Loving you no matter what

She's My Responsibility

 

He was so deep in sleep until he was woken up by the sun rays that shone through his window, “Hyera-ah~,” he called out hoping to get a response.

“Hyera-ah~,” he called out again, this time; he opened his eyes and saw that she isn’t sleeping beside him. He dragged himself out of bed and went out of the room, “Hyera-ah,” he called out again.

“I’m in the kitchen,” Hyera replied as Luhan headed towards the kitchen, “What are you doing?” he asked yawning.

Hyera turned and smiled widely, “Miyoon-unnie is teaching me to bake.”

Miyoon turned around and apologize profusely, “I’m sorry, Luhan-sshi, did I wake you up?”

Luhan shook his head instantly, “Ah, no, absolutely no, the sun woke me up.”

Hyera chuckled upon hearing his response, she continue doing her baking, “Unnie, is this the right way to do it?”

“I guess I’ll leave you girls alone,” Luhan said and he headed back to his room to wash up. Today is a weekend and it’s time for him and Hyera to spend some quality time together after a long week at work.

-

Luhan went back to the kitchen after changing, “Luhan-sshi, we will be done is another five minutes,” Miyoon remarked and he just went to the study room in the meantime.

“Thank you unnie, this will be our tea break for our little date afterwards,” Hyera rejoiced as she clasps her hands together grinning.

Miyoon laughed and said, “Go and get change while I’ll take care of all these here.”

Hyera hugged Miyoon and gave her a peck on her cheeks, “Thank you!”

Luhan was sitting infront of his laptop when he spotted Hyera making her way back to the room. He smiled and continued using his laptop until he heard Hyera coming out of the toilet. Luhan closed the cover of the laptop and went to the room, he decided to surprise Hyera.

Hyera was drying her hair when Luhan went over and gave her a backhug, “Oh my..” She exclaimed after noticing that it was Luhan.

“Hyera-ah~,” Luhan called out affectionately as he noticed the smile on her face.

Hyera tried to get Luhan off her back, “My hair is still wet and I need to dry it.”

Luhan took over her towel and wiped it for her. Hyera just sat infront of the mirror as Luhan dries her hair gently using the hair-dryer as he combed through her hair softly afraid of hurting her.

When they are done, they headed down to the kitchen, “I’ve packed the cupcakes for you and cleaned everything for you. Enjoy your little date today.” Luhan read out loud as he picked up the post-it pasted on the table counter.

He turned around and saw Hyera’s pouting face, he went over and held her hand, “Why are you pouting?” he asked finding her pouting face amusing.

“I didn’t have a chance to thank unnie properly,” Hyera replied sighing as Luhan lifted her face, “There’s always next time you know, for now let’s go for our date that I’ve planned!” He exclaimed happily like a kid.

-

Luhan set the mat on the grass under a tree at the beach and signaled Hyera to sit down as the cool wind blew against their face. Luhan lied down and gently lay Hyera’s head on his chest, “Your heart is beating so fast,” she teased but she loves listening to his heart beat.

Apart from his heart beat, Hyera could also hear the sound of waves as well as the rustling of leaves, she opened her eyes and sat back up, “Shall we have our tea break?” she turned to ask Luhan.

Luhan sat back up and replied, “Sure, let’s see what we have here,” he took out the cupcake, sushi, salad and two cans of cola, “Cupcake, sushi, salad and cola.”

Hyera picked up a piece of cupcake and motioned, “Ah~,” to Luhan who took a bite of it, “How does it taste?” she asked eagerly waiting for his response.

“It tasted awesome!” Luhan replied taking another bite before feeding Hyera a bite of her product.

As usual, the pair will talk about how their week went by and if there’s any dissatisfaction between the two and they will find solutions to solve their dissatisfaction. By the time they are done talking, their foods have finished too.

“I took the camera, let’s take some photographs,” Luhan suggested pulling Hyera closed to him, 1, 2, 3, click! “Did the picture turn out well?” Hyera asked as she tidies her hair neatly.

“Perfect, pretty as always,” Luhan replied cheekily before pulling Hyera to the shore to take pictures of her.

Hyera could feel raindrops falling on her hand, “It’s going to rain soon,” she informed Luhan who replied, “Alright, let’s go and keep our stuffs.”

-

Luhan and Hyera make it to the café just in time before they get drenched by the rain. They sat by the corner table at the café sipping on hot coffee wandering how long will this rain last. Luhan stared outside the window and noticed that the window is condensed; he drew a heart and took a picture of it before wiping it away.

The rain didn’t lasted long before it stopped raining, “The rain had stopped,” Hyera clapped her hands together. Luhan finished up his drink and looked up, “Rainbow…” he blurted out as he took a photo of it.

“The rainbow must be very pretty right?” Hyera asked, attracting the attention of Luhan who looked at her, “Y-yes, it’s really pretty.” He replied softly, observing the smiles on her face.

“I can’t see, so to me, it’s only pitch-black outside,” Hyera explained, her smile remained.

Luhan held her hands and squeezed it lightly, “I’m sorry.”

Hyera shook her head, “It’s not your fault, so stop blaming yourself,” she said giving him her brightest smile.

‘It’s my fault that you are blind and you will always be my responsibility…’

Flashback

“Hyera-ah, I was really caught up in a meeting and my phone was dead,” Luhan tried to explain what Hyera was too pissed to hear his explanation.

“Hyera-ah,” he called out hoping she will listen to him but she just ignored him.

When she was not so pissed anymore, she turned and looked at him, “It’s our third anniversary and your work is so important that you choose to forsake our anniversary celebration!” She shouted as tears rolled down her eyes and it pained him to see her cry.

“I’m sorry,” was all Luhan could say at this point of stage.

“That’s all?” Hyera asked, completely disappointed with him.

She turned and headed for the door, “You really disappoint me,” she yelled and dashed out the house.

Luhan ran after her a while later but she was nowhere to be found, he stopped in his track when he heard a piercing loud scream, “Hyera!” he shouted as he approached the bleeding body lying on the ground.

-

Hyera was lucky to survive this ordeal but that was also the changing point of her life as well as Luhan’s…

“Why can’t I see anything..!” She cried out agitatedly as Luhan tried to console her but to no avail, he hugged her forcefully, “The doctor said that you are lucky to survive this ordeal but you will be blind…” he whispered into her ears, his heart hurting.

“I’m blind…” Hyera mumbled repeatly.

“Will you still love me even if I’m blind,” Hyera bit her lips and popped the question that surprises Luhan a little.

Luhan kissed her forehead and replied, “Of course, I’ll love you forever no matter what.”

End of Flashback

Luhan held Hyera’s hand tightly as they make their way back home, “I can’t wait for the day where I regained my eyesight back,” Hyera beamed as Luhan looked at her happy face.

‘For now, I’ll look at the world for you on your behalf and describe everything to you so that you can imagine it in your head.’

***************

A one-shot that I got inspired to write from Trax's 창문. 

I feel that Luhan kinda suits this story so I chose him. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this story and let me know how you feel after reading this.