One More Try

It's a DIARY! I was TEMPTED!

When IU found out that her oppa was in the hospital, she wasted no time to visit him. She was at the hospital the moment the doors were opened, asking around for Wooyoung's room. A few nurses wanted to snap a photo with her first, so she willingly entertained them before they led her to his room.

 

"OPPA! Are you okay?!" Her voice called out when she entered his room. She was worried. When she saw him on the bed, she quickly dropped her bag on the couch and stood by his side. Wooyoung was fully awake by then, because the doctor came in to inform that the tests would commence in about an hour. He was surprised to see IU but he still held out a hand to greet her.

 

"Sorry I couldn't visit you yesterday. I was in Japan. I rushed back the moment my concert ended last night." She was exhausted to be honest. But she kept that information to herself. No need to worry Wooyoung now. The other just nodded.

 

"Imagine my shock when I found out. Oppa, can I ask you something? You just have to nod,ok?" He nodded his head. She stared at him for a moment, thinking about how she could convey her question. It's a tricky one. He might not like it. But then she thought the best of it and decided that she might as well ask him directly. No need to beat around the bush.

 

"Oppa, are you in love with someone?"

 

Wooyoung cursed himself for being too obvious when he blushed.

 

"Ooooh....so you do." IU beamed when she saw him blush. "Who is it, Oppa? No wait, you can't answer me. Um...is it a girl?"

 

He hesitated before shaking his head. There was no point in keeping anything from her. He loves her like a sister.

 

"Ah....I see. A boy then."

 

What else could it be? An alien? He thought, amused.

 

"Does he love you too?"

 

He blushed again.

 

"You're such a dumpling, oppa.Omo, looks at those cheeks. They're turning red." She . "Well, congrats. I knew it from the beginning. Ok, not exactly at the beginning. When you first called me out, you seemed kind of....how should I put it...desperate?"

 

His eyes widened when she said this. You're having fun teasing me, aren't you?

 

"After that, at the amusement park, you looked depressed. You're smiling but your eyes are not. Am I right?"

 

He simply nodded, amazed at her observation skill. She continued, "Today, you looked like you're glowing. It's like you're pregnant." If he didn't have the oxygen mask at the moment, he would have choked. What in the world....

 

She flashed her most innocent smile...."You're waiting for him right?" He nodded again.

 

"Oh, I'm so happy for you, Oppa. Do you want me to leave before he comes?" He shook his head. "But Oppa....he might get jealous."

 

"That I might," came a familiar voice from the door. Nichkhun was leaning against the door frame, staring at the so-called milky couple. IU suddenly looked really excited. "Oh my gosh, it's you, Nichkhun-ssi? Ok, ok...I'm gonna leave now. I guess you guys need some time alone. I can defend the door, make sure no one comes in."

 

"And we'll be eternally grateful for that." Nichkhun said, flashing a grin at Wooyoung. Wooyoung just rolled his eyes.

 

"Alright. Have fun you two." IU picked up her bag and walked out, remembering to close the door behind her.

 

Nichkhun turned his attention to Wooyoung. "Funny girl. For a moment there, I thought she was flirting with you."

 

Wooyoung couldn't say anything. "Anyway, good morning, baby." He placed a kiss on Wooyoung's forehead, but looked at him with such intensity in his eyes that Wooyoung felt like melting right there and then. What happened to the old Nichkhun, who does things as he like and then pretend that nothing happened? "I bet you're wondering why I suddenly confessed to you last night."

 

Wooyoung nodded his head, anticipating this since last night. He was disappointed that Nichkhun couldn't tell him last night. But now they were here alone, staring into each other's eyes. The moment was right. Nichkhun took a seat on the bed next to Wooyoung and put the younger boy's hands into his own. He took a deep breath and then smiled. "I thought I lost you when I found out you were in the hospital. Technically I already did lost you when you decided to come back on your own. I knew what I did hurt you bad. I treated you like a bad secret, like a sin." He exhaled sharply. "And I'm sorry. At first I was confused about my feelings. I took your diary you know. Didn't you look for it?"

 

The younger boy widened his eyes. And it made Nichkhun laugh. "I'm sorry about that. It was an accident. I found it in my bag. So I took a peak. You can guess how shocked I was when I read it." He combed back a few strands of hair from Wooyoung's forehead, and continued, "I read that book every night before I sleep, to keep a small part of you next to me. I missed you. Taecyeon's calls were always about him and you were always too busy to pick up your calls. That goes the same for everyone else. When I found out that you went on a date with IU, I got so angry knowing that you dared to two-time me with someone else. I only realized that we weren't in that kind of a relatonship after I calmed down, around the time you asked about Victoria."

 

Nichkhun got up and grabbed the water bottle on the bedside table for a quick drink, before continuing, "My pride got the better of me. I always did love women, with no thoughts or whatsoever of switching to the other side. So I lied, sort of, when I said I only loved you like a brother. I did love you like a brother, but then there was something else. I wasn't sure what. Your second date with her sparked more anger in me. And then I knew that I had to kiss you that day. You were so adorable, I couldn't resist. I was shocked myself."

 

Wooyoung closed his eyes, processing everything he just heard word by word. So that's why Nichkhun was like that....

 

"Minjun woke me up. He told me I might lose you. The thought of it almost killed me. I realized then that I love you. It made me remember the last entry in your diary, that you were happy as long as I was. You were willing to let me go, but it wasn't something I could do. So I decided that I had tell you. But you went back before I could say anything. The news of you in the hospital literally tore me apart. I blamed myself for your sufferings"

 

Wooyoung shook his head, telling Nichkhun not to put that in his head. The older just his cheeks in response. "Jang Wooyoung...let me tell you this again...I love you. Let's start over one more time."

 

_________________________________

 

The worse is yet to happen.