Accidents Happen for a Reason [One Shot]

Accidents Happen for a Reason

                   

 

 

 

 

“Hey, is that Hikaru-kun from Hey! Say! JUMP?”

“It’s gotta be him!”

“No way! Why is he crossdressing?”

“There must be a camera somewhere!”

 

Tomomi could hear these whispers from the people around her. Hikaru here, Hikaru there! She was getting of sick hearing same statements over and over again. She never met this ‘HIKARU’ they kept talking about.

            She removed her shades that revealed her tantalizing eyes; she forgot that she was in a mall, shopping for clothes.

 

“Kyaaa! It’s AKB48’s Tomomi!” She heard a shout from a distance, and then everyone was looking at her. She panicked and walked away but not her usual pace, this time she was doing the run-walk thing without even looking where she was heading. Fans we’re following her “Tsk, Why did I remove my shades” she mumbled as she hurriedly escape the crowd of fans. While escaping she bumped into someone, he was wearing a cap and a mask, and at his back another crowd of girls we’re following him “Yaotome-san!” the girls screamed.

 

            Hikaru noticed the crowd of people that’s following the girl he just bumped into. “This girl must be pretty famous, judging from the crowd that followed her” he thought, so he helped her by dragging her with him and hid at the mall’s locker room where the workers put their things. Tomomi was surprised since she doesn’t even know the man.

 

“Thanks” she uttered shyly

 

“No Problem, You’re being followed right? We’re on the same boat so I know how you feel. By the way, my name is Yaotome Hikaru” he said energetically then removed the mask he was wearing.

 

Tomomi was surprised, “Hikaru?” she said “Hey! Say! JUMP’s Hikaru?” she added.

 

“Yes, you know me?” He asked excitedly

 

“No, I’m Itano Tomomi by the way. They say I look like you, some fan of yours asks me If I’m ‘Hikaru’ from Hey! Say! JUMP. It’s my first time seeing you” she answered

 

“So, you’re Itano Tomomi. From AKB48? haha, same here, people say I look like you”

 

“Really? So it isn’t just me, thank Goodness” she sighed with relief. Hikaru was about to say something when he heard fans outside the locker room.

 

“I think it’s about time we should get going before this’ll turn into a dangerous scandal” he jokingly said

 

“I think you’re right, but how?” she asked.

 

Hikaru saw bags of unused janitor uniform “I think I have an idea” walking towards the direction where the uniforms were placed. Tomomi got Hikaru’s idea right away.

 

            They changed their clothes. There was a comfort room inside the locker room so they did it alternately. Then went out, pretending to be janitors bringing with them a pail of water and a mop. Their faces were covered with the cap they were wearing. Luckily no one recognized as the two of them passed each and every fan that was looking for them. They then headed into a safe distance, away from those swarm of fans. Tomomi felt really happy since she had no idea how to disappear from that great crowd of fans. She felt like a damsel in a distress that was saved by her ‘Knight-in-a-Shining-Armour’.

 

“Yaotome-san thank you so much, you really helped today” thanking Hikaru then did a slight graceful bow

 

“It’s alright, I’m actually a little bit happy since I get to see the Itano Tomomi from AKB48. Just call me when you need me. Ah, by the way can I get your number?” he said with a smile on his face. Actually, he was stunned by the way Tomomi bowed. Usually he doesn’t care about the bows, ‘it’s the thought that counts’ as he say but this time he felt as if he was staring at a royalty.

 

“Sure” Tomomi answered. They exchanged number then went to their own way.

 

On the way home, Hikaru’s manager called him saying he wanted to meet him. Upon meeting his manager, he told Hikaru that he has an acting project offer and it’s going to be a romantic drama. Without any hesitation, Hikaru accepted the offer. He was overjoyed since he wanted to have an acting project. His heart was filled with happiness and it made him text Tomomi, his hand acted on its own as if it had its own mind. 

 

Subject: Hi!

 

To: Itano Tomomi

 

Message:

 

Itano-san, I’m going to act in a drama. ☺☺

I just wanted to tell you.

Take Care! ☺☺☺
--------------


before he knew it, he already pressed the send button and it was too late to press the cancel button. He read the message that was in the Sent Messages part of his phone and felt embarrassed by the message he sent. That was his first message to her and it sounded as if he already knew her for a long time already, in fact they just met this morning. His face was all red and his manager noticed this, his manager asked him if he was alright but he did not reply since his mind was floating somewhere only he knew. His manager asked him again now he’s back to reality and he told him that he was alright. His manager instructed him that he’s going to have a meeting with the director and the whole cast the day after tomorrow and he agreed.

 

            On the other hand, Tomomi just accepted her role in a drama when a message arrived. She opened her cellphone and was surprised to see a message from Yaotome Hikaru. She immediately read the message. Her heart skipped a beat when she read the message from Hikaru specially the ‘take care!’ part. Without any hesitations she replied

 

Subject: [Re] Hi!

 

To: Yaotome Hikaru

 

Message:

 

Really? That’s great! ☺☺

I’m also having a drama.

I wish it we will have a drama together soon. ☺☺☺

----------

 

She then pressed the send button. Both of them exchanged more mails after that.

 

            Meanwhile while Hikaru was having a shoot together with Ryosuke and Yuri the two noticed that Hikaru was checking his cellphone more often than the usual. They found this odd so they asked Hikaru,

 

“Hika-chan, you seem really anxious about your phone, did something happen?” asked Yuri curiously

 

“eeeeh?! Really, I think it’s kinda same with before” he answered without looking at Yuri’s eyes which the two found a little bit odd

 

“You’re looking away! Haha, you must be hiding something” teased Ryosuke

 

He then remembered his new drama “Ah! It’s because I’m having a new drama” he said defensively to change the topic. Though the drama obviously had nothing to do with his texting, it worked with Yuri and Ryosuke.

 

“Really??! Congratulations Hika-chan!” Yuri exclaimed

 

“I’m really happy for you Hika-chan, what kind of drama is it?” Ryosuke asked

 

“I don’t really know about the details though since we’re going to meet the day after tomorrow and we’ll talk about the details there. I heard it’s going to be a Romantic Drama”

 

“Isn’t that great!” said Yuri

 

They then continued their shooting. Days passed and it was time for the cast to meet. Upon arrival, Hikaru saw a really familiar figure. He walked towards the figure’s direction and voila! He saw Tomomi wearing a white shirt with black cardigan paired with skinny jeans.

 

“Itano-san, what are you doing in here?” He excitedly asked

 

“I’m here to meet the director and the cast of the drama which I am acting, how about you?” she answered with sparkles in her eyes saying she’s really happy being able to meet Hikaru once again

 

“Same here, maybe we’ll act in the same drama! That makes me so happy” he said.

           

            After that they went inside and proceeded with the meeting. Positive! They’re going to act in the same drama. Both of them felt happy since they knew each other already. Hikaru will play as Tomomi’s elder brother who fell in love with his younger sister but couldn’t confess since it would become a taboo. He suffers from depression and jealousy seeing Tomomi with other guys, so he restricts her from dating which Tomomi refused to follow. Hikaru’s name in the Drama is Imai Ruka and Tomomi’s name would be Imai Rika. They’re going to act together with Kyomoto Taiga who plays the role of Rika’s boyfriend.

 

            Afterwards the script was handed to them. Hikaru read the script, his eyes widened when he read that Tomomi will have a kissing scene with Taiga and he will be watching the two from afar but will still be seen in the screen. He felt really uncomfortable while he read the script, as though his heart was being torn, he didn’t know the reason why he felt that way but one thing is for sure, he did not like the idea of having Tomomi kiss other guys even if he was aware that it was only a script.

 

            Tomomi’s character was kind of difficult also since she will be a girl who fell in love with her kind, caring and protective brother. Rika will try to date someone in order to forget her feelings with her brother but fails to forget.

 

After the meeting they we’re instructed that the filming will start next week.

 

            When they got out of the room Hikaru was still in a foul mood and went home straight. He was in his bed when Tomomi texted, she asked whether Hikaru was feeling alright since she noticed him going home with a foul mood. Hikaru panicked for a little while, he can’t just tell her it’s all because of her future kiss scene with Taiga. He replied a little late than the usual but anyhow he replied, he said it was nothing, he was just hungry. He sighed with relief when Tomomi believed what he texted. Seriously, he didn’t understand himself anymore.

           

            First he gets nervous whenever Tomomi texts. He gets butterflies in his tummies whenever he sees her. Second, he lied to Yuri and Ryosuke in order for them not to find out about Tomomi. Usually, he is transparent with them and with other jump members, but this time it’s different. Third, whenever he sees her smile or even talk with him, it seems as if the world stopped. He buried his face on the bed, this is getting bad, it’s the first time he felt this way. This must be something different, true he dated someone before but he never felt like this before. This feeling is WAY TOO INTENSE than before.

 

            A day before the start of the filming, he had a dance practice with other Jump members. During practices he was the one who always goof around but this time he was so focused with the practice. Other members found this weird, so they tried to ask Yuri and Yamada since they had a shoot recently. Yuri told them he was acting kind of different also during their last shooting.

 

“There must be something” said Ryosuke.

 

Yuto then entered the room bringing with him a piece of paper with a face where you won’t recognize if the person in the picture is a girl or a guy.

 

“I saw this one while surfing the net, they say you will know whether the person viewing this picture has a person he likes. I think it’s somehow effective” said Yuto while blushing

 

“Then, let’s test it with Hika-chan” said Kota pointing at Hikaru who was staring blankly at his phone.

 

“Yes, let’s do that” added Daiki. Yuto, together with other members walked towards Hikaru.

 

“Yo guys, what’s wrong?” He asked

 

“Hika-chan, we have something to show you” said Yuto then showed him the picture. They we’re surprised when they saw him blushing. Hikaru immediately remembered Tomomi the moment he saw the picture.

 

“What’s with this?” he asked, stuttering looking at the picture.

 

“Guess, is this person a girl or a boy?” Yuto asked trying to stop the smile that was about to show from his face. He had the same reaction with Hikaru the first time he viewed the picture.

 

“A girl I guess” he answered “Why?” he added

 

“Nothing, they say if you react like THAT when you see this picture that means you have someone you like, judging from how you reacted, it seems like you have someone you like” Yuto said as he released a proud smile from his face. While Hikaru’s face became red from what Yuto said.

 

“That explains why he was acting weird during our last shoot. He was constantly checking his phone the last time we had a shoot. That means you’re texting with the person you like right?” Yuri asked

 

“Ehh??! Hika-chan you have someone you like?” said Kei

 

“No----I think we should continue our practice” he said trying to escape from the topic. They then continued with their practice. After the practice Hikaru headed home straight. The next day, it was the day of the Filming. He went to the filming location, and he saw Tomomi again. She was wearing a high school uniform which boosted her cuteness to the nth level.

 

“Nii-chan! How do I look?” she said teasing Hikaru

 

“You look cute” pinching Tomomi’s cheeks

 

“It hurts, nii-chan! Hahahaha, you look good as well Mr. University student” she giggled. Deep down inside her, she was having roller coaster, it was too much for her heart to take

 

            “The filming is about to start. I’m looking forward to your take of my adorable little sister” he said while smiling at Tomomi which almost melted her heart. She was attracted by Hikaru since the day he saved her from her fans. This moment for her is something special.

 

            The filming started and both of them had fun since (Tomomi) Rika’s boyfriend has not showed yet. Hikaru was like dreaming, the scenes that were filmed was the sweet scenes of the siblings. He had no trouble conveying his emotions since what he felt was the same as the older brother’s feeling. In such a short time, he fell in love with Tomomi. Tomomi is such a loveable girl. She’s adorable, kind, caring, and pretty. Everytime he was staring at Tomomi, he sees an angel in her. Hikaru treasured every second of the filming, everyday he was looking forward to their takes. But all these good feeling broke when Taiga’s scenes started to film, Hikaru’s heart were being ripped seeing Taiga confess to Tomomi as she openly accepted his feelings for her. Though he was not in filming, he was silently bleeding while watching the filming from the sides. The next scene will be him and Tomomi arguing. This scene is one of the scenes he hated, since from this scene Rika will ignore his older brother.

           

            During the breaks, Tomomi was always talking with Taiga, she talked with Hikaru but she chatted with Taiga more. Yet Hikaru felt as if Taiga was a big deal. For Tomomi it was nothing, she’s too shy to talk with Hikaru after she realized she liked him. She cannot look directly in his eyes and her heart races whenever she talks with him.

 

            The filming began, Rika shouted at his older brother Ruka to leave her life alone, hearing those words from Tomomi, Hikaru’s tears started form in his eyes but was trying really hard to hide the hurt that he felt. He knew this was just a film but it all seemed so real for him. After that scene, he could still hear Tomomi’s voice saying “leave me alone” then remembered those times when she saw Tomomi’s smile when she was with Taiga. He was in a deep slump when his phone rang. It was a phonecall from Kei.

 

“Hi Kei!” he answered but not his usual energetic voice.

 

“What’s wrong? You seem so down.” Concerned Kei asked him

 

“I don’t know what’s wrong with me. You see, in our drama the girl I like said ‘leave me alone’, I know she was just following the script. Yet I’m so affected with it. It seemed so real to me, she said that words to me with disdain”

 

“You really love her don’t you? Dude, cheer up. You said it yourself didn’t you? She was just following the script”

 

“But she’s ignoring me you see. Even with breaks, she won’t even look me in the eyes like before”

 

“Dude, just cheer up okey? Just tell me if something happens. I need to hang up now. Bye” Kei said

 

“Bye!” Hikaru then hanged up then went back to resume the filming. This time, it’s going to be the part where Taiga kisses Tomomi in front of him. The director instructed that Hikaru’s expression must be the ‘hurt’ expression.

 

“I’m really nervous” Tomomi told Hikaru. Hikaru isn’t mentally and emotionally prepared for this yet he wanted to cheer for Tomomi.

 

“It’s alright since the director said it would just be on the sides of your lips. That doesn’t count as a ‘kiss-on-lips’ right?” comforting Tomomi. Actually it was not just for Tomomi but it was also for himself. Then they started filming. Hikaru was standing at a respectable place while Tiaga leaned in to kiss Tomomi. Hikaru’s heart was ripped into pieces, he wanted to look away but he can’t or else they might repeat this painful scene again. He was really hurt, to see his beloved angel kissing Taiga. A tear then fell from his eyes. “If only I was in Taiga’s place, I would be the happiest man in the universe” he thought.

 

“Cut!” the director shouted. “It’s a wrap. That’s it for today. Hikaru, that part where you shed a tear was good! Keep it up” the director added

 

“Thank you so much” he said then bowed.

 

“Isn’t that great? He praised your acting!” Tomomi said looking at him with tantalizing eyes that mesmerized Hikaru for a second.

 

“Let me drive you home, Do not worry my car is tainted so no one can see the car’s inside” He said. In a blink of an eye all the hurt he felt went away.

 

“Sure. Let’s go” she replied. Her heart was beating so fast. She will be alone with Hikaru in a car. She couldn’t refuse Hikaru’s offer since she doesn’t want to leave a negative impact on Hikaru.

 

            On the way home both of them was silent. It was not an awkward silence but it was something different. If heartbeats could be heard, then it wouldn’t be this silent. Hikaru didn’t want the silence so he decided to turn on the car’s music. Just when he was about to turn the music on, his hands touched Tomomi’s hand. She wanted to turn the music on too and ended up being touched by Hikaru. They felt a pang of electricity from the touch of their hands.

 

“I’m sorry….I just---“ They chorused

 

Then silence filled the air.  It remained like that until Tomomi reached her destination. Before she could get out of Hikaru’s car. She felt his big warm sweaty hands clenching her small hands. She her heart was beating twice as fast as before. Hikaru? holding her hand? She’s got to be dreaming.

 

“To—Tomomi-chan” He said nervously “I really like you, can you please go out with me?” he asked while looking away. Her heart was about to explode, this was too much for her heart to take, she was extremely happy that she blurted out “Yes!” immediately.

 

Hikaru felt ecstatic, he doubted if this was reality or fantasy. He hugged her tightly whispering “I love you so much” into Tomomi’s ears with husky voice. Her heart skipped a beat, she then hugged him back tightly then replied “I love you too”.