Sweet Dreams

A Night of Never Ending Surprise

 

How did I get here? When did I get here? Where is here?!? This was all I could think as I made my way down a little yellow path. It was a very beautiful place the grass was a very deep green, the path had little red flowers lining it and in the distance I could see a little white picket fence. I was in a knee high creamy yellow dress with a lilac bow on the back, my hair was still dyed blue; the style of my hair originally was short around the sides and back with a long part on top that would fall to my left shoulder, the sides and base of the long part was a normal blue yet the long part was a much lighter blue, the long part of my hair was done up in a five pedaled flower and because of the colors in my hair the pedals had to colors in them. My shoes where wedge heeled opened toed, strap shoes. The heel was to same color as the main parts of my dress while the straps where the same color as the bow. As I got to the fence I saw someone very familiar. Yet not one person was talking as I opened the fence and sat down at the table.

“Oh why hello there Amber, I’m glad to see you could make it to my tea party.” The host said to me. He looked so familiar yet I just couldn’t put a figure on it. “Mind you I’m sorry to tell you that you cannot stay with us for long. For there is a friend you must meet up with. So I think one cup would do. Might I add that you look stunning?” he said as he handed me a cup of tea.

“I’m sorry to interrupt this party but she must be leaving with me now…” a voice said from the black forest just in front of me. “Do not be afraid my friend for I will always protect you. Even on the darkest days I will be here just out of reach, yet close enough to share the warmth. I will protect you even when you may never see me.” The voice said to me as the host of the party took my hand and lead me to the forest. He said nothing as he watched me walk and get engulfed by the dark forest. Once in the forest I was not able to see anything in front of me. It was so dark that I was not even able to see my nose. Something soft soon touched my leg and made me move farther inwards to wherever I needed to be. Soon, what felt like a soft snake, began wrapping itself around my waist to scared to remove it I let it guide me along the path. I soon saw a light and the snake let me go. I began to run as fast as I could towards this light. Beside me I heard the sound of giant paws running beside me. Scared it was a wolf I ran fast and faster until I found my way to the light. Once free from the dark forest I was blinded by the light of the most beautiful field I could ever see. I turned around to see that the dark forest had gone and that it was replaced by a lush green forest. I turned and began to walk forwards into the field only to feel my hand rise above my hip and fall back to just beside it on the softest thing I had ever felt. I looked down at my hand to see it resting on a giant cat, not a tiger or lion, a giant house cat. I looked at it closely and soon it looked at me with eyes so familiar. “Yes it is me. It is me your cat your beloved cat. I was the one who brought you to this place. For this is the only place you will listen to me. I do not have much longer for the sun will soon rise and you will wake. I need to tell you something very important that you must listen to and be willing to hear. I need you to trust me more than you ever have before…” I stared at him is shock  I didn’t understand how I was able to understand him at all since his mouth was not moving and he just looked at me. He walked in front of me and sat down looking very seriously at me. Yet before he was able to speak I spoke the first question that came to my head.

“How long have you been able to talk?” the question was stupid and I knew I wasted time for him to tell me what he needed as he began to fade… he looked at me sadly and I knew he was thinking that there would never be another chance like this to tell me what he needed to say. Yet he still answered…

“I have always been able to talk… it is just a matter of whether you are willing to listen…” he said as he finally faded away into nothing but a memory. Soon the rest of the dream began to fade as morning approached. I will never know what it was he needed to tell me. And he will never get another chance to tell me. I was slowly being engulfed by the blackness of waking up with his final words still ringing clearly in my ears… the last words I would never understand and that I will try my hardest to listen to…