01.

Engraved in Memory

Closing your apartment door, your lips curved into a tiny smile as you took light steps toward the kitchen. The smell of foods covering the whole apartment is definitely a great way to welcome you after a long tired day. Giving lessons and take care of kids are undoubtedly not an easy task to do especially if you have to do it five days in a week but being a kid-person you are, this is a perfect job. To see the kids smiling freely and surrounded you by their innocent questions, it made your day. 

You heard a humming sound soon after you arrived at the kitchen. Seeing your bestfriend too immerse stirring the soup, you decided to give her a little surpise. Tip-toe-ing your feet until you've reached behind her, you silently did countdown for yourself.

3...2...1

"Boo!!

"YA!!!" Yoori screamed her heart out as she dropped the spoon she's holding before.

You took a step back with both of your palms on your chest unconciously. Your plan has just backfired you.

"! I'm suppose to be the one who scared you but I'm even more surprise because of your screaming!"

"Then YOU should NOT do it in the first place!" Yoori gave you deathly starre before quickly picked up the spoon and checked on the soup.

"What if I spill the soup?" 

"You know I'm just kidding" you playfully hugged her from behind with force.

"Get off from me oh my God. Your Daehyun will be jealous on the first place" Yoori held your hand which circling her waist, trying to release it.

Upon hearing your boyfriend's name mentioned, you quickly release the grip and walked to the wall calendat nearby. You can't help but to smile bringing back the conversation you had yesterday.

 

- Yesterday -

Your head rested on his lap as Daehyun played with few strains of your hair while he kept his eyes on the television. Tonight Daehyun took off early from his office since he had no project left and he decided to take a visit to your apartment. Yoori had left a message telling you she will come late because she has extra jobs to do in her office. Of course you wouldn't miss the cursing words she put in between her message. Scolding her own boss for making her spent more than 10hours at office.It may sounds mean but you actually thank her boss because you could spend a night with Daehyun. Alone.

Being a successful business man at early 20s is not a common case and Daehyun is one of the rare case. His intellegence and his hard-working side make him now a branch-manager in one of Korean big company. You, as his girlfriend, couldn't be less proud though it means he will mostly spend his day at works and you can't see him that often.

"Don't stare at me like that. I can't concentrate on the tv show you know" Daehyun's word broke the silence.

"But I know you like it" you giggled.

Daehyun turned his face away from the screen and landed his eyes on your face as he smiled in defeat.

"You know me" 

You felt the butterlies flying in your stomach as you saw his face coming closer to yours. Seconds later, his soft lips have landed on yours. No force included. It's just pure a gentle kiss which always reminds you how the first time both of you kissed with fireworks beautifully sparked in the sky on New Year's Eve. Yet those fireworks feeling never gone everytime both of you kiss. The gentle nor the rough one.

He pulled away as you opened your eyes.

"You remember what day is the day after tomorrow?" you sat up only to be pulled by Daehyun to his embrace, letting you to listen his heartbeat which sounds like a beautiful melody in your ear.

"Umm... Saturday?"

"Jung Daehyun!" you playfully slapped him on his chest.

"Hey, hey stop there. Being violent is not lady-like" Daehyun chuckled while holding your hands to stop hitting him.

"Then what is "lady-like" to you?" you raised your eyebrows after you pulled aways from his arms to take a better view of his face.

"It means... wearing the white dress that her boyfriend has bought her for this Saturday night so both of them could celebrate their 3rd anniversary in a restaurant that his boyfriend has reserved" Daehyun said as he took out a small shopping bag beside the counch that went unnoticed by you until now.

You were speechless. He never failed to make you fall for him deeper wiith his little surprises. Sure both of you had little fight couple times before but both of you could handle it nicely. Daehyun mostly will apologize first and showered you with presents.

You slowly took the shopping bag and took a peek inside. As predicted, it's a white dress.

Seeing you too startled and didn't even give him a response, Daehyun let out giggles.

"You're welcome"

You finally slowly gained your soul back and stared at him with gentle eyes.

"You really don't have to-"

"But I want to!"

You did nothing but hug him tightly.

"I love you I love you I love you!" you repeatedly say which again, made Daehyun laugh.

"So, after getting the correct answer, where's my cheesecake!" 

You pull away from him and stared in disbelief.

"You just had it when you came here!"

"It was one hour ago!"

"Sometimes I wonder If you love cheesecake more than me!" 

With those words, the laughter filled the living room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sleepless-night: First Chapter! Hope you guys like it :)