oo1

The Bystander

 



chapter oo1

{LIttle miss concerned}

It's funny. Everyone goes through the basic things in their life without much care about their surroundings unless it piques their interests. It's funny how we all seem to go through that one time where we feel like we've hit rock bottom, the lowest of the low, the deepest depths of hell where lo and behold; all the horrid and treacherous things happen. That spot were we feel like there's no one left in the world to notice or care for us. It's funny, because that's as true as saying the earth is flat. Didn't take note of the sarcasm? Probably not but you will soon find out why it seems so...

Seokyung's fine eyebrows scrunched together; her face twisted with emotions she wouldn't be able to decipher for those who may have seen her expression as she slept. Her exposed skin, ranging from her forehead down to the collar of her shirt, glistened with a light sheen of sweat as she continued to mumble in her slumbered state; her hands altering from slackened states to strained, clenching fists letting on to how frustrated she must be. "That son of a mother..."

She sat there with her clenched fists anchored to the coffee table she was dining at trying to control herself in public. What managed to tick her off so much? It was the scene that was slowly unfolding before her eyes. That cliqued scene that had been so overused and exposed that Seokyung could almost predict every single line that one could possibly use. Her brown eyes, framed by dark lashes that exceeded the average Korean's in both length and thickness slightly, burnt holes into the back of the guy's head. His posture was slouched without any concern about the turn of events, his girlfriend had been late so he decided to have a not so subtle conversation with his 'homie' through the phone.

"Dude, she's not even here yet, can't I just leave her a text? This is so troublesome I swear." He droned into the receiver causing her to role her eyes in disgust. Pathetic. She thought. To want to break up with your girl of 7 months through a measly text was beyond inconsiderate and deserved a kick to the balls and perhaps a dip in a pool in pepper stray. Seokyung continued to curse at the girl inwardly to herself as she took a sip out of her mocha. She wanted to leave, in fact she was just about to reach for her personal possessions until she that familiar a soft sweet voice invaded her ears. Seohyung's eyes darted around to locate the owner of such a voice, feeling her heart sink down to the pits of her guts as she quickly discovered who she was. Oh no. Yeojin-ah, leave before you regret it…

Yeojin's smile was so radiant, it basically lit the rest of her facial features up, causing the uneasiness continue to blossom into such a sickly feeling that continued to eat away at Seo's heart. Dropping her head, she shut her eyes, waiting for the words to leave his horrid lips not even caring if he had the most beautiful smile that left you staggering for your next breath. It didn't matter if he had the most lovely eyes that spread in a manner that formed a dazzling eyesmile, with the faint lines of wrinkles fanning out at the corners of his eyes; and indication of how much he had laughed in his life. It didn't even matter, if he had a high nose that was carved by the messengers of god themselves. All of it didn't matter as Seokyung heard the girl's voice ring with overlapping tones of concern, concern for her soon to be ex-boyfriend. Pressing her fingers over her eyes, she tried to calm the throb that continued to bug her.

"It's over, leave me alone after I get up from this seat." He abruptly cut in with Yeojin's constant blabber about how important it was to stay healthy. Mother of- he did not just say that to her. Seokyung hissed, her fingers curved to mimic the claws of a feline ready to pounce on a non-expectant prey in the savannah. Yeojin's bright expression began to crumble away as the words settled in her mind. With quivering lips and trembling fingers she tried to reach out for him only to have him swat her hands away as he stood up; striding out of the place leaving a afflicted girl standing there on her spot. Her eyes had lost it's shine, they were unseeing and completely lost as she stared ahead trying to find solid footing in her mind, falling into the soft cushion of the stall.

Gulping, Seokyung slowly reached out for her phone, typing away at the touchscreen of her samsung, sending texts to her friend whilst trying to hid her presence by sinking further down her seat.

[text: Yeolly] Sent at 1:23:05pm: Yeolly~ How are you today? I heard you were going out today.

[text: Yeolly] Sent at 1:23:34pm: Such a shame too, I wanted to spend some girl time with you ya know?

Glancing up from her phone, she watched with pursed lips as the said girl dabbed at her eyes with her thumbs, reaching into her handbag with a sniffle. Seokyung flinched in her spot, almost dropping her phone shocked out of her bearings as the intrusive sound of an object coming into harsh contact with the floor barged into her eardrums. Her frantic eyes searched for the source only to bite down on the inside of her bottom lip, realizing it was from non other than--

Seokyung shot up from her bed, the material of her camisole stuck to her sweaty back as she wheezed for air. Pressing a hand to her forehead, her trembling fingers brushed her matted hair away from her forehead. "God, it seems like just yesterday--"

It's funny how no one warned of the side affects of caring for someone so much. Friendship never did come with an instruction manual that warned one of the consequences. Concerns grow heavier. Problems leak into the dreamland where you flee for escape. Can you do anything about it? No. Besides, aren't we all bystanders?

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● 

 

 



author's whisper box

notes on the chapter
Ok so I had most of this chapter typed out months ago but I was never really bothered with it since I still had school to focus on. Even though I didn't-- Rping on tumblr was just too irrestisable you feel me? Heh. Well anyways. Here's the first chapter. I hope you guys like it-- trying something somewhat new ish?
Forgive me for any typos though. 
Comments and subscriptions are motivational (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧