Chapter 1 - The Victim

You belong with mee

It was a very fine afternoon at SMK Sri Andalas, especially 1 Suria. Everyone was busy doing their work because it's a busy month, March.

"Okay, class, settle down," said the room teacher as she entered in. She was holding a big file. The students greet her and take their seats. "Students, today is the day," said the teacher. 

"A holiday?" asked Atiqah. Everyone stared at her.

"No, Atiqah. It's the day I'm telling you something that you couldn't accept it but you have to," said Puan Fadilah. Evryone began to stare at each other in confusion.

She continued, "As you can see, our school has accepted amentorship that will be held in Japan,"

"JAPAN?!!" cried Asyikin. She threw whoops of joy.

"Unfortunately, our class has been selected to enter the mentorship for two months," she declared. 

"I think this is getting too far," said Atiqah.

"Indeed," agreed Batrisyia.

"20 of you will go to another state and the others will go to another state." Puan Fadhilah continued, "The reason we are doing this is to round to the next Band, Band 5. You will need to make reports about the country's scenary, surroundings. If you make more than 5, you will pass the band. We'll start next week."

"Seriously, if i have the chance, i will never participate it." shrieked Atiqah, She and her gang members were having their lunch on a long bench at the canteen during reccess.

"Some might say the same. Including me." said Ezety. She continued, "All my plans on that week has spoiled," she hissed as she munched the burger she bought earlier.

"If the teacher said that half of us will be seperated, doesn't it means that one of us will be the victim?" snorted Maizatul, sipping her lemonade drink.

"Don't you say that," Batrisyia calmly. "Puan Fadhilah know us more than anyone so there's no way she will give us crap."

"Oh please, she is our fairy godmother. Why on earth she would do that?" said Asyikin, twirling around and sit like a dancing fairy.

"Probably voting or......" said Atiqah.

"DATING!" said Asyikin and Atiqah, crossing their forefingers together. They made a disgusting look.

"Girls, finish your meals quickly, you got five minutes left and then head to hall okay?" demanded the prefect. The girls realized they only have five minutes to finish their meals. When the girls headed back to the class, they were shocked to find the class teacher still sitting in her seat, writing stuffs on the file.

"Sensei, it was our Math perios. Why are you here?" Ezety asked trying her best not to sound so rude.

"I've got something to share with all of you," said Puan Fadhilah as the others began to assemble.

"You see, you will be divided into two towns. I can't just give to y'all my choice because it's not fair. I'm afraid that some of you complaint that your friends are not with you or going with the same person only," said her, pushing the pink box in front of her.

"It contains 1 and 2 number. Each of you will take one without PEE-KING," she highlighted the last word to make sure no cheats.

The students took the tiny paper. The last person to take the paper was Asyikin. Everyone queued at their seats waitng for their teacher's instruction.

"What exactly we just did?" asked Ezety.

"We just picked a tiny paper."

"I know that, it's just..." Maizatul was about to finish her line when Puan Fadhilah cut her sentence.

"I just wrote a chart bar in my file. Listen,this is important. I left spaces for the 1 and 2 number column,"

Everyone read their pitch. The last person to tell their pitch was Atiqah, Maizatul, Asyikin, Batrisyia and Ezety.

"1" said Atiqah nervously.

"1" said Maizatul. Atiqah was happy that Maizatul joined the same group.

"1" said Batrisyia. Both of them were please with her coming.

"1" said Ezety. Batrisyia hugged her and shouted, "Wheepie!"

Then, there was a long silence before Asyikin sounded sadly, "2".