Saranghaeyo

Just the way you are

 

"You're a nerd, stay away from him" 

"You dont deserve being close with him. Look at yourself in the mirror"

"Why you ?!"

"You're so ugly"

"Oh please. It's unbelievable"

Those are the words that you always hear from your schoolmates. Why ?

You. You're a nerd yet your bestfriend is Kim Jongin, the school heartthrob.

Kim Jongin is your one and only friend.

Nobody wants to be your friend. 

They will talk to you if they want to ask about Kim Jongin.

They will talk to you only if they need something.

It but youre too kind to ignore them.

Kim Jongin, being your one and only friend, he is always there whenever you need him.

You can always cry on him.

You can always confide on him.

He is always there.

Because of his kind heart, you fell for him.

Because of his help, you fell for him.

But you know that in the end, you'll get hurt.

He wont love you.

He deserves someone better.

You're too ugly for him.

You're just a friend for him.

 

//

 

You woke up as early as you could. Today is your birthday. You cant wait to see Jongin again. So you prepared as fast as you can. This is a very special day for you although you will spend it with your family and with Jongin only. 

 

You're done fixing yourself. You're ready to go to school. You got out of your room and your parents and sibling greeted you.

 

You felt your cellphone vibrating. You looked at it and you saw that Kai texted you. A bright smile quickly formed in your face.

 

"'~~~' (( your name )) I wouldnt be able to go to school today, Im so sorry. Im sick. Visit me later after school, please ? :)"

 

The smile quickly faded when you read it. A worried face quickly replaced it. You cant stop worrying for him.

 

Stop yourself. You cant visit him now. You need to attend classes. You reminded yourself as youre walking to your school.

 

When you reached your classroom, its just like what usually happens, like today isnt your day. No one knows, and if they know, they wont greet you. You felt sad. Jongin isnt here and worse, he is sick. You started to worry again. 

 

The whole class hours, you werent listening. You're thinking about Jongin. You tried texting him but he didnt reply. 

 

*DISMISSAL*

 

Finally, its dismissal. You can visit Jongin. You tried walking as fast as you can and finally, you reached his house. 

 

*knock knock*

 

Mrs Kim opened the door for you. Well, she knows you. You always go here. You bowed politely and heade to Jongin's room.

 

You knocked again and you heard that the door was unlocked and heard him say "open".

 

You opened the door and you saw him holding a cake .

 

He started singing "saengil chukhahamnida ~".

 

You cant stop yourself from crying.

 

"I thought you're sick ?!" You asked him as soon as he finished the song.

"Nah, just wanted to surprise you" He smiled

"Btw, I got one more gift." He opened a box and you saw a necklace. He went to your back and wore it on you. Then you felt his hug. 

"T-thank you for everything" You held his arms

"Happy Birthday" he whispered

"Thanks again" you giggled

"Saranghaeyo" Your eyes widened when you heard it. The time of your world stopped. Your heart skipped a beat. 

"I knew it. It's just me. Please dont avoid me after this. Just forget this happened." He turned you around, making you face him. And now, you can see his sad face.

"Since when ?" You asked him

"Right when we got close. You have that something that caught me." His face is still sad.

"This is the best gift ever, do you know that ?" You smiled at him. 

"You're not mad ?" Jongin slightly shooked his head

"Of course not. Who would get mad at the person they love when he confessed ? No one . Duh" You smiled again. He hugged you again, really tight.

 

Your parents approved your relationship with Jongin. His parents approved too. 

 

Now, you dont care about other people. It's just you and Jongin. No one else.