It's Perfect. Almost

Drawing Lessons By Zhang Yixing

It's okay Yixing. It's perfect. Almost.


 

"You ready?"

Luhan nodded.

Ting. Yixing’s finger started touching piano keys.

Tring tring tring. Yixing frowned, "What's that noise?" He turned to Luhan.

"What?" Luhan said confused.

Yixing jerked his chin toward Luhan’s pocket. "Ah!" Luhan fished out the 'suspect' that has been disturbing Yixing play the piano. Yixing frowned and glared at Luhan.

"Sorry," Luhan grin, showed his teeth, "I have to answer it, if not Sehun would be mad at me," he said as he walked away from the still upset Yixing. Yixing sighed, "I should have guessed this would happen every time I asked him to listen to my new song."

 

Yixing stood up from his chair and decided to go back to his room. As he walked through the living room, he stopped because he saw Kris was struggling with paper and pencil in his hand.

"What are you doing?" he asked. Kris looked up and rolled his eyes hearing the rhetorical question from Yixing. He didn’t answer that question and got back to his activities that were delayed because of Yixing.

"Ah, so you’re just drawing?" He asked again.

"If you're here just to bother me, you'd better go," said Kris.

"I don’t want to interfere, I was just asking."

"But your question bothers me."

Yixing shrugged his shoulder carelessly, "Well, I'll get going then," he continued his way back to the room. He saw Jongdae was lying with a headset over his ears. Yixing threw his body on the bed and cause a creaking sound.

"Hyung, you're noisy," Jongdae said as he opened his headphones. Yixing frowned. Is everyone in this house think of me as a disturber? That's what he has in his mind. He lay down and closed his eyes slowly.

 

"Argh! What's wrong with this thing?! Come on! Work with me! I just want to listens some music!" Jongdae’s shouts make Yixing eyes shot open.

"Whats wrong?" he asked.

"It seems my headphone is broken hyung," replied Jongdae, "I'm really bored and want to listen to some music today."

A light bulb appears on the top of Yixing head. He remembered his new song.

"Jongdae-ya, what if-"

"Zhang Yixing!"

Yixing and Jongdae turned their head to the bedroom door. I don’t know how many times Yixing had frowned today. And this time there is Jongdae who accompanied him.

"I was looking for you everywhere, it turns out you're here," Kris said breathlessly.

"Just 5 minutes ago you chase me away, and now you looking for me?"

"I cast you out? When was I cast you away?" Kris rubbed his chin, trying to remember. "I don’t remember I ever cast you out."

Yixing sighed, "Forget it. So what do you want from me?"

"I need your help. Ah, and you too Jongdae. "

"Me?" Jongdae and Yixing looked at each other, confused.

"Don’t ask, and just follow me," Kris returned to the living room followed by Yixing and Jongdae who are still confused.

 

"What do you think?" Kris handed a piece of paper to Yixing and Jongdae.

Oh no! Hopefully there is a tool to realign the wrinkled forehead. If there is, Yixing promised to give the inventor a higher award than the Nobel Prize. Reward from God.

"May I ask what picture is this?" Asked Jongdae while tilting the paper to the right then to the left, turn it over, hold it a little bit far and backed it to find the right angle so that the picture can be clearly seen.

"A pigeon," said Kris.

"Ah~ is it the tail?" he said, pointing to the paper.

"No Jongdae, that’s the wing."

"If it is the wings, then what is it?"

"That's the other wing."

"Huh? Then where is the tail? "

"This is the tail."

"Uh? This is not the feet?"

"No! THIS is the feet." Kris said pointing the paper where he ‘thinks’ the feet was placed.

"Oh, I thought pigeon is a carnivore now, because it looks like the bird is standing on top of a dead rat."

Kris almost banging his head on the wall when he heard Jongdae’s comment. Is his picture that bad?

Kris decides to not pay attention to Jongdae, who is still try to figuring out the picture and looked at Yixing—ask for help.

Yixing capture the 'signal' from Kris gaze. "You want me to draw you some pigeons?"

"No."

"So?" he raised his eyebrows.

"I want you to teach me to draw, I know you really good at drawing."

"You want me to teach you drawing some pigeons?"

"No. Anything, teach me to draw anything."

Yixing nodded, "No problem. But when you're finished you have to hear my new songs."

Kris nodded, "Okay."

 

He handed a new whittled pencil and a piece of paper to Yixing.

"Take a good look," said Yixing. Kris nodded again. Jongdae leaned forward, watching Yixing solemnly taught Kris to draw—like a child who is watching his mother cook his favorite food.

Yixing just start scrawled his pencil on paper when Minseok and Zi Tao come. Jongdae waving his hand, "Come here, Yixing hyung just start his drawing lessons."

"Drawing lesson?" They don’t understand what he means with ‘drawing lesson’ here. Is drawing lessons like the kids in kindergarten have or drawing lessons in a higher level such for the students in the architecture faculty.

Jongdae lift the paper contains Kris’s picture earlier and show it to Minseok and Zi Tao.

"Kris hyung drew it," said Jongdae proudly (why Jongdae are proud of it? Kris was the one who drew it “-_-)

"Wow! The dragon Kris ge draw this time is better than before!" Zi Tao said while clapping.

"It's not a dragon, Zi Tao. This is a pigeon!" Said Jongdae annoyed. (Once again Jongdae, why should you annoyed? You’re not the one who drew it, but Kris.)

"Puhahahahahahaha!" Minseok laughing loudly, "How can you call it a pigeon?? Hahahahaha! Ouch!" Minseok stop laughing and rub his head because Kris’s pencil landed at his head.

"Please be quiet for a while, I'm trying to teach Kris ge how to draw." said Yixing.

Zi Tao and Minseok now know what kind of drawing lessons Yixing taught.

"I also want to learn!" Zi Tao said excitedly.

 

---

 

1 hour has passed since Yixing start the lesson.

"How about this?" Said Kris.

Yixing watched briefly then shook his head, "There’s something missing, try again." Kris nodded obediently and began drawing again in new paper.

"Hyung! Hyung! See my picture, "Jongdae flapping his paper at Yixing face. Yixing took it, and observe the picture Jongdae draw, he nodded approvingly, "It's good Jongdae, I know you have the talent to draw," he said, patting Jongdae’s head, "Good job Jongdae, keep going."

"Yuhuuu! You hear that Tao? Yixing hyung told me that I had talent to draw! Ah! Of course I had the talent to draw, because I also had the talent to dance! People have to start recognize my talent now.”

Zi Tao looked upset, "There’s nothing to do with dance, ge!"

"Of course there is!"

"No, there’s not!"

"Yes, there is!"

"Then what is it?!"

"Eh? I don’t know, it’s just…there! "

Minseok shook his head, "Stop arguing, you two."

Tao stuck out her tongue at Jongdae then handed his drawing to Yixing, "Look at my picture ge."

Yixing looked at him then looked at his picture, "Um ... why don’t you repeat it?" Suggested Yixing, smiling.

"Should I?"

Yixing nodded, "I'm sure it would be so much nicer if you draw it again."

"Okay! I'll draw it again!"

Jongdae looked up to see Zi Tao’s picture, "Eww, aliens from which planet you draw this time Tao?"

"Alien? This is kangaroo ge. See! There is a pocket in the stomach," said Zi Tao.

"A kangaroo? Did kangaroos turn into the category of aliens huh? Or kangaroo is exposed with radiation? Why the shape looks strange?"

ZiTao crumpled his paper into a ball and tossed it to Jongdae, "I'll draw it again!"

Yixing massaged his forehead. Oh God, please don’t let Yixing lost his temper.

"What are you guys doing? Why are you gathered here?" Luhan said when he saw his brothers, oh I mean, his friends who are like his own brother, sitting on the floor in the living room and struggling with paper, pencils, markers, colored pencils, and so on and so forth.

"We're learning to draw hyung," said Jongdae.

"Learning to draw? You too??" Luhan pointed Kris and Minseok alternately.

"I'm not part of it," said Minseok while flipping the channels on the TV.

Luhan sitting next to Yixing and eventually joined with the other to draw. Well, it’s not hurt to follow Yixing’s drawing lessons after all.

 

---

 

When the clock showed 11 PM, Yixing decided to end his drawing lessons.

"I think this one is good enough," said Yixing, nodding satisfiedly.

"Good? You call this good? Are you kid-Mmph." Yixing covered Luhan’s mouth before he finished his sentence.

"Hah~ I give up, I'm not going to draw again from now on," said Kris.

What a great idea Kris!

Kris got up from his seat, "Jongdae, Zi Tao, you clean up the living room. Throw the papers out. I’ll go to bed now," he said with a yawn and walked into his room.

"Why should we do that??"

"Since you are the youngest here," Luhan said, "Don’t protest and just clean it."

"But... hyung..." Jongdae stared at Yixing—ask for help.

"Let us also go to bed," Luhan pull Minseok and Yixing then push them into the room.

Yixing looked at Zi Tao and Jongdae pitifully, “Sorry, but I'm sleepy too." Yixing get in his room and lay down on the bed, but he couldn’t sleep. "What did I forget this time?" Yixing try to think hard, until he remembered something, "Dang it! My new song!"

 

---

 

Meanwhile, Zi Tao and Jongdae cleaned the living room that was like a ship at war while grumbling.

"If only there is Sehun and Jongin here, certainly those two will be the one who clean up all of this."

"Yeah, but you know they DO NOT live here Tao…"

"Ah! Then I will go and live with them! So I wouldn’t be the youngest anymore!"

"Oh right Tao, I heard Sehun and the others will be here tomorrow," said Jongdae.

"Really?? I really miss them! "

"And I've got a great idea."

"Huh? ​​What idea?"

Jongdae told him to move closer and whispered something in his ear.

 

---

 

"Luhannnnn hyuuuuunngggg!"

Yixing awakened by Sehun’s screams. Ugh~ that boy...

After that, their laughter echoed throughout the room.

He turned sideways and didn’t see Jongdae in his bed. Am I the last one to get up? Strange, I never usually get up late.

Yixing turned to the unicorn-shaped clock on the table, only to find a long needle in figures 1 and short needles in figure 7. 7 am? Even the sun is not fully visible, why Sehun and the others already in this house? Yixing frow-no! Today he will not frowned, because he didn’t want his brow became furrowed for his entire life. So he just shook his head instead.

He rubbed his eyes and get out of his bed. When he left the room, he was surprised to see Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughing while rolling around on the floor, Sehun and Jongin holding their stomach trying not to laugh and Kris are standing, crossing his arms in front of Zi Tao and Jongdae who bowed his head deeply, it looks like they think the floor is much more interesting than watching Kris handsome face that angry. What did I miss?

 

"What’s going on here?" He asked Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo raised his index finger toward the wall.

Yixing eyes rounded as big as Kyungsoo’s now. What the hell is that??

"Kris’s draw collection?" Yixing read a big sign on the wall with some of Kris drawing underneath.

"Those two did it," said Minseok pointing at Jongdae and Zi Tao.

"We shouldn’t let them clean the living room by themselves yesterday," Luhan said.

Minseok nodded in agreement, "So we don’t have to hear Kris nagging in the morning."

"And I shouldn’t approve Kris ge requests to taught him how to draw," Yixing massaged his forehead.

"You taught him?" Asked Joonmyeon.

Yixing nodded, "If I didn’t teach Kris ge draw, Zi Tao and Jongdae wouldn’t have to clean the living room. If I didn’t teach Kris ge draw, we don’t need to see Kris angry because of Jongdae and Zi Tao. If I didn’t teach him to draw, I don’t have to wake up so early just to see him angry. If I didn’t teach him to draw... ugh~"

Joonmyeon smiled and patted his shoulder, "I think it's a pretty good picture. I never saw Kris hyung could draw donkey as good as this before," he pointed to one of the pictures on the wall.

Yixing breaking his promise, he frowned again today, "That's not a donkey, Joonmyeon ... that’s a rhino."

"Ah, a rhino, yeah..."

"I would never be a good drawing teacher."

Once again Joonmyeon patted Yixing shoulder, "It's okay Yixing, I think you're a good teacher. The picture is perfect," Joonmyeon took a glance at Kris picture again, shudder run down his spine, he think if some rhinos saw the picture, they would immediately attack Kris with its horn, "... um... I mean almost. Hey look! At least that rhino got 4 legs, 1 head, 2 eyes, 1 mouth, 1 horn, and 1 tail. It’s perfect isn’t it?"

 

---

 

See?

It's perfect. Almost.
 

The End


 

A/N: so, what do you think? I hope you like this story.

don't forget to comment okay ^^

see you at another story. ppyong~ <3