seriously?" He said before laughing at you.

Feeling embarrased, you walked out of the shop, angry and disappointed. 

"She doesn't recognise me?" Hoya thought while watching you leave the shop, holding the box of headphones in his hand. 

You sat at the bench outside the shop, you have already texted him that you have reached Seoul, but he never replied you back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You left to study in States when you were 15, because your parents were posted there to work, you left behind your besfriend, Lee Howon, promising him that once you finished, you'll come back to Busan to meet him. You remembered when you first met him, it was on 25 March 1998, he was 7 and you were 7 too. The Lee family moved in to the empty house beside yours, your mother brought you over to their house to welcome them while bringing her kimchi stew she prepared.

'Knock! Knock!' Your mom rapped the door as you stood beside her, eagerly waiting to see your new neighbour. Then the door opened, and a little boy stood infront of you, clinging on his mom. You beamed at him as you heard your mom greeting them. The next thing you know was that you and that little boy, Howon, was already playing in their backyard. "Jinah, time to go back," you heard your mom calling, both of you raced towards the sitting room. 

Disappointment shown on Howon's face as you had to go back already, he suddenly pulled you and hugged you, leaving you shocked and blushing.

Two days later, 27th March 1998, as you both were playing in the park, he said "Jinah! My birthday is tomorrow, so you must buy something nice for me okay?" He flashed his cute canine smile at you. You nodded and then calculated in you brain, tomorrow is...28 March...which means... "Yah, Lee Howon, you have the same birthday as me!" you cried out. "Jjinja?" he asked, you nodded vigorously.

"Then we can celebrate together!" He shouted.

<28 March 1998>

Hoya held the gift box in his hand, inside it was a pretty bracelet he made for you, he walked to your house with his mom and knocked on the door, you were waiting for him to come as what would the party be if the birthday boy wasn't here. As you heard the knocks, you rushed to open the door and saw him, flashing his canine smile. "Happy Birthday Howon!" you said and engulfed him in a hug, he blushed bright red and you released him. Both of you exchanged presents and opened them up, you had gotten him a purple shirt, and he had gotten you the handmade friendship bracelet.

And that was your first birthday with him.

 

<28 March 2006> 

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Howonie~, happy birthday to you," you sang in English as you walked towards him with a birthday cake in your hand. Both of you decided to spent that last birthday together alone, he brought you to the field to do star gazing. He smiled and you sat down beside him, placing the cake on the mat. 

"So what have you gotten me this time?" you asked, wiggling your eyebrows. He handed you a small black box, and you opened it. It was a purple charm from Pandora, it was super pretty. "Thanks Howonie~"

"And where's mine?" he asked. 

You then took out from your bag a shoebox. He opened it and thanked you. 

Both of you spent the night lying on the mat looking at the stars as you celebrated your last birthday with him before you left for the States.

 

<1 year later> 

You and Howon still contacted each other, however due to your heavy workload, his heavy workload and the time difference between korea and the States, you rarely contacted him. He told you once that he had got a job in Seoul, he was living his dream, which you assumed was being a dancer. You congragulated him and told him that in 3 years time, you'll come back to Seoul and look for him, his excitement in his voice caused you to giggle before he told you that he had to go.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A familiar vibration burst your thought bubble, you hurriedly took out your phone.

[Howonie~]

Where are you now?

[You]

I'm at XXX mall, there was this idiotic guy who snatched away the headphones I wanted to buy for you, mianhe, you won't get your present till tomorrow.

"Happy Birthday Jinah!" someone said.

You looked up from your phone and saw the same guy who snatched the headphones away. Happy Birthday? How did he know my name? You wanted to snap at him but he took of his sunglasses and flashed the familiar canine smile. "Howon?" you asked, slowly getting up from your seat.

He nodded and then said, "You don't need to get me anything, you, coming back to Korea is already the best present I already had," 

You laughed and pulled him into a hug while saying "When did you get so cheesy?" 

"I learnt it from a greasy heart thrower," he simply replied.