Red Lips, Paper Airplanes, and Magic

Paperman

Paperman

(KyuYoung)

It had been another ordinary morning for office worker, Cho Kyuhyun. He wakes up, eats breakfast, showers, wears a typical coat and tie, and then finally head for the train station; with all his paperworks of course. His boss would kill him if he forgets any important documents to bring. Unfortunately (as always), for him, it was a really windy day.

He clutched onto his papers as if he was clinging onto his life. But still, the wind was so strong that it had blown away a few of his papers. "Ugh! Dammit!" Kyuhyun was already cursing under his breath; as if muttering such words were enough to let out all the frustrations of a single, lonely, office-worker in his age.  

Once he finally caught all the papers flying around, he sighed in relief. He then took more confident steps up the stairs which would take him to the waiting platform for the trains. Again, it was always his habit to just stand there, waiting for the transportation that would bring him to work. Kyuhyun sighed what seemed to be the nth time this morning. His train was running a little late than usual.

But he seemed to have looked on the bright side; at least it'll still be a little more while before he sees his boss. Oh how he hated the boss. He sighed again. Suddenly, a gush of air caught his attention and saw a paper that was being carried by the wind pass in front of him. He looked down to see his own pile but realized it wasn't part of his.

As he turned to the right, a woman hurriedly also passed by in front of him, whilst successfully grabbing the air dancing paper. She stood beside him, also waiting for the train, with a shy smile and eyes on the floor after noticing he had witnessed the somehow embarrassing situation. By that moment, the wind had suddenly disappeared, leaving a more calm and quiet place.

Kyuhyun too, was hiding his shy smile as he took note of the woman standing beside him. She had beautiful hair, her business attire was so very fitting to her petite and slim body. She also had height. He discreetly observed her. And once he caught saw a glimpse of her lips with such an eye-catching red, the fast train arrived and the wind became stronger. 

The paper on the top of the pile, which Kyuhyun forgot about, flew and had a direct hit on the face of the girl. He quickly got the paper off her face and started laughing nervously, a sign of his apology, while still holding out the paper. The girl then looked at the paper and tried to hide her laugh. Kyuhyun got confused as to why she was laughing but then she pointed out to the paper.

His eyes widened when a mark of her lips with the red lipstick was stuck onto the paper. He chuckled pointing at paper, again trying to show his awkward way of saying sorry. But when he looked back at the girl, she had already gone into the train. And the train started to move, leaving dumbfounded at the scene. He then looked at the paper.

It was a perfect mark of her red lips

Kyuhyun arrived at work late. He breathed out hot air as he came out of his boss' office after a lot bit of scolding. He sat down at his usual desk which was right next to the window. He had somehow ask himself about seven times during work why he chose this career. But this time, his head keeps flashing the image of the woman he had met just several moments ago. 

He couldn't concentrate and just kept staring at the piece of paper with the lip mark on his desk. A pile of paper was then thrown onto his desk by his boss. The boss gave him a glare. "Keep focused Cho." He told Kyuhyun in a really deep and angry tone.

Kyuhyun, though, just scoffed when the boss left. He sighed and took out his pen. Before finally starting, a gush of wind then came by again and the papers the boss gave him, started flying away, along with the marked-paper. He quickly tried to grab that paper and once he did, he sighed in relief and glanced quickly outside the window. 

When he was about to walk away with the paper in his hands, a sudden realization came over him. He quickly looked back again outside the window and what caught his sight had also left his mouth hanging. It was the girl he saw earlier at the train station having what seemed to be an interview in the building next door. He started flailing his arms up and down, trying to get her attention.

Meanwhile, the girl was indeed, having a job interview. She sat down in such a beautiful and repfect posture, it got the panel talking amongst themselves. "So, what's you're name Miss?" the interviewer asked. The girl smiled before answering. "I'm Choi Sooyoung." She said in full confidence. Again, the panel was amazed.

"What job are you applying for?" Another question. "I'm planning to be an office accountant. I'm actually really good with...paperwork." She smiled at her self while she said the last word quietly as she remembers her encounter with who seemed to be a fellow office worker. The interviewers regarded this as a sign of very good voice modulation and quickly scribbled their papers with positive comments.

The interview was doing really well and Sooyoung was very happy with it, although she found something outside the window really distractive but she couldn't dare to fully look outside during the interview but nonetheless, she didn't lose her eloquence. The panel was really amazed by the girl. She was smart, talented, and very courteous. Plus she was really beautiful appearance wise. 

While back again with Kyuhyun, he was still doing all sorts of crazy poses trying to catch her attention. Then all of a sudden, his boss looks outside of his office box and reprimands him with a forced cough. With that, Kyuhyun sat down back again, still frustrated. Then the paper catches his attention again. He touched it and then got another piece of paper from the pile that was given to him.

He quickly folded it into a paper airplane. After seeing the output done, he smiled to himself as he remembered he had mastered making such ever since when he was a young boy. Then, he opened the window a little more and finally threw his made airplane. But unfortunately, it had just found way down to the streets.

Kyuhyun sighed but didn't give up. He created more, and more, and more. But they were all failures; from going into other people's office to just plainly missing the window and just hits on the hard wall. He got more frustrated every time he had to make a new one. Alas, it had come to a point wherein the pile of paper which the boss gave him was completely turned into airplanes.

His co-workers looked at him with such a confused look; or rather a what-the-hell-are-you-doing kind of face. One who was sitting beside him, even took his own pile pf papers and distanced it from him. Kyuhyun didn't even bother to say anything to them. He then had a small frown when he realized he only had that one paper with him. 

After some thinking, he finally took the paper and made it into a paper airplance. But as unfortune was on his side, the wind blew very hard and that one particular airplane had fallen to the ground before Kyuhyun could even send it flying. Just before he was about to curse even some more, the boss appeared behind.

"I'm giving you one more chance Cho." He said in a really angry voice and left him with even more paper. But just as he was about to make another paper airplane, he looked outside and noticed that the girl was already exiting the room. In panick he didn't know what to do. It was either, chase the girl or lose his job. He kept looking at the papers in front of him. 

And again, he decided to go with his heart. Kyuhyun got up and dashed outside the office really quickly. In no time, he was already on ground floor and ran outside. Since he didn't notice the stoploght was already on green, he still crossed the street, almost hitting every car and barely reaching the other street alive. He turned and turned, ran and ran, and bumped into a lot of people, but none of them was her. 

He finally stopped in front of a post box. There he found the one paper airplane with the red lipstick. He sighed and slumped. It was getting really harder for him. Maybe he was an idiot he thought to himself. And with all the frustrations starting to explode, he got the airplance, and threw it into the air with all his might, not even knowing where it will go to.

It landed into a dark alley... along with all the other paper airplanes that failed.

The wind on the other hand, didn't seem to agree. In that moment, the plane with the red mark seem to be lifted again. And shortly afterwards, all the other planes too. They seemed to move in a circular formation, creating some kind of paper tornado. And then, with the wind, the papers came out of the alley one by one, following the man who had created them.

Kyuhyun, although had noticed, tried to ignore them. But everytime he shoved them off, they keep getting stronger along with the wind. They seemed like they wanted him to go somewhere. He tried struggling off, still no use. If he had ignored three airplanes, then the amount doubles when it comes back to him. He had no other choice. Other people had already given him the looks. It wasn't their fault that what they were seeing seemed to belong in a fantasy movie.

Meanwhile, the paper with the red lips found it's way to Choi Sooyoung. She was just looking the flowers at a boutique jusst by the street. After passing the interview with flying colors, she decided to reward herself a little with the pretty little things. Just as she was about to grab one, something suddenly lands. Her eyes widened in curiosity as she realized it was a paper airplane. 

She gasped too when she saw the very familiar red lipstick on it. When she was about to touch it, it suddenly flew. But she didn't want to lose it. Sooyoung followed it but still she couldn't reach it. She had already reached the station, and was inside the train, but stil, it kept flying. On the other hand, Kyuhyun was already inside the train which was routed to where his house was. 

The planes stuck to him like he was some kind of paper magnet. Everytime he tries to get up from his seat, the planes would just push him back to sit. Even children were afraid of him. In no time, the two trains which were traveling in opposite directions finally reached the train station where Kyuhyun and Sooyoung met for the first time.

Sooyoung finally caught the plane. Once she realized it was her home station, she stepped out. The plane was already in her grasp, it wasn't moving anymore even if she did try to lift it. Kyuhyun finally stepped out of the train, but he was in a really bad mood because of the planes. He puffed in annoyance until his gaze met a familiar one. 

Both Kyuhyun and Sooyoung stepped forward as they familiarized the face of each other. Kyuhyun noticed that she was holding the paper where her lips were marked. He was speechless as he pointed to the plane. She just nodded and both of them smiled. Now it was also the train station wherein they met for the second time. And maybe, it will be the meeting place for the third, fourth, fifth, etc.

It's going to be the start of a love story full of magic, because if it wasn't for that, maybe they wouldn't even have met for the first time. 

*****

And it's finished! How was it??? Sorry if the ending isn't as romantic but hey, 

the way the guy was trying to find the girl, it's so lovely :)

my KyuYoung feels are exploding, help!

{oh, click the 5* for the link of Paperman! please give 6:34 minutes of your life to watch this if you havent because it's really nice)