You are my Everything

Untitled Love Story ♡

 

 
 
 
The passagers watched sympathetically as the young woman made her way carefully up the steps of the bus.
 
She paid the driver and used her hands o feel for a seat. Then, she sat down.
 
It had been a year since Song Jieun became blind. Because of a medical problem, she was suddenly thrown into a world of darkness.
 
Jieun, who was once an independent woman, felt felt condemned to be a burden on everyone around her.
 
All she had to cling on to was her husband, Bang Yongguk, a rapper of a boyband called B.A.P who loved her dearly.
 
When Jieun first lost her sight, she sank into despair, but Yongguk was determined to help her become independent again.
 
After a few months, she was finally ready to return to her job.
 
She used to take a bus, but was now too frightened to get around the city by herself. So, how would she get there? Yongguk volunteered to drive her to work each day, even though they worked at opposite ends of the city.
 
At first, this comforted Jieun and fulfilled Yongguk's need to protect his wife, who had lost confidence in doing even the simplest task.
 
Soon, however, this transport arrangement was becoming too tiring for him. He realised she would have to start taking the bus again, but just the thought of mentioning this to her upset him.She was still so fragile, So angry. How would she react?
 
Just as Yongguk had expected, Jieun was horrified at the idea of taking the bus again. Her heart was full of anger.
 
'How can you do this to me? I am blind!' she responded bitterly.
 
'How am i supposed to know where i am going? I feel as if you are abandoning me.Dont you  love me anymore?' she asked as her tears started to fall.
 
Yongguk's eyes widened at her questions. His heart broke when he heard those words. Then, he pulled her into her hug and comforted her.
 
He promised her that, each morning and evening, he would ride the bus with her, for as long as it took for her to get used to it. And that was exactly what happened.
 
For the whole two weeks, Yongguk accompanied Jieun to and from work each day.
 
He taught her how to rely on her other senses, especially her hearing and how to adapt to her new situation.
 
Yongguk helped her make friends with the bus driver, who would watch out for her. They even saved her a seat.
 
Yongguk made her laugh, even on those bad days when she tripped as she left the bus or dropped her briefcase.
 
Each morning they made the journey together and Yongguk would take a taxi to the studio.
 
Although this routine was more expensive and more tiring than the previous one, he knew it was just a matter of time before she would able to ride the bus on her own.
 
He believed in her, in the Jieun he used to know. who was not affraid of any challenges and who would never, ever quit.
 
Indeed, she soon became confident enough to start traveling on her own. One day, as she was about to get off the bus, the driver said
 
'Madam, i really envy you. It must so good to be taken care of and protected like you are'
 
Jieun had no idea what the driver was talking about and asked 'what do you mean?'
 
The driver answered 'you know, every morning, a gentleman wearing a cap with a gummy smile stands on the side of the road watching you as you leave the bus. He makes sure you cross the road safely and he watches you until you enter your office building, Then he blows you a kiss and walk away. You are fortunate woman'
 
Tears of happiness flowed down her cheeks. Although she could not see her husband, she had always felt his presence. Jieun was lucky, for he had given a gift more powerful than sight,  a gift she did not need to believe - a give of love that can bring light where there has been darkness.
 
 
...
 
Its super short right? Have you read this somewhere before? I got this from school and but this one is edited :3