Encounter

Doorstep

 

 

 

 

 Doorstep

                                                                                       

                                                                                                                        **Gif does not belong to me.**

 

 

 

Occupied with paperwork, Bang Yongguk -- CEO of TS Inc. -- ran his palms through his hair in frustration. “When am I gonna get this done?” he whispered to himself.


The man was stressed, and I think we all know that. He hasn’t gotten rest for the past week doing the same thing over, and over, and over again. This was literally the only time he’d worked this hard because out of the blue, the golden gate of opportunity opened up before him.


TS Incorporated is a business, where they make today’s gadgets -- smartphones, tablets, etc. -- and they have a good amount of money currently in their reach. But Apple, iPhone/iPad/iPod Apple, has asked to collab with TS Inc. and become more successful and knock all other opponents out of the game. It’s something you really can’t turn down, as Apple is one of the more popular and most appreciated business as of today, the modern era.


Yongguk finished signing his last document and dropped his pen to who-knows-where, leaning back into his chair and letting out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding. Then a knock came from the other side of his office door.


“Hyung,” Yongguk’s co-worker said softly, knocking multiple times as Yongguk didn’t answer. “Hyung,” a little louder this time.


“What is it, Daehyun?” the older groaned sitting up straight and let out a yawning ‘Come in’ before rubbing his tired eyes.


“Did you finish your paperwork?” the cocky young man in front of Yongguk asked, biting his lip in anticipation. Yongguk already knew what he would ask so he swiveled in his chair, his back facing the younger. “I’m not going.”


“You didn’t even know what I was gonna ask!” Daehyun almost yelled.


Daehyun was Yongguk’s close friend. He knew him through his brother, Yongnam, whose girlfriend’s cousin is Daehyun. So you can say these two are practically related, and very comfortable around each other.


“I’m not going to club. I’m going home.” Yongguk stated curtly.


“But think of the people, hyung. They’re all hot.”


“Aren’t you dating Youngjae, though?” The elder turned back to him at this.


“Youngjae’s a bartender that works at the club I’m referring to, hyung.”

“That doesn’t mean you can call others that visit the club ‘hot’ though. Where’s your loyalty gone?” Yongguk said, standing up and walking past the young man, taking a paper cup from above the water dispenser near the corner of the room, downing everything in one go.


“First of all,” Daehyun started, “I just used that to get you to go, because there is no one ier than my boyfriend.”


Daehyun was gay. Yongguk knew that from the moment he saw the younger looking at his current boyfriend -- Youngjae’s -- behind while taking a walk in the park. Yongguk admitted, he was kind of gay too. He didn’t find that much interest in women, since they’re all often so clingy and finicky towards everything. But Yongguk thought, work first Yongguk, work first.


“Well too bad, it isn’t working.”


“Jongup’s going.” Daehyun smirked and crossed his arms.


“So? Just because he’s my little brother doesn’t mean I have to care. The guy lives alone,” the male sat back in his desk and scoffed.


“Do you happen to know about his boyfriend?” Yongguk’’s eye widened.


“Jongup...my brother Jongup, straight Jongup, has a boyfriend?”


The younger nodded.


“I guess I rubbed off on him.” Yongguk scratched the back of his head.


“You have nothing to rub off, hyung. You’re still single, you’re the middle child of the family, and you’ve got no significant other. Come to the club. Please?”


“Nope.”


“Why?”


“No.”


“If you go, I’ll...” Daehyun tapped his finger on his chin in thought. Then it came to him.


“I’ll find you a boyfriend myself.”


The sitting man’s ears perked up, “Do you really think I’m desperate for a relationship in this line of work, Dae? I mean, Apple, dude.”


“It’s just one night! Please?” the younger clasped his hands together.


“Why do you want me to go so badly anyway?” Yongguk picked up his pen and started drawing eyes on a blank sticky note.


“You seemed stressed, and I thought you should calm down a bit.”


“Thanks for your concern, but I’m gonna go home.” Yongguk picked up his coat, and left the room, “See you on Monday,” he waved.



Yongguk pulled up at his driveway, his bed in his one-room condo practically calling out to him. He thought he should take a hot bath first, so that was calling his name too.


He parked his Mercedes Benz in his garage, locked it, and took out his house key. Just when he looked up, he jumped in surprise.


A man, one with a tattered up and uncleansed clothing, was lying on his doorstep. Yongguk looked up at the sky, he could practically see thunder in the distance which was nearly impossible with the thick gray clouds in the way.


Yongguk walked up to the man, tapped his shoulder and the dirty man flinched at the light contact.


“Sir?” Yongguk spoke softly, hearing the man shuffle around and sniff. “What brought you here?”


The man he was talking to turned to him, his eyes opened and looked at the man before him, “I apologize,” he said hastily. Yongguk kind of liked his voice, “I fell asleep here while walking.”


“Would you like me to take you home?” Yongguk internally facepalmed. The man looked like he didn’t even have a home, let alone know what a home actually was. That’s how bad the man looked, and Yongguk felt a new level of pity for him.


“I...don’t have one.” He sat up and looked down at his dirty fingers. There were some cuts and dried up blood, Yongguk didn’t fail to notice.


“Oh...” Yongguk stood up straight and scratched his nape, “Have you eaten yet?”


“Not for weeks. I feel like the heavens will be taking me soon,” the man chuckled, and stood up dusting himself off, “I’m sorry for being a bother and dirtying your clean doorstep. I’ll leave.” he smiled and bowed, looking up at the sky and cringed as he heard lightning behind them. He slowly started walking and pulled his teared up coat closer to his body. He shivered and kind of limped.

“S-sir...” Yongguk walked up behind the mysterious man, and held onto his shoulder, “Would you like to come inside?”


The guy’s eyes looked up, “W-why?” he shivered again.”


“Isn’t it obvious? You might die out there. From starvation, lightning or who-knows-what.” Yongguk grabbed his hand, not at all minding the dirt on them, “Come in.”


Yongguk pulled out his key again, and the man next to him, he realized, was still shivering. He opened the door, and the heat from the vents invaded with their auras. They went in, and the older let go of the man’s hand to lock the door behind them.


When Yongguk turned back though, he saw the man lying down in a dirty corner he minded cleaning due to his schedule.


“No, sir! It’s very dirty there, don’t lie there!” Yongguk hastily pulled the man, but at the same time gently.


“B-but, your house is so clean, and a person like me would make it dirty within a heartbeat. I think I should only stay until the bad weather is gone, yes?” the man smiled towards Yongguk, his bunny-like teeth visible.


“I heard it was raining for two weeks in a row,” Yongguk said, but the other nodded. “I’ll leave by tomorrow so you don’t have to worry about me, sir. I’m not really sure why you brought me in, I mean, look at me.” He gestured to his attire: the mentioned teared up coat, holes in the front of his shoes, up to the point where his toes stuck out, and his hands, oh his hands. Cuts, everywhere, as if he’s been picking up broken glass all day. Yongguk found himself staring at them for too long, and the dirty man hid them behind his back.


“If you don’t mind me asking,” Yongguk began, “where did those cuts come from?”


“Oh, I was, um...g-going through some dumpsters from behind the restaurant near here for food, a-and I found a broken bottle in the way. I picked it up but it broke even more in my hold...” he looked at his hands, “Ugly, aren’t they?”


“Don’t say that. It was an accident. And if you wanted food, you should’ve just looked for free food stamps.”


“I tried. But I couldn’t really get any since people didn’t want me to, you know, get ‘fatter’ than I already am.”


“But you haven’t eaten in so long! How could they call you fat?” Yongguk could’ve sworn he would’ve cried right then and there, but he didn’t want to seem weak to the weaker in front of him.

“I’m not really sure either.” he walked back to the dirty corner, “Thank you though, for this wonderful heat. I’ll leave before you wake up.”


“No.” Yongguk said firmly.


“Hm?” the other hummed, getting comfortable in his position, getting startled as he felt a light grip on his wrist.


“You’re going to live here from now on.”


The man’s eyes widened, “O-oh my..wait, w-why?” he struggled to find words.


“I live alone and you seem like a really nice person. Live with me. You need it. Please trust me.” He squeezed the man’s wrist. He whimpered and Yongguk loosened his grip.


“Sorry,” he said in concern, “but yeah. Here’s your new home.”


“But this is just too much to ask! You don’t even know my name and I don’t know yours!”


“Well, in that case, hello,” he let go of the man’s wrist and held out his hand, “I’m Bang Yongguk. Call me Yongguk.”


The other hesitated to take his hand, only because he felt like he was invading the man’s privacy. Yongguk waved his extended hand to the still unknown man, “Hey. I’m Yongguk,” he introduced himself again.


“Y-Yongguk.” He then extended his hand very slowly, “I’m Himchan. K-Kim Himchan.”


Their hands shook fully.


“Welcome, Himchan.” he smiled, “Would you like to eat first or take a shower first?”


“I’m fine, thank you...” he responded softly.


“Nuh-uh, one or the other. Or I’m choosing for you.”


“B-but...”


“Please, just take what you’re receiving. It’s honestly for your own good.” Yongguk pleaded sincerely, the man was so sad to look at in this form, he wanted to actually see his face clearly. And Yongguk can tell from the holes in his shirt, his ribs were practically the only thing there.


“I-I think a sh-shower would be nice...” Himchan half smiled at this man’s -- Yongguk’s, yeah, that’s his name -- kindness. He hasn’t had anyone as nice as him talk to him in that fashion.


“Great!” Yongguk smiled cheerfully and clapped, “I’ll go get you spare clothes.”


“N-no--”


“I’m getting it for you, so it’s too late to decline. I’ll start up the shower.”


Himchan literally started tearing up at the moment. This man is so kind. That’s the only thing that Himchan had in his mind that was repeating itself. He felt his tears falling from his eyes, and looked down.


Yongguk came back from the bathroom after dropping off his extra clothes to share with his new roommate, Himchan, and practically jogged back to where the man remained.


He was faced with a sobbing figure, his hands covered his face as he hiccuped.


Yongguk ran, and kneeled in front of Himchan, “W-what’s wrong, Himchan?”


“I-It’s ju-st...” he couldn’t look up.


“Just what? What happened?” Yongguk started panicking.


“You’re so kind. No one ever acknowledged me like you did just now. I cry like this in public because of sorrow, and no one ever worried about me. But here you are, worrying about me...your kindness is just a different level...thank you..”


Yongguk smiled and thought he worried for nothing, “Hey, don’t cry. It’s okay. Think of me as your friend. Best friend. Okay?” the other nodded. “Let’s get you in the shower then, yeah?”


He held Himchan’s hand and led him to the bathroom, telling him to leave his clothes on top of the sink counter for disposal later.



As Himchan showered, Yongguk went into the kitchen and tried to cook up a little something for the newcomer.


Yongguk fixed the table and out came his new roommate. The occupied man turned to him, and he swear he felt his jaw drop to the earth’s core. This man was beautiful, Yongguk noted.


His defined jawline, his double-eyelids, his heart-shaped lips, his pink tinted cheeks. Yongguk admired him so much more, now that his face was exposed. It was flawless, and Yongguk didn’t fail to notice his deep philtrum. Not a pimple in sight either. He was perfect.

“Y-Yongguk? Is there something wrong?” Himchan turned to the side and felt his face with his still wounded hands.


“Oh, absolutely nothing! Come, sit.” Like a gentleman should with his lady, in Yongguk’s case though, a feminine looking man, pulled out the chair and Himchan bowed and kindly sat down.


Yongguk felt even more worried because with the v-neck he let the other wear, he could clearly see his ribcage.


“I hope you like Japchae, Himchan.” Yongguk set the hot plate in the center of the both of them.


“It smells so good!” Himchan said surprised, but later collected himself when Yongguk looked at him while smiling.


“I’m glad it does. You eat first, okay? Don’t worry about leaving any for me. I’m going to take a shower first.”


“Are you sure you don’t want to eat first? Because I’m...never mind. I’ll wait for you to get back and we can eat together. I feel rude eating without the person who cooked it.”


This man was really full of respect, Yongguk spoke in his mind, but the man looked so hungry, and he said he wouldn’t eat unless he ate with him. The shower will have to wait.


“I’ll shower later then. I really want you to eat, so don’t hold back.”


Yongguk took a seat in front of Himchan, and the said man turned back to him with still tinted cheeks.


“Y-You didn’t have to--” Himchan looked up as he spoke but found Yongguk picking up the plate of japchae and putting a huge amount of it on Himchan’s plate.


“Sorry, I don’t have side dishes.” the man smiled, gums showing fully, as he settled with a small amount of the noodles for himself.


“I think you gave me too much, Yongguk,” Himchan said softly.


“I think I gave you just enough, Himchan,” he said and Himchan bit his lip and pointed to his small amount.


“Make it even. I don’t think it’s fair.”


“Nothing in life is fair, Channie,” Yongguk didn’t realize the nickname he just mentioned and Himchan turned even more pink, “so eat up and we can go rest okay?”

All Himchan did was nod. Yes, he admitted he was hungry to death, but he didn’t want to seem unfair to the other man, since it was the one receiving and not really giving.


They ate in comfortable silence, and at times Yongguk would try to slurp up his noodles and it made Himchan giggle. But giggle femininely.


Soon, they finished eating, and for the first time in more than a year, Himchan felt stuffed. He smiled after seeing Yongguk burp on command, and chuckled.


Yongguk would purposely do it to make the guy smile. His eye dimple was a special sight.


The slightly taller man told Himchan to watch a bit of television first while he took a shower, and so he did. Himchan was just watching re-runs of this show called “Running Man”, where these players are separated in teams and try to take each other’s tags off. Himchan actually laughed, and he really enjoyed the comedians. This was now his favorite show.


The older found Himchan laughing lightly as he stared at the TV, rubbing his wet hair with a clean hand towel around his neck.


“What are you watching Channie?” He asked, taking the spot next to the other.


“Running Man,” Himchan responded when he calmed himself down.


“Cool,” Yongguk smiled and turned to the television, pretending to enjoy the show and laugh along with Himchan, when all Yongguk really did was look at the other from the corner of his eye. He loved his cute expressions.


Wait, Yongguk thought to himself, I barely know the guy. Why do I feel like this? Is he even gay?


He jumped out of his thoughts as he heard Himchan burst out in laughter and clap.


Soon, the show came to an end, but was thrilled to find out that there was another episode (really another re-run but Himchan’s never seen it) the next night.


Yongguk took his hand, and led him to his one bedroom. As the older walked to his bed, he found Himchan taking a seat on his desk chair politely.


“What are you doing, Himchan?” Yongguk wondered why the other didn’t follow him to his bed.


“I don’t think we should share a bed. It’s rude.” Himchan huffed and got comfortable sitting on the desk chair, hiking his legs up and hugging them, laying his head on his knees.


“Good night, Yongguk.”

“Himchan, you’re crazy if you think I’m going to let you sleep in a chair,” Yongguk scoffed, and poked Himchan’s head.


“Yah. Kim Himchan.”


He didn’t reply.


Yongguk took the initiative to carry Himchan, wedding-style, to his king-sized bed. He heard the other squeal, but he didn’t pay mind to it and set the other down gently under the covers. Himchan then sat up and pouted at Yongguk, which the older found was the most adorable thing he’d ever seen.


“Yongguk!” Himchan stomped on the blanket and crossed his arms.


“Yes, princess?” Yongguk smiled when he saw the other blush and eyes widen at the question.


“W-why are you being so nice to me?” He looked up to the man standing and he really wanted to know why.


“Well, it would be very rude of me to shoo you away, wouldn’t it?” Yongguk sat next to Himchan and turned to him. “You seemed so...fragile.”


“Well I am. But is that the reason why you told me to live here from now on?”


“It gets kind of lonely here too, you know. I really was planning to keep you in until the storm passed, which I think didn’t even sta-”


As if on cue, a string of lightning was seen through Yongguk’s window pane.


Himchan flinched and covered his ears. He was shaking.


Yongguk wrapped his arms protectively around the shaking male, hoping it would help him. Instead, the older continued to talk to Himchan in a whisper, into his ear, “I was planning to only keep you in until this storm ended, but now, I think it would be nice to have another soul living here. And you mentioned that you didn’t have a home, so here you are.”


Yongguk hugged him tighter, nuzzling into his hair. He noted that Himchan used his shampoo, and how it still smelled really fresh.


“I’ll take care of you. Don’t worry.”


Out of nowhere, Himchan pulled away from Yongguk’s hold, and the other sighed. He ran a hand through Himchan’s hair and said, “Get some slee-”

Before Yongguk could say anything else, Himchan’s lips landed square onto his.


Yongguk was stunned, he didn’t know what was happening. Himchan just enjoyed how his lips were warm against Yongguk’s, but pulled away quickly when he saw Yongguk’s emotionless face.


Himchan panicked, “I-I’m so sorry!”


He picked himself up and ran out the door, heading for the bathroom so he can just...cry. He didn’t know why he did it, he didn’t know what influenced him to do it. It just sort of...happened. Yongguk followed suit, and grabbed Himchan’s wrist, pulling the feminine male into a very protective embrace, yet again.


“Himchan,” Yongguk whispered huskily, “are you gay?”


The other man gulped loudly, swallowing a lump in his throat.


Yongguk took Himchan’s silence as a yes. “Let’s talk about this, okay?”


“N-NO!” Himchan yelled, struggling out of Yongguk’s hold, “I’M SO SORRY!”


“HIMCHAN!” Yongguk pulled Himchan closer to him, “It’s okay! It’s okay. I’m...gay too.”


Himchan stopped struggling, and settled into Yongguk’s hold. He even hugged him back.


Yongguk smiled, and led Himchan back to his bedroom, and closed the door.


“Sit,” Yongguk gestured to the bed they were on just before.


“That was....very sudden, and taken by surprise. I’m sorry I didn’t respond.” he held Himchan’s hand and Himchan looked up pouting.


“I didn’t expect you to. I’m really sorry.” He held onto Yongguk’s hand firmly, as if that was the only power he’s shown all night.


“Do you like me?”


That question lingered in the air for a moment before Himchan replied shyly with a nod.


“Well, I guess I like you too.” Yongguk was about to give Himchan a hug, but was stopped by said man.


“You don’t need to do this out of pity. I’m probably not your preference anyway.”

“How do you know if I don’t like adorable men like yourself? How you’re so considerate and unbelievably respectful, how you laughed while we were watching TV...” Yongguk leaned in to peck his nose.


“But you don’t really know my back story. I think now would be a good time, since we’re all confessing here,” Himchan gulped again, and began speaking.


“I’m disowned.”


Yongguk’s smile faded, Himchan was searching the other man’s face for any sign of emotion, but all Yongguk looked like right now was like he was about to tear up.


“D-don’t cry!” Himchan panicked and caressed Yongguk’s cheek, not knowing what else to do, and he was pulled into Yongguk’s chest, yet again.


“You’re mine.” Yongguk said possessively, “You’ll never be disowned again.”


“Well, it’s not like they tried to keep me anyway.”


“Who’s ‘they’, Channie?”


“My parents that were against my uality. The kicked me out, and I was living on the streets of Anyang for a while, then I managed to make it here, in Seoul, and tried to pursue my dream as a instrumentalist. That didn’t go so well. My family was a traditional one, and so I wouldn’t have been surprised by their action, but I didn’t think they’d actually act as if they didn’t know me anymore, you know?”


Yongguk pushed Himchan’s brunette hair behind his ear as he spoke slowly and thoroughly.


“So yeah. Here I am.” he smiled sheepishly and got a stolen kiss from Yongguk.


“Here you are,” Yongguk restated and grinned merrily.


“But it’s their loss. They had a wonderful son. But now, he’s my boyfriend.” Yongguk kissed Himchan again but this time, it was really something.


Yongguk on Himchan’s lip, and Himchan gladly followed as he felt the other’s tongue trace his upper lip and philtrum, both of their eyes were fully closed, and then their tongues finally met.


They weren’t really in the mood for going all the way, though they knew they would soon but not tonight, but dancing tongues were enough to make the room feel like it was on fire. Yongguk picked up Himchan’s body and placed him on his lap as Himchan’s arms found their way around Yongguk’s neck. They were breathless, but they didn’t want to stop. The kiss was so full of passion, and everything escalated to quickly for them. But neither of them minded. They both only needed each other anyway.



The next day, they both woke up in each other’s arms, limbs tied together. Yongguk opened his eyes and found Himchan sleeping soundly on his forearm, not that he minded.


It felt nice to have someone next to him in the morning, rather than groaning while getting out of bed and eating breakfast before going out for a jog.


Himchan felt Yongguk shuffle next to him and he woke up as well. He looked around, and his eyes landed on his new lover.


“Morning, beautiful.” Yongguk kissed Himchan’s nose and he scrunched his face cutely.


“Hi,” he smiled and yawned, nuzzling his nose into Yongguk’s neck, savoring the moment.


“You know what’s weird, Gukkie?” Yongguk chuckled at the name, but he went with it anyway, “What is it, babe?”


“Yesterday, we didn’t even...know each other. Now, we’re lovers. How does that work?”


“Fate, love. It’s fate.” He kissed Himchan’s forehead assuringly.


“When’s your birthday?” The younger’s question came out of nowhere.


“March 31, 1990.”


Himchan gasped, “You’re exactly 20 days older than me!” he sat up and squished Yongguk’s face. This totally wasn’t him in the beginning.


“I don’t wanna count, so you tell me yours, hon.”


“April 19. Same year~” He eskimo kissed Yongguk.


Himchan was going through a giggle fit, and Yongguk was laughing with him.


“You wanna continue from yesterday?”


Himchan tilted his head toward the older, “Huh?”


“Kiss me.”

Himchan nodded and leaned in for the other to steal his lips. Both of their lips were like pillows. They fit onto each other’s lips so well, moving in sync. Himchan then straddled Yongguk again and deepened the kiss, rolling his hips on the elder.


Yongguk muffled a moan, and Himchan smirked.


It was only 8:30 AM. They had time.

 
 
 
SORRY I'M STUPID
 
-Emma