Out the Door

What Happens in SM, Stays in SM [though EXO thinks otherwise]

 

 

 

Out The Door

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Kris asked. His hand on the key he slid into the doorknob.

 

Kai swallowed. “Oh, hi hyung.”

 

“Kim Jongin, why are you on the floor?” The eldest asked again, his face full of confusion.

 

Kai took another bite of the bibimbap he was enjoying for the past five minutes. “Suho hyung left me here,” Kai answered sitting comfortably on the carpeted floor just outside the studio.

 

“And why is that?”

 

“Because he said I needed some discipline so he asdffbulbrblm-“He answered while spicy rice flew off of his mouth and soiling the clean floor.

 

“Forget it,” Kris cut him off. “I don’t need to know and I really don’t care.”

 

Kai swallowed. “What?” He frowned.

 

Kris turned the knob open and took a step in.

 

“Hyung, aren’t you even gonna let your dongsaeng in?”

 

“No.” Kris answered and took another step but Kai grabbed his ankle.

 

“Appa,” Kai called out.

 

“You’re not my son.” Kris shook his feet trying to get the pleading maknae off of him.

 

 Kai knew he won’t win over his hyung. He released his ankle and said, “I know, you don’t love me. You only care about Tao and Chanyeol hyung.”

 

“Very good,” Kris patted the younger’s head. “I never knew you could be so clever. Now, carry on and finish your meal, we don’t want a hungry wolf running around the building.” He said before proceeding inside the room and locking the door behind him.

 

Kai stuck his tongue out on the person who just took off and left him there. He continued chewing on the delicious thing in the stainless bowl he was holding.

 

 

Kris strutted to the middle of the room where everyone was. Five pair of eyes followed him except Kyungsoo who looked dismayed at Chanyeol who was the only one left eating at the table.

 

“Where have you been?” Suho asked flashing a worried expression at Kris. He was followed by Lena who asked the same question. Chanyeol suddenly stopped for a few moments to look at Lena surprised by hearing the girl speak in a language he was familiar with then continued gulping down the food in front of him.

 

“Just ran some errands for our seniors, you know how I do.” Kris answered coolly as he sat down to the last cushion beside Kyungsoo.

 

“Here hyung,” The boy beside him slid two bowls to his direction. “This guy wanted to eat yours as well, if Suho hyung hadn’t stopped him.” Kyungsoo pointed at Chanyeol eating in front of him.

 

Lena giggled. She was having fun watching the adorable tall man eat the last two bowls of noodles like it was just his appetizer. “Oppa, are you done?” She asked smiling at Chanyeol who was wiping his mouth.

 

“N- Ne,” Chanyeol stuttered.

 

Baekhyun sighed, rolling his eyes.

 

“Why is Jongin eating outside?” Kris turned his eyes to Suho.

 

“A punishment,” Suho answered briefly. Kris rolled his eyes and turned to Kyungsoo for answers.

 

“Jongin pissed Sehun off earlier so he locked Suho hyung and him outside. When these two came back,” He pointed at Baekhyun and the burping Chanyeol.  “Suho hyung went in and left that dummy alone. I gave him his food.” Kyungsoo relayed the story to Kris with his hand gestures.

 

“Hyung,” Kyungsoo turned to Suho. “Don’t you think we should let him in now?”

 

“I’m feeling something here Kyungsoo,” Kris teased. Kyungsoo just shot him a glare.

 

“I don’t know,” Suho turned to the youngest. “Sehun-ah?”

 

“It’s cool hyung, I’ll let him in.” The milk-skinned boy stood up and headed for the door.

 

“Sehun’s too nice,” Kris started, eyes following Sehun.

 

“That’s our sweet maknae.” Suho called out.

 

“I wasn’t asking exsuho,” Kris snarled. “I’m kinda not in the mood to eat now.” He pushed his food away.

 

“I’ll eat it!” Chanyeol quickly reached for the bowls.

 

Lena grabbed one of Chanyeol’s arms and Kris took the bowls out of his reach. Chanyeol turned to see who held him from his food.

 

Uh, oppa, don’t you think you’ve eaten enough? You might get sick,” She said in English. Lena paused and thought of the right Korean words to say next. “I don’t want you to get sick. Many fans would be upset if you do.”

 

Chanyeol was surprised. His eyes focused on the delicate hand that was holding his wrist.

 

Kris spoke out, “She’s right Chanyeol, the last thing we need is sending you off into the emergency room like Yixing. Unless you want to have a heart attack, then you’re free to eat your fourth bowl of noodles.”

 

Kyungsoo nudged Kris with his elbow. “I’m feeling something here, hyung.” He repeatedly raised his eyebrows in mockery. Kris rolled his eyes.

 

Chanyeol slowly sat back down after Lena released her grip. He smiled thankfully at the girl while his thoughts went back to him. Sehun returned to his seat between Baekhyun and Chanyeol and nudged the one on his right, “What did I miss?” He asked Baekhyun.

 

“Nothing,” The older one shook his head.

 

“Why was she holding hyung’s hand?” Sehun whispered.

 

“Oh, she just didn’t want Chanyeol to eat any more. She’s worried it’ll ruin his health or something like that.” Baekhyun flicked his hand.

 

“I heard my name,” Sehun and Baekhyun gasped, both equally startled when Chanyeol’s face popped out of nowhere.

 

 

“I’m here,” Kai bowed and greeted everyone then proceeded to sit beside Kris which was the only space available around the table.

 

Amber and Lena were talking about food. Lena‘s eyes followed Kai. She saw that he had nothing to sit on, she thought for a moment and Amber’s words were suddenly all a blur in her ears. Lena stood up and ran for her bag.

 

There’s a coffee sho-“Amber was cut off when the girl she was talking to suddenly ran off. “What’s she up to?” She whispered.

 

Baekhyun, Sehun, Chanyeol and Amber followed their eyes on Lena through the room, the others continued on their conversation. She took a weird-shaped black pillow from one of her bags and hugged it against her back as she made her way to the table.

 

What’s that?” Amber asked.

 

Nothing,” Lena answered. She passed her spot on the floor which made Amber scrunch her eyebrows.

 

 “Kai,” She stopped behind Kris and tapped Kai’s shoulder. The boy looked at her, surprised.

 

“Uh, oppa,” She took out the pillow she held on her back. “You should sit here.” She said in Korean.

 

“Thank you,” Kai smiled. “But you don’t have to. I don’t want to sit on something I know you use. It’s okay.”

 

Lena looked at Kris for answers.

 

He said it’s fine and he thinks you use it when you sleep so he doesn’t want to just sit on it.” Kris grabbed the black pillow from Lena’s hands causing her to shout, “Oppa ajima!” He flipped it upside down to hug it but he saw something familiar.

 

“Yah! EXO-eyo, EXO!” Baekhyun shouted. The rest followed.

 

Amber face-palmed remembering when Lena asked her to look for a place to buy a handy pillow with an EXO reference on it.

 

Hey I thought you said you never had any EXO merchandise!” Kris laughed.

 

Lena hid her face as she crawled back to her spot beside Amber.

 

Amber threw her arm on Lena’s shoulders. “It’s alright,” She said reassuringly. “They now your secret now.

 

Kris knew,” Lena whispered.

 

Why’d you tell him?” Amber asked. The rest of the boys were scrambling over the little battered pillow.

 

He kept on asking. He traded secrets with me, some very funny ones.” Lena laughed.

 

Wow, you’re friends now?

 

Acquaintances,

 

The boys were getting louder fighting over the little black pillow for a reason who knows what.

 

“Guys, stop!” Amber shouted causing the seven boys to freeze in their positions. “Give me that!” She grabbed the pillow they were all tugging on.

 

“Why do I feel so flattered?” Chanyeol shouted. He sat down, his face flushing in red.

 

“Me too,” Kyungsoo laughed.

 

“You’re a fan?” Chanyeol asked, his eyes focused on Lena.

 

Lena hugged the pillow tightly, “N- Ne,” She stammered.

 

“Really?” Suho flinched on his seat. “Then you agree I’m the handsomest?” He said quite loudly.

 

Kris laughed and translated the rest to Lena.

 

“Aniya,” Baekhyun interrupted before Lena could even answer. “I am.”

 

“No. We all know I’m the visual. That’s why I’m on the banner outside.” Kai boasted.

 

Sehun threw a ball of tissue at Kai. “That should’ve been me with Luhan hyung, you brown gummy bear!”

 

The boys went into a war between who’s the handsomest whilst Kris tried to calm down all five of them. Sehun and Kai threw out random balls of used tissues at each other. Kyungsoo just looked at them wide-eyed like he usually does.

 

“Sorry, this is actually their normal state, but they’re all really nice children.” Kyungsoo said to Lena. Amber translated.

 

“She says she understands. After all, she’s an EXOtic, she knows how wild you guys can be.” Amber said to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo laughed and continued to look at the six rambling boys.

 

About that coffee shop down the street,” Amber whispered to Lena.

 

Lena looked worried while watching those men babble out in front of her. Amber caught her expression and reassured her, “They’re fine. They’re actually worse than that.

 

Really?” Lena raised her eyebrows at Amber.

 

Yep.”

 

I can’t imagine all the things D.O oppa had to go through every single day.” Lena looked at Kyungsoo and back to the scrambling boys.

 

Balls of tissues were flying all around the room which was filled with deep voices trying to out yell each other. Baekhyun was there showing off a little part of his chest to prove how ‘flawless’ he is and then there was Chanyeol trying to cover the little boy up. Kai and Sehun were yelling out hurtful names at each other while Suho yelled at them to stop because he says they were too young to swear. Kris was freaking out at every single one of them and Kyungsoo sat and was all like O_O. Basically it was quite a racket.

 

Let’s just go down to that coffee shop. I don’t think seeing this would make them seem more appealing to you. These es just ruined their image, if there was actually an image to ruin.” Amber looked displeased at the boys.

 

We just ate lunch, Chanyeol oppa’s still finishing Kris’s food. Isn’t it rude to leave?” Lena asked.

 

I swear, when they finish and you’re still here, they’ll ask you the awkwardest questions there is about being a fan of theirs. Chanderp’s right here, there’s no escape once they start.” Amber said. Lena called Chanyeol that everytime they chat online, she somehow adapted it as well.

 

Lena froze. Amber creeped her out with just two sentences.

 

You sure you want to stay and let Chanyeol finish that bowl?” Amber raised her eyebrows. She stood up and headed for the door.

 

Wait, please take me with you.” Lena jumped up and grabbed Amber’s hand.

 

The two hurriedly walked to the door without making a sound. Kyungsoo followed his gaze on them.

 

Amber twisted the knob careful not to make it click. “Get out, hurry!” She pushed Lena out the door.

 

“Oh, wait!” Lena held her head. “My bean-bean.” She turned to get back inside but Amber blocked the entrance with her arm.

 

“Your what?” Amber whispered, quite annoyed.

 

“My beanie!” Lena pointed on top of her head. She pushed Amber’s arm off and dug in her bag.

 

“Hurry up!” Amber shouted.

 

“I am hurrying!” Lena answered her voice a little louder than Amber’s. “Here!” She raised the bright orange beanie and slid it on her head.

 

“Come on!” Amber shouted and the room fell silent.

 

All seven boys on the table had their eyes on the girls. It was a deafening silence, no one breathed, no one moved.

 

Where are you going?” Kris broke the tranquil moment.

 

To the coffee shop?” Amber answered smiling awkwardly.

 

Kris stood up and walked towards their direction. “I’m coming with you.

 

“Me too!” Kyungsoo called out.

 

“Andwae! No one’s coming along, I’m a hundred percent done with all of you. I need a break.” Kris answered coldly causing Kyungsoo to sit back down and pout.

 

“Buy me coffee then.” Kyungsoo told Kris.

 

“Okay, what do you want?” Kris asked calmly. He felt bad for shouting at his dongsaeng who’s done nothing but take care of him.

 

Kyungsoo smiled. “Whatever you buy me, thanks hyung.”

 

Kris nodded and headed for the door.

 

The other five shouted out in chorus asking Kris to buy something for them as well.

 

Kris turned around and covered his ears pulling off his world-famous face. The boys shut up in a second thinking Kris was burning mad. All of them avoided eye contact with the six-feet-tall rage monster.

 

Kris let down his hands and broke the silence, “One    by     one,” He said without a trace of any expression.

 

The boys’ faces were lined with smiles in an instant.

 

Chanyeol started, “I thought you were mad, god you’re scary.”

 

“Americano for me hyung, ‘cos I’m a man.” Baekhyun called out.

 

“Anything for me, as long as it’s sweet.” Sehun followed.

 

“A choco-chip for me, Kris.” Suho added.

 

“Caramel mint for me hyu-“

 

“No coffee for you.” Kris cut Kai off.

 

“Wae?” Kai asked prolonging the word exaggeratedly.

 

“You messed up my alarm. No coffee for you.” Kris pointed at the pouting boy.

 

Kai folded his arms across his chest. Sehun laughed.

 

“Chanyeol-ah?” Kris looked towards the tallest person sitting around the table.

 

“Macchiato.” Chanyeol smiled.

 

“There are lots of macchiatos, Dobi, be more specific.” Kris rolled his eyes.

 

Baekhyun laughed. “Ultimately fails in trying to be cool.” He whispered at Sehun who laughed quietly along with his hyung.

 

“I thought you knew my favourite macchiato?” Chanyeol pouted.

 

“Choco fudge?” Kris sighed.

 

“Yay, he remembers!” Chanyeol’s face brightened up in a second.

 

Kris nodded as a sign that he’s headed off. He turned around to see Lena in that zesty hat and furrowed his eyebrows.

 

You’re gonna wear that outside?” He asked.

 

What? I wanna cover my face in case a fan takes pictures of you guys. No one knows I’m a friend of Amber’s and I kinda wanna keep it that way.” Lena answered innocently.

 

That’s a dead giveaway.” He laughed. “It’s brighter than a lighthouse, fans would come running to us in no time. You’re like a bright orange sign saying ‘I’ve found Waldo!’” He said sarcastically.

 

Amber laughed along with the tall guy.

 

Fine,” Lena took the beanie off and threw it to her bag.

 

Kris laughed and poked Lena’s cheek. He walked to the boys chatting at the table and asked something.

 

Lena saw Sehun raise his hand and said something to Kris. The man standing up nodded and Sehun walked off into the dressing room. A few moments passed and he went out with a red ball of cloth in his hand which he then handed to Kris.

 

The latter turned and walked to the girls and grabbed Lena’s hand. The cloth unfolded in front of her and it turned out to be a beanie just like hers.

 

Put that on and let’s go,” Kris said pushing Lena and Amber out the door.

 

Lena reached above her head to take a last look at the one who owned the hat. She saw Sehun flash a little smile at her with those sweet crescent eyes and waved her goodbye. She wanted to return him a wave as well but she was too late, Kris closed the door.

 

Lena tied her hair in a messy bun and slid the red beanie on. In just a few moments, all three of them were walking in a fast pace through a different door behind the building.

 

Why aren’t we going through there?” Lena pointed at the glass door she went through earlier that morning.

 

Don’t look back,” Amber whispered and turned Lena’s head around.