The Day That Changed Her Life

Their Amazing Love Story

No One's P.O.V.

 

"This is it," Jamie said to herself, "I am going to Korea." She stood in the airport, a little nervous, holding her luggage in each of her hands. She had been waiting to go to Korea for a few months now. After having a tough life in the US Jamie decided to have a fresh start, and here she is, at the airport, walking to her flight.

Jamie is going to travel by herself, because her family is happy with their lives in the US. When Jamie went to say her last goodbyes everyone was supportive and wished her luck on her new life in Korea.

Jamie went to her plane seat and took deep breaths to calm herself down. Never in her entire life had Jamie been this nervous, and when the plane started moving her heart beat sped up.

'This is it,'  She though, 'There's no turning back now.'

 

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

 

By the time the plane landed Jamie was more confident then before. She got her bags from the compartment above her, and walked off the plane. After she was off the plane she walked to the exit of the airport. Each step she took gave her more excitement and curiosity towards what her new life in Korea would be like.

When she was finally out of the airport she took in a deep breath taking in the beautiful scenery. She went to the edge of the street so she could call a taxi to take her to her new home. When she got in the taxi she pulled a slip of paper with her address on it and kindly showed it to the man driving. He nodded, showing her that he knew where it was, and drove off to her new home.

The ride there was fairly short. Jamie got out of the car, got her luggage, and walked up to her apartment. She widened her eyes at the sight of her new home. It was like nothing she has ever seen before.

She took off her shoes and went in. Looking around she noticed how empty it looked, so she grabbed her bags and started unpacking until the apartment looked just the way she wanted it to look.

"Well, since I just finish why not celebrate!" Jamie said to herself.

Jamie changed into something more formal, grabbed her purse, and headed out.

Since she doesn't know much Korean she had a little trouble reading the store names.

She stopped when she saw a crowded place. Jamie walked in because she thought, 'If people this place is crowded it must be a good place for me to celebrate at.'

Looking around she noticed she walked into a bar. She climbed up on one of the stools and waited for the bartender to come over.

The bartender came over and instantly saw how beautiful Jamie was. Never in all his years has he seen such a gorgeous woman.

"What can I get you?" The bartender asked Jamie.

"I would like a strawberry daiquiri please." Jamie responded.

The bartender nodded and went over to get the ingredients. The whole time he was thinking about her angelic voice.

He came back and put the drink in front of her. Jamie was searching her wallet for money to give him, but he stopped her.

"This one's on me." He said.

"Oh, thank you!" Jamie said.

'What a player,' Jamie thought.

She put the straw in and took s few sips of her drink. She had to admit it was one of the best drinks she has ever had.

"Is it good?" She looked up to see the bartender watching her.

"Yes." She said eyeing his suspiciously. Ignoring his presance she went back to drinking her fruity drink.

"Hi, I'm Joon." The bartender said.

Not wanting to be rude Jamie responded with, "Hi I'm Jamie."

"Jamie, would you like to go out with me sometime?" Joon asked.

"No thank you." Jamie said not wanting to hurt his feelings.

"At least give me your number." He said.

"Okay," She started, and Joon had a huge smile on his face, "my number is xxx-xxx-xxxx." Jamie had told him her number in english, and she said it as fast as she could, hoping he would not be able to remember her number.

Jamie placed her empty glass on the table and left the bar to go back to her home.

As she was laying in her bed reading, Jamie's phone started to go off. She had already gotten a call from her family checking up on her, so she had no idea who it could have been.

She hesitated a little before picking up the phone and saying, "Hello?"

"Jamie, it's Joon. Do you want to go out with me tonight?" She remembered that voice. It was the bartender.

This felt impossible to her, because she had tried so hard to get him away. All she could think about was how he could have remembered her number.

"I'm sorry Joon but it is still no." She said.

"Are you sure?" He wanted to double check her answer.

"I'm positive. Goodbye." Jamie said and hung up.

Jamie had thought she had finally got rid of him, but she hasn't. Everyday Joon would call her, and everyday he would ask the same question. He kept doing so until finally the day came when Jamie said yes.

When they went on a date Jamie realized that she was wrong about Joon. He was a sweet guy, and not a player.

If she kept saying no then she wouldn't have gotten married to him. She wouldn't have had kids with him, and watch their grandkids grow together.

Now, here Jamie sits at the age of 75 looking back on her beautiful life with Joon.

She is sitting here on his birthday missing him, and remembering the day they met.

The day that changed her life.

 

A/N:

I hoped you liked my first ever oneshot. I actually enjoyed writing this. Sorry the ending is a little rushed I ran out of ideas. Thanks for reading!