Selfish or Selfless

Bittersweet Destiny

AN: Well since I doubt that I'll gain too many new subs for this at first try (and I can't forget how the new chapter is planned), enjoy the first chapter and please comment, and vote...or simply read on xD


A lean wolf was walking silently in the quiet forest, its fur ruffled up by the gentle wind that blew. Not only had it made the animal look a little disheveled but it had brought many scents with it as well, the most pleasant of which seemed to have a weird effect on the predator. Its ear left ear twitched slightly as it heard a quiet giggle, much softer than the birds that were chirping softly, warning the others that the wolf was there.

Yet it didn't care because the faint scent and the soft sound were enough to intrigue it, to make it want to search for the creature that was their owner. So it did, picking up its pace as it followed the trail of the sweet scent. 

Meanwhile, a tiny boy sat in the middle of a quiet clearing. He slowly plucked out a few flowers, arranging them into small bouquets as he giggled quietly when a bird flew past him. It sang a soft trill as a greeting before it flew away, soon hidden by the tall trees that surrounded the boy's favorite hiding place. He let out a soft sigh as he laid back in the grass and threw the small bunch of flowers up in the air, smiling a little when it fell right back into his outstretched hands.

Suddenly, the peace of the clearing was broken by the piercing shriek of an animal and the boy picked his head up, tiny nose right in the air as the small brown ears on top of his head flickered nervously. The next moment a tiny animal, probably a rabbit darted past the boy, too quickly for him to identify it in time. It was followed by a few other animals, a couple of deers that looked at the boy with worry in their warm brown eyes, making him sigh softly. 

"It's not like it matters anymore."He said quietly as he stood up slowly, dusting his grey clothes off. He swayed a little from side to side, a rush if colors dancing in front of his eyes making his head hurt a little yet he shrugged it off. He suddenly heard the sound of rushed footsteps, probably of an animals. He groaned inwardly as he got closed his eyes, feeling his tiny body change when suddenly he was pulled back, a pair of strong arms on his bony shoulder preventing him from shifting as they pulled him out of his concentration. 

He stiffened as he very slowly turned in the probably much bigger creature's hold, his doe-like eyes widening the moment they met the bottomless black orbs of the man that was standing in front of him. His heartbeat picked up as he tried to struggle out of the grip the other had on him even if he deep down didn't want to. For some reason, he wanted to stay in those arms, staring into those dark eyes.

He knew he couldn't though. It was too risky. So he tried to pull away once again, his ears completely fattened to his dark hair, his eyes searching for anything that could help him to escape.

"Sh, it's alright."He heard the soothing voice whisper directly into his ear and he let out the softest of whines when he felt a soft bite on one of them while the other twitched nervously. "I'm here."The stranger added, his grip loosening on the boy's shoulders. 

"That's the problem."The boy whispered even as his body slowly relaxed in the taller man's hold. "You shouldn't be here..."He added, his voice barely above a whisper as he bit into his pale lower lip, drawing a tiny bit of blood from the pressure.

"Your mind says that yet your heart is beating this fast. Your beautiful eyes are filled with hatred yet behind it unconditional love is hiding, waiting to be unleashed. Why do you want to deny it so much, my love?"The black-eyes creature asked as he gently grabbed the boy's chin, his thumb wiping away the blood that trickled down on it carefully. Even to himself, he sounded incredibly trivial yet he couldn't help it. As he gazed into the small boy's eyes that were filled with the weirdest mixture of feelings he knew that he couldn't let him leave. Even if he did, he would search for him again of course but right now, he wasn't sure if he could bear not hearing the steady but a bit quick heartbeat, those soft, sweet breaths that left the tiny figure slowly... 

"Leave me alone..."The small boy breathed out, his ears once again flattening to his hair, looking almost like they weren't even there just his hair was a little messy. "Or at least let me go..."He added, his heart-rate picking up when the man only leant closer to him.

"Why would I? Shouldn't you be as happy as I am?"He asked, his hot breath gently hitting the boy's, who just wanted to drop the act, face.

Still, he raised a trembling hand and the next moment, a clap echoed in the small clearing. Black eyes widened and filled with fury and a low growl left the man's lips as he caught the tiny hand before it could have been pulled away. 

The boy thought that he was going to die finally. "It would be a nice death."He thought, a tiny smile tugging at the end of his lips as he waited for what the other creature was going to do. "To die by his hands, to see him before finally leaving this world. Maybe he wouldn't even feel that guilty because he was angered... Or maybe he would forget it."

"Or if I told him..."The boy thought, a bitter sadness slowly seeping into his eyes and soon, the first tear rolled down his pale cheek. 

The other man's eyes widened as the clear liquid trickled down the snow colored skin. He could feel all of his fury being replaced by worry and the need to soothe the boy. He didn't wipe the tears away yet though, he just slowly pulled the boy's hand to his lips and kissed the back of it. "Please, give me a chance, love. Not only are your hurting me but you're hurting yourself as well."He practically pleaded as he caressed the boy's small hand gently.

The boy bit into his lower lip, obviously deep in thought. He could be selfish and selfless...If he was selfish, he was going to stay with him. If not, he was going to leave the moment he could... A gentle squeeze on his hand brought him back to reality as he finally had come to a decision. He finally knew what he was going to say, so he slowly parted his lips to whisper his answer.

 


AN: Weeell yeah that was one weird cliffhanger xD I know that you're probably confused but you'll understand everything in a chapter or two :D