1

m or f?

"Yeah, I agree." Nicole says, finishing her sandwich.

I raise an eyebrow, "Agree with what? I said I have a history exam next period."

"Oh, you did?" She furrows her brows, as if she totally thought I said something else.

She'd been spacing out during our entire conversation and I wanted an explanation. Just as I thought this, she glanced over my shoulder and I notice she'd been doing this a lot lately during lunch.

I swiveled around and scanned the crowd.

"What the hell is so interesting behind me?" I thought out loud, so she heard.

"So, tell me more about that history exam..." She says.

"Changing the subject?" I question.

That's when I saw him, Choi Minho.

Then I knew what was going down.

"Choi Minho?" I ask.

When her eyes grew a bit wider, I knew I was right.

"You have a thing for Minho." I stated.

"No way!" She said defensively, but it's not the easiest thing to hide from your brain twin.

On the first day of school, she was the first person to interact with me.
She was also the only one I really clicked with - as was I to her - so we clung to each other and haven't let go.
We were totally separated at birth.

"Admit it." I say, smirking.

"Okay, so he's attractive." Nicole says, chugging down her water.

"You never think anyone's attractive!" I yell, hitting her arm.
"There's definitely something else going on there." I say, glancing back over at Minho.

"Sure, if it helps you sleep at night." She admits, crossing her arms in defeat.

"Oh, like hell it will." I tell her.
"You know what will help me sleep at night though?" I ask, grinning.

She fiddles nervously with her bracelet because she knows what I'm going to say.

"You. Going over there. And talking to him." I say.

"No way." She replies, groaning.
"Besides, here comes your boyfriend." She says.

"Hey you guys!" Chimed a voice, and I didn't have to look to know who it was.

Taemin.

"So, Kibum, there's this GSA meeting later and it'd be really great if you could-" He began.

But I shut him down, "Me and Nicole have plans, maybe next time." I say.

Taemin started the Gay-Straight Alliance at school and ever since he found out I was gay, he'd been begging me to come; something about too many girls or something.

"Of course you do." He says, letting out a sigh.
"Well, maybe next time, like you said." Taemin finished, and walked away.

"Maybe you should at least try going?" Nicole pressed.

"No, shut up. Now, where was I? Oh yeah, if you're not going to talk to him then at least do one little thing for me." I tell her.

"What?" She asks, eyebrows raised.

"Write me a list of 5 things you like about him, and if you can't come up with that many, it should tell you something." I say.

"Fine." She says, standing up as the bell rings.

-

I smile when I notice Nicole enter the classroom, and as if reading my mind, she slips a neatly folded piece of paper on my desk. I read the front, it says: "For my bossy lovely friend Kibum." I laugh out loud and unfold it:

1. He's cute, as I've said. Actually, she said he was attractive, but I keep reading.
2. He's totally into those good causes and helping out. Hm, cute. I think.
3. He's a vegetarian, and that shows he loves animals. Yeah, Nicole was major obsessed with cute furry things.
4. Even though he's popular, he's not egotistical in the least. That's good.
5. You approve of him. That doesn't even matter, I think. But at least she wrote the list.

I scribble something on the bottom, and pass it to her when the teacher's back is turned.

She opens it up and reads:
"I'm coming over later so we can devise a plan to get you 2 together "