The End

One Last Shot in Life

Chapter 1: The End

-----

His body laid almost lifeless on the cold cement, blood trickling down his once white dress shirt. His chest heave heavily as he tries to catch some air. The sudden sound of defeaning siren from paramedics and police cars came louder and louder as it got closer to where he was.

 

But his body remain still unable to move as he wants to see where they were. His voice had stopped functioning as he tries to call for help, but nothing seems to work anymore making him hopeless at that moment.  

 

From the tiny slits of his once widen eyes he could see a glimpse of red and blue flickering lights all over the place and the sudden shuffle of feet started to hustle as they rush to attend the dying man which he figured was him.

 

However at that moment he felt his heart beat slowly dying and his lungs constrict even harder hoping to get some air in it. Nothing seems to work anymore even though he tried his very best. He was taught to never quit but for him right now seems to be the best time to give up.  

 

"Mr. Kwon," he could barely hear the man's voice as he calls him. He tried opening his eyes, but couldn't as his system started to shut down slowly.

 

"Can you hear me Mr. Kwon?" the man had placed an oxygen mask in his mouth and nose which he could lightly feel through his numb body. "Mr. Kwon stay with me. We need you to open your eyes even just a little. Mr. Kwon...Mr. Kwon...Mr..."

 

Everything else in his body had shut down. The distinct murmurs he barely could hear and understand had disappeared and everything in his vision had darken. His once responsive body had stopped moving as if it's really the end.

 

[Hospital]

 

Two middle aged men were surrounded by five women all dressed in white gown and their heads were almost covered by nose mask and hair cap. All of their hands were covered in light blue latex gloves as they work together to save Jiyong.

 

Constant sound of machine echoed in the room where bright, white lights lit the place. The surgeons communicate in serious manners as they try to work together to get rid of the bullet that was deeply buried in his chest.

 

His unconscious body suddenly jerked harshly alerting the staff inside the operating room that they were losing their patient. Feet started to move in great speed as they get proper equipment hoping to revive him on time.

 

"Hurry!" one of the surgeon yelled at the nurses.

 

"Dr. Kim we're losing lots of blood," his co-surgeon tried to move faster as he tries to get through his chest without hitting sensitive nerves in his body. But his body continuously move making it hard for him to move quicker. 

 

"Please check the blood bank for supply," Dr. Kim uttered to the nurse beside.

 

A few more jerk from his body, his life line was quickly revive. It was still weak, but they were able to get Jiyong back breathing strongly enough. Their sigh of relief is only temporary as they need to get the bullet out before he could lose more blood.

 

-

He stood still utterly shock as he watched doctors and nurses attend his unconscious body. His eyes were wide feeling horrified with what's happening in the operating room.

 

"I'm fine!" he called hoping to get their attention. "I'm right here! Hello!!!"

 

His calls were ignored as they continued to do their job. The atmosphere in the room was heavy and one mistake can lead to his death. 

 

"Hello! I'm right here! What the hell are you people doing to my body?!" Jiyong angrily yelled. "Hey!"

 

He looked across the room, and there he saw a man glistening in white lights. He was eyeing him and Jiyong knew that this man could see him.

 

"Wait!" Jiyong yelled as the man exits the room. 

 

As he dash across the room, he was more mortified realizing he couldn't touch or feel anything that his body had just hit along the way. He then looked back at his body and there he felt scared knowing his life is in critical condition.

 

"Is this what you call after life? Near death experience?" he murmured watching his body being operated on. 

 

Remembering the old man,  he quickly ran out the door. He looked left and right wondering where the man had gone to. "Fifty, fifty it's a 50/50 decision Jiyong," he muttered looking at each direction.

 

Jiyong turned to his left hoping to catch the man he saw, but he was only left disappointed. He felt his body tired and there's was no way he'll look in the other side.

 

"Giving up so easily?" Jiyong quickly turned around hearing a deep voice. 

 

"Who are you?" he asked seeing a man wearing all white and even his hair and facial hair were white.

 

"Who do you think I am?" the old man spat a question instead. "I think you know why I can see you and others can't."

 

"What's happening to me? Why is my body like that?" Jiyong looked back to where he saw himself laying.

 

"You don't know why this is happening to you? Do you even remember anything?" the old man uttered relax in his spot. "You're life is in danger Jiyong."

 

"I...I..." Jiyong covered his face with his hands for a moment trying to think back as to why this was happening to him. "I can't remember anything."

 

"Do you now?" the man chuckled getting Jiyong's attention back. "Shall I remind you?"

 

Jiyong didn't know what to say or do. He felt lost and confuse as to what was happening to him.

 

"Take a look Jiyong," he heard him speak. Looking to where the man was looking there he saw flashing images.

 

[Flashback]

 

As Jiyong made it in the under ground parking lot, a haggard man, dressed in rugged clothing and his face was a mess. Facial hair had grew all over his jaw and even with the distance Jiyong knew he was drunk since the man reek alcohol.

 

"Kwon Jiyong," he stuttered.

 

"What are you doing in my property Mr. Shin?" Jiyong sternly said. "I can have you arrested for tresspassing."

 

"Kwon Jiyong," Mr. Shin laughed. "You haven't changed at all."

 

"I need you to leave my property before I call the cops!" Jiyong glared at the man.

 

"You are still one ty boss! Or shall I say ex-boss!" he went on laughing. "You think so highly of yourself like you're some kind of a Ogd." The man started to move closer to where Jiyong is.

 

"Don't you dare come close to me!" Jiyong stepped back.

 

"Don't move!" Mr. Shin pulled a gun out of his back pocket. Jiyong felt himself still for a bit seeing him armed. "Don't even dare move an inch or I swear to God I will blow your ing head off!"

 

"Mr. Shin you are just putting yourself in deeper trouble than you already are right now," Jiyong warned.

 

"I don't give a anymore!" he yelled. "Do you think I'm not in some kind of a hole right now? All because of you I'm in this ty place that I am now!"

 

"Look, it's your fault why you're where you are right now!" he spat back. "It isn't my fault why you were fired, it was you Mr. Shin! Now I am warning for the last time put the gun down!"

 

"You're not my boss!" he laughed and determination in his eyes were so distinct. "Why would I listen to you?"

 

"Put the gun down," Jiyong looked at him demandingly.

 

"You are heartless Jiyong," he moved forward making the lad move back. "You don't think for other's well-being. It is always about you and your wealth. You don't ing give a to people who are below you. You think so highly of yourself! You are one selfish man!"

 

"You can say whatever you want to say Joon, but there's no way you'll get out of here without being punished," he continued to warn him. "Sure, you can kill me, but do you really think you'll get out of here without being punished. I've done my best to all my employees, but it is in your hand where your faith is. And I'm just preventing the loss we could have if one mistake is ever to happen again."

 

"Now Mr. Shin, have you ever thought about other's well-being in this company?" he didn't let the man get into his nerves. "Do you think by killing me would make you any better of a person? My life depends on not just one but hundred thousands of people who are probably in much worst situation than where you are right now."

 

"Now tell me, what will all this benefit you?" Jiyong glared at him hoping to knock his senses with his sharp words. "It wasn't my fault was it, why you were fired."

 

"All I ask is for another chance!" the man yelled pointing the gun carelessly at Jiyong.

 

"You've worked with me for more than a decade Mr. Shin and you know I don't give second chances," he stated. "If I have given you another chance wouldn't that be unfair to the rest of the people I fired back then? There's no way I am giving you special treatment."

 

Mr. Shin felt defeated, but there was no way he's backing out now. After what had happened in his life, there was no way he'll stop his act now. All he could think of right now is the blame he had put in the man in front of him. His dignity as a person was long forgotten as evil took over in his head.

 

"You're the reason why I'm like this," he lifted the gun and held it still. "I wouldn't be doing this, if you had just given me a chance. I have put all my life into this job and not once did I ask for anything in return. I had respected you as a person and as a boss. But you are ing heartless! And heartless people like you doesn't deserve to live!"

 

"You are no different then," Jiyong gripped tightly on his car key. "You are far worst than I am, Joon."

 

"Goodbye Mr. Kwon," with his thumb he pulled the hammer that locks th gun down preparing him to be able to shoot. And upon the click of the lock Jiyong felt himself stiff in his spot. His head started to throw in ideas after ideas hoping to get out of this mess. However in the back of his mind, he knew that the only way to get out of this situation is by miracle which he doesn't believe in at all. "See you in hell Jiyong."

 

A loud hissing sound echoed in the empty lot as the bullet escapes it cage. Jiyong stood still, horrified as he heard the gun and the bullet disappearning from his sight. His body wouldn't dare move even though his mind is ordering him to do so.

 

Within a few seconds, he felt a sharp pain searing right through his chest. His once white Armani dress shirt was now stained with deep red color from his blood. Jiyong's eyes dilated seeing blood oozing down his chest bringing him in such terror. He then looked up eyeing the man stunned at what he just did. With his blurry vision he could see Mr. Shin shaking tremendously. And he knew he heard him drop the gun as the metal sound echoed.

 

But his attention was no longer in him, it was now in his weakening body. He felt his legs out of energy and slowly he fell on the groud flat on his face. The coolness of the cement didn't help tame his shaking body.

 

"He...help," Jiyong whispered, but the guy didn't dare move as he continue to mutter his sorry and demonic laughs from his mouth. "He...he...help..." his voice gradually weakens. Jiyong's eyes slowly darken signaling it's the end.

[end of flashback]

 

Jiyong was utterly shock having to see what had happened to him. The way he was shot and how lifeless he laid on the ground made him shiver in horror.

 

It took his a few minutes before he can revive himself after what he had seen. And once he was calm, he tore his eyes off the white wall where the images were before and then looked at the man beside him.

 

His head were filled with so many questions, but being shocked to what he had seen he couldn't utter any of them. Jiyong felt his throat constrict unable to speak the words he wanted to tell this mysterious man who can only see him.

 

"Does it now ring a bell to you Jiyong?" the man's deep voice vibrated in his ears. "Or should I also do a word for word explanation to you."

 

"Who are you?" Jiyong spat. "Why am I like this?"

 

"Many people in real world don't believe in stuff like this," he started. "Do you Jiyong? Do you believe in angels? Hmm heavens?"

"No," he shook his heads.

 

"After life?" he continued, but Jiyong could only shake his head since he doesn't quite believe in stuff like those he stated.

 

"No! This is just a dream!" Jiyong denied what he was hearing from this man. "No! This is a nightmare! That's what it is a nightmare!"

 

"I'm not here to make you believe in stuff like those," he explained with a smile on his face. "This is reality Jiyong. Your own life is in your own hand right now. That..." an image of his body in a hospital bed, flashed once again on the wall. "Is reality! You are currently in a coma Jiyong and you are depending on a miracle which you can only do right now."

 

"What is that suppose to mean?" he glared at the man.

 

"Your own life, is in your own hand," he sternly repeated again. "I'm the one who can grant you the chance, but the miracle itself relies on you."

 

"What do you want from me?" Jiyong asked.

 

"It's not me who needs anything from you," he shook his head. "They do!"

 

The image of his body disappeared from the wall and a few pictures of other people flashed. Most of them looked familiar and there he realized what all those people have in common. They were all fired and were denied without any second thoughts from him when they all asked for another chance.

 

"What am I suppose to do?" he was baffled by everything.

 

"You figure out yourself," the man chuckled. "I'm only here to give you the chance that's all."

 

"What chance is that?" he asked.

 

"I'm only going to rewind time once," Jiyong was lost for a moment but he continued to listen to what he was saying. "It's your only shot to survive. Once you are back in that certain time, you must do what you have to do. And you may not use any of your resource!"

 

"Resource?" he repeated.

 

"That means your wealth," he smiled.

 

"Then what am I suppose to do?" Jiyong is now feeling irritated. "What am I suppose to use?"

 

"Your heart Jiyong," he looked at him warmly.

 

Jiyong felt himself still for a second having to hear his only resource. When it comes to his heart, it's what he struggles the most to understand. After all, he had experience having a weakened heart where he almost lost all the hard work he had done from his own entire life.

 

And his parents never showed or taught him how to use his heart. It was always abouth the brain with no feelings attached to it.

 

"And what if I failed?" Jiyong tried not to sound scared but he had to know.

 

"Then you'd lose everything," he simply answered. "And what I mean by everything, even your life. I'm only giving you one chance and if you fail then I have to forward time where you're suppose to be in right now.  For once Jiyong think outside of that business head of yours and start using what your heart has to offer. You just don't know how much your heart can do. In the end of it all, it's the blessing in life that you will truly appreciate."

 

"I can't do this," he whispered.

 

"There is nothing, Jiyong can't do," the man smiled. "You'll do well. So good luck Jiyong!"

 

"Wait!" Jiyong exclaimed, but it was all too late as the man disappeared.

 

[Time Shifts]

 

Jiyong didn't quite understand what just happened to him moments ago. The strikingly painful headache suddenly appeared and his vision blurred turning everything dark.

 

And as he opened his eyes, there he found himself in front of a door. He looked at where he was and found himself in a rugged apartment building where the interior was somewhat damaged. Jiyong didn't even think about the exterior of this place since the interior itself looked horrible.

 

"Where am I?" he whispered looking at the door with a number 21.

 

He then realized that maybe this is where his mission will start. Anxious, he knocked on the forcefully hoping who ever is living in the apartment is here.

 

He felt himself excited as he heard the door knob click signaling him someone was home. He couldn't tore his eyes off on the door hoping to see the person soon.

 

The door slightly cracked open as the metal chain for second lock were still secured and chained. Then a head slowly peeked making the person behind the door stunned, her eyes wide open seeing who it was outside her door. Jiyong was also shock seeing who it was living in such place like this.

 

"Sajangnim," Jiyong heard her whisper.

 

"Ms. Park?" he can't help but utter her name.

 

--------------------------------

A/N:

Thanks for reading! ^^