1

I Don't Need Help (DISCONTINUED)

 

"Hyung, I don't need help." Dongwoo said, laughing. However, his eyes contradicted his words. Those eyes said more than he could ever. There was fear mixed with that longing for help and understanding. And before Sunggyu could notice anything else in those eyes that now shone with tears b, threatening to slip down his face, Dongwoo looked away from him, staring down at his legs, the sweat mixing with his tears as he quickly wiped at his face with the back of his hand, and stood up. Dongwoo looked once more at Sunggyu, those eyes screaming "help me" but his smile said he was fine. 
 
"Sorry for messing up again guys, I'll work harder!" Dongwoo said, laughing as he immediately bounced back into place for practice, ignoring the fact that he was sore and bruised from continously tripping over himself and messing up during dance practice. Everyone urged Dongwoo to take a rest, that pushing himself wasn't going to help. Dongwoo would just shake them off with a laugh, and the music would start again. 
 
Back in the dorm Sunggyu would notice the absence of Dongwoo at times when they had no schedule and everyone was either eating, sleeping, playing video games, or watching television. Sunggyu would be the first, rather the only, to notice Dongwoo missing. He'd ask the others and they'd look up from what they were doing for a moment, a confused expression written as though they had no idea who Dongwoo was at the moment, before they'd snap out of it and shrug, claiming they haven't seen him. 
 
Sunggyu didn't know why, but he went to the rooftop, thinking that Dongwoo might've escaped there. And he was right, as he pushed the door to the rooftop open, finding a lonely Dongwoo sitting on the edge of the rooftop, legs dangling as he wrote in his journal. Sunggyu knew he shouldn't have been there when he heard the choked sob coming from Dongwoo, and the way his body wouldn't stop shaking as he clutched onto the edge of the rooftop with his pen in his hand, making sure he wouldn't fall off. Dongwoo wasn't sobbing outloud, rather he sobbed quietly too himself, something he's done way too many times in the middle of the night while everyone was asleep.
 
It broke Sunggyu's heart the way Dongwoo was shaking uncontrollably as he cried into his other hand, muffling the sounds of his sobs. Sunggyu knew he shouldn't have been there, he wasn't supposed too. He wasn't supposed to see Dongwoo break down into a million pieces. He wasn't supposed to go looking for Dongwoo. He wasn't supposed to find Dongwoo's own little world. He was trespassing into dangerous territory, and he ever-so-quietly slipped back out of the rooftop, allowing himself to watch Dongwoo from the small window the door provided. 
 
Sunggyu was relieved that Dongwoo didn't notice Sunggyu, yet it didn't help Sunggyu feel any better that he can't do anything to help Dongwoo. He wouldn't even know what to say to the younger, let alone try and approach him on such a thing when Dongwoo's known to avoid topics such as these, especially when it's about him. Yet Sunggyu can't help the fact that his heart yearns to make Dongwoo open up to him, and not hide away when things aren't falling exactly into place.
 
--
 
"Hyung, I don't need help." Came Dongwoo's voice from a far, followed by that same laugh. Sunggyu frowned and went over to Dongwoo, his arm oustretched to help the younger up, and there he saw it. The pain hidden deep within Dongwoo's eyes began to shine ever so brightly before Sunggyu. Dongwoo's eyes began to fill up with tears, and before he could look away, Sunggyu spoke up. "Dongwoo-ah, you need help." He kneeled down infront of Dongwoo as he quickly wiped away the fallen tears.
 
Dongwoo shook his head, his face leaning into Sunggyu warm touch, the tears streaming down his face.
 
"S-Sunggyu-ah, I don't need help." 
 
Sunggyu just shook his head, and sat himself down in front of Dongwoo, who's legs were outstretched infront of him in defeat from the many times of practice he's done, but only to meet up with failure. Sunggyu began to gently massage Dongwoo's sore legs, and nothing was echanged between the two. Dongwoo sat there, humming in content, as his eyes looked up and met with Sunggyu's. Words weren't spoken, but Dongwoo's eyes said enough.  
 
Thank you.
 

--

i finally updated this ! please enjoy <3