Meeting You

The Unknown

       I'm striding through a crowd with music blasting through my ears, looking at the unfamiliar faces that pass by me. The sounds of the shrieking train that is about to stop alerts me to dash through the front of the sliding doors. The train stops and opens its doors. Infront of me, people push through me and at my back, I'm being dragged by their bags and shoulders. At my surprise, I'm in the train. I searched for a vacant seat and I spot one, but next to that seat is a man. Probably about in he's late early 30's or late 20's. Stubbles down his chin and eyes that seems to lack sleep. He had a haggard look with his frayed denim jacket and worn out khaki pants. Random thoughts come into my head. e, killer, ert.... Yes, I judge people on how they look but it's more of a precaution. I just stood there in between the crowd instead. I didn't bother to hook my hands onto the coupling or whatever you call it, since the crowd was too jampacked which gave me the benefit that I woudn't stumble when the train turned. I look outside and see how buildings dash and the vast blue sky that is never ending through the blue tinted window. I could smell the hint of laundry soap from the suit of a business man with waxed hair parallel to me. Having the urge to change the music since an upbeat song wouldn't fit the scenery, I changed the music to a more mellow song. My mind drifted into a melancholic semblance. The floor suddenly sways to a stop and I'm suddenly being pushed once again by the crowd. I clutched unto my bag and squeezed through the crowd. I briskly walked onto the escalator and out of the station I go. I walk down the pavements silently humming the tune of again and again by Yozoh. I feel the morning breeze brush against my cheek and through my hair. I always loved when It's the transition of winter to spring. The creep of life after a long hard winter gives off a jubilant feeling. I cherish these kinds of feelings, even if they're shallow, they make me feel like I'm renewed. I looked above the glistening roofs and windows and see the sun lurk in the east
And then:
"Minah!!" A familiar voice, I took out my earphones and placed it inside my pockets ... Oh It's Hyeri. Hyper as always.
" Hyeri! Long time no see" I say with a high-pitched voice.
" Jesus. Minah, I almost didn't recognize you but then I saw your same old key chain dangling on your bag" She said.
She scanned me from head to toe with frantic eyes.
" You've lost so much weight, your hair seems more healthier and I can see that your face became more egg-shaped." She said with much sincerity.
I didn't know if that was a compliment but hearing that my face became egg-shaped, I thought it was.
" Euh, Thanks" I said.
" I don't know what to say, but you've become prettier.'
...
"I'm not a lesbian" she added with a laugh.
" Ofcourse you're not, you're so boy crazy, but thanks" I say with smile.

         During the spring break I stopped eating rice and replaced them with vegetables or just added a greater amount of side dishes in my meal. I did a couple of aerobic excercises on the bed while listening to What's your name by 4minute. I've been constantly combing my hair and incorporating argan oil three times a week. I've also bought skincare products from HolikaHolika and EtudeHouse. Most likely, the biggest factor that helped me look like this is my puberty. Thanks to my parents. The determination and the motivation that made me loose this much weight is all Kris' doing. I liked him for 5 years and since it's the last year in high school, i want him to notice me.


Thinking that I too should compliment back noticing that she changed her hairstyle- I said:
" I like your new hair, I think those natural curls really suit you. It makes you look mature yet more approachable"
" Oh really? Hehehe, I knew I would prettier" She said with sarcastic pride
" Hahahaha, Yeah yeah " I said.
We crossed to the other side of road and walk down familiar streets while catching up with whatever is happening with each other's lives. We talk about how this will be our last year in Highschool and what college we plan to go to. Everytime I talk about these things.. these future plans, my heart aches. I feel like something is etching inside of me. Finally, we're infront of the gates. We walk up the ramp where we usually walk and I noticed that they did some minor changes, renovations to our school.
" -sigh- Our last year in Keisung Highschool" She says with sad eyes.
" Well, let's make most of the time we've got left" I said with a eye smile
but inside I too feel the same way. That these highschool days will surely end soon- leaving behind my childhood, burying them and becoming into and adult. I'm afraid, afraid to see the world, afraid to leave behind my childish beliefs. I'm not ready to be an adult, I still want more time.. more time to enjoy what I cannot enjoy anymore when I become an adult.

We walk pass through the sleek double doors and the sounds of chatters rush through my ear. I can see familiar faces, smell familiar scents. Oh, I don't know why but I miss the halls of Keisung Highschool. Hyeri and I walk towards the white board, looking where our assigned classrooms will be. As I was walking, a figure suddenly passed through me...Oh a guy. I can tell he was tall since his shoulder was just above my head. My forhead bumped into his upper arm.
" Oh, Ah' Sorry My bad" I said with a slight bow.
" Ah. No it's okay. I'm sorry too" He said with such low confidence and a hint of embarassment.
I looked up and I couldn't decipher his face. His hair was all over his face and he was hunching back. His eyes... whispering lonely
And then:
"MINAH! We're in the same class!" Hyeri shrieked.
"Really?!" I hopped with joy. We must've look like idiots. Hahaha.
" Oh Hyeri, do you know that tall guy over there? slouching and all." I said gesturing to him using the corner of my lip.
" Ah.. That's Sehun." She said.
" Who's he? First year?"
" Huh. No, He's in our batch. He's a freakin' fourth year" she said sharply.
" What? I didn't even know he existed. "
" You're so slow, it's been three years and you don't know everyone yet" She said with a laugh at the end.
I looked him at the end of the hall while he passed through the crowd. I wondered why he slouched his back and why his hair all over his face. His eyes still engraved in my mind. I felt a sudden flow of interest. Interest to know why he's like that.
We both walked to our classroom in excitement, ready to see our classmates.
My eyes scanned the room with much inquisitivity. The linen curtains swaying with the wind. Sounds of random prattle fill the room. Books stacked in the shelves at the edge of the room tainted with sunlight. Guys making a fuss about who's taller than who. Girls being girls- talking about make up, boys and whatnot.
" Morning Minah, Hyeri" Myungsoo greeted.
" Hey " I said bluntly with a smirk while Hyeri squeeks a laugh.
" You're the same as always, Bitc*" He counters back.
Everybody in the class starts laughing in unison.
I curse with the people I'm close with. It's my way of affection. I met Myungsoo when we were freshmen. We were classmates at that time. It was quite weird how we met. He didn't bring his lunch or wallet and was quite hungry during lunch. He kept staring at my lunchbox. I noticed he didn't have food on top of his table and I just casually handed him my yougurt without a word. After that, we started talking.
I checked the seating assignments and scooted over to my seat. I placed my bag ontop of my seat. I see Hyeri seating across the room. I make a huge frown telling her that I'm unhappy about the seating plan. I slide onto my seat wondering who are my seatmates. I look at my right while combing my hair with my hand. And there he is... Sehun, looking through the window. He catches me looking at him and he doesn't respond. He reverts back- looking at the blue sky painted all over the top of the window. I tried to thoroughly read what's going on through his head but I get nothing.
" God. I'm sitting behind you" Myungsoo suddenly interrupts while putting his bag on top of the table behind me.
" JESUS. I'm gunna sit with an " I pout
"By the way, you look different. Did you loose money and starve?" Myungsoo laughing hysterically.
"No. I went on a diet." I say defensively
" DIET? You didn't have to. You're ALWAYS going to be fat" He says.
"You really are an " I say putting my tongue out.
Myungsoo ruffles my hair into a mess, making it look like a bird's nest and I slap his hand away.
For a second I turn my eyes onto Sehun. He's fiddling with his pencil case. I really wonder what it is going through his mind. I wondered why his eyes were like that- Lonely.

I never knew that this curiousity of mine will lead into something.
It may lead into something great or something destructive. I'm afraid but I want to know. The unknown is so chaotic- yet so riveting and captivating.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                     End of Chapter 1

Okay. I guess there isn't much development from here.. YET. Don't worry. I'm actually planning the development of the relationships to be gradual to give it more of a realistic feel. Sadly, I can tell you guys that they won't suddenly have babies and have a wedding in the next chapter. If you were expecting that too bad. Hahaha.

My First Fic. Please do bear with me :(