Refreshed [Hoya's Oneshot]

Refreshed [Oneshot]

Okay. This oneshot is told in Hoya's pov, so nobody gets confused.


My life is too stressful for me. At least, that's what everybody tells me. Ever since my parents left me and brother, I've had to be the man of the house. I didn't really care that they left, they weren't my favorite thing in the world. My brother is, of course.

I have a job at a cafe. I make the money, I put the food on the table. I have to make sure Sungjong goes to school, he gets good grades, and make sure he's safe and happy. I also have to go to school and maintain good grades. I promised myself I would do anything it takes to make this life worth it.

 It was 9PM and I couldn't sleep, so i decided to take a stroll outside. I didn't exactly know it was going to rain, but I don't have an umbrella. I stopped at one of those bus stops with the glass surrounding the bench where you wait. I'll just wait it if I have to.

I squinted my eyes and happened to focused on a girl about my age standing in the rain. From what I could see, she had orange hair. Odd color for a person. She was wearing a short sleeved shirt with an owl printed on it. Once again, weird for someone to wear. She wore Nike Vandal shoes, I knew because I wear the same pair just with a different coloring. It looked like she wasn't wearing pants, but from her shirt getting wet, her shorts showed through.

How could someone stand in the rain like that, that's just stupid.

She began walking towards me, or probably to something with a roof. Which was the bus stop. She looked at me and gave a smile, before sitting down on the same bench as me. Despite there being 2 other benches.

"What's somebody like you doing out in the rain?" I asked her without sounding too intrusive.

"What about you? What are you doing in the rain?" She was right. I hate to admit it.

"Touchè." I said, causing her to laugh. I don't know why I'm acting like this. I'm usually more serious.

"It's okay. As for me being in the rain. I just like the way it feels on my skin." I scratched my head. Uhhh....

"Weird right, I know. But it makes me feel.... free~" As she said that, she got up and did a small twirl. Then sat back down.

"How can rain make you feel anything? It just makes you sick and wet." I furrowed my eyebrows and glared out towards the rain falling.

"Maybe, maybe not. It's just something that makes you forgot all your worries. At least, how I see the rain as."

As I listened to her, I realized that maybe she was right. Maybe the rain did make you forget all your worries. But then again, I had too much to worry about. I sat there thinking and I completely forgot that I didn't even know her name.

"Hey, wait-" I was about to ask her her name, but she cut me off.

"It's Lynn. Lee Lynn. 19 years old. Majoring in photography at レンスターUniversity." She gave me more information than I needed, but I didn't really care much.

"I'm Lee Howon, but people call me Hoya." I offered a handshake.

"Cute name." She said and I smiled back.

I cleared my throat and visibly blushed. "So, photography, huh? Must be fun." I sighed, remembering that I wished I could've done that.

"Seems like you couldn't take photography as a major. What'd you end up taking?" Lynn asked me.

"Dancing. I wanted to major in both, but I don't have enough time to. I have to take care of a younger brother and.... yeah." I think I said too much.

"I see.... I live by myself, but balancing schoolwork and a job is hard. But I manage through it." She gave a slight smile and stood up again.

"Well, I gotta get going, then. See some other time, Lee Hoya~" Lynn gave me a wink and a little salut and walked away.

I have a feeling that I was going to meet her again.

--

I walked back into the house, careful not to wake Sungjong up. The lights were on in the kitchen and I clearly remembered they were off when I left. I found Sungjong there sitting at the table, on his laptop and drinking some water.

"Yaah, Lee Sungjong, what are you doing up?" I yelled at him.

"Just finishing up some homework, hyung. I remembered about it.... sorry." Sungjong gave an apologetic look and I ruffled his hair.

"Okay, but finish it all, then get back to bed, kiddo." I ruffled his hair again.

"Yah, Hyung, I'm not a little kid anymore! And where were you all this time?" He questioned me, expecting a full answer out of me.

"I was just taking a walk...."

Sungjong's eyes widened. "That's it? I thought you were dealing drugs or something." Oh the naivety of little brothers. Actually, Sungjong's two years younger than me, but still....

--

I managed to keep running into Lynn, most of the times we met again were on rainy days. It was weird.

"Have you noticed that we keep running into each other on rainy days?" She mentions one day, while we're sitting down in a coffee shop.

I swirled the brown liquid a little bit before looking up at Lynn. I smiled at her.

"Yeah, that's pretty coincidental." I added.

"Yeah.... you remember that night, right?"

Dr. Dr. Feel Good. Come make me feel real good
Strap me down into my chair. I've been feeling real bad
Dr. Dr. Feel Good. Come make me feel real good
Strap me down into my chair. I've been feeling real bad

I wana feel real good (good). I need to feel real good (good)
I wana feel real good (ood). Cause I've been really bad bad (bad bad)
I wana feel real good (good). I need to feel real good (good)
I wana feel real good (good). Cause I've been really bad bad (bad bad)

My phone began ringing. Something about a doctor by Rania. They were good. I liked them, at least. Haha... I gave Lynn an apologetic look and answered it.

-

"Sorry about that, my brother didn't know how to fix the printer...." I slightly smiled.

"It's okay. You're really sweet for helping your brother out, though."

I blushed again and thanked her.

A foreign looking guy walked over and asked us something in a language I couldn't understand. To my surprise, Lynn was saying something in the same language.

"Whoa, what was that?!" She took a sip from her drink, like nothing happened.

"What was what?" Really.... Sheesh....

"That! You were just speaking another language." She chuckled.

"It's not that big of a deal. I use to live in America, and I happened to move here to South Korea. And yeah...." I smiled.

"That's actually really cool." I noticed her getting shy now and blushing.

Lynn looked down at her phone and suddenly stood up. "I have to go now.... I have a meeting soon."

I nodded. "See you soon?"

"You know it, Hoya-baka~" If anybody else had called me that, I would've gotten mad, but something about a pet name from her made me.... like the nickname.

--

A few months passed, and Hoya and Lynn began seeing each other less and less. It was like they never even met in the first place.

Hoya had been up, not being able to fall asleep. He decided to take a walk, something he use to do, but never got around to doing.

It started to rain slightly and Hoya smiled. He loved the rain. He stood still, letting the rain drip onto his skin.

"It's good to see you again, Hoya-baka. I see you finally like the rain now." I turned around and noticed a familiar figure.

"Lynn, is that you?" She nodded and hugged me. She now had red hair, still wore longer shirts that reached past her shorts, whick made it look like she wasn't wearing any and Nike shoes. This time, though, her hair was in a single ponytail hairdo. It looked nice.

"I missed you, Hoya...."

".... I missed you, too, Lynn...."

I stared at her face for a minute or two and got lost in her eyes. Then suddenly, I kissed her. It wasn't a long kiss, but it was still nice. When we pulled apart, I saw her blushing.

"Your hair doesn't match your personality." I chuckled.

"Yah, Hoya-baka..... At least you're not as stressed as before. Was it because of the rain? Or perhaps it was my doing, Hoya?" This time it was my turn to blush.

"S-shut up." I turned my head and Lynn poked my cheek.

"Ahh, Hoya, I'm sorry!" I smirked and picked Lynn up and spun her around. I set her down after a few spins. I laid my head in the crook of her neck.

"Thank you......" I whispered quietly, but loud enough for her to hear.

"For what?"

"For making me less stressed. For being refreshing like the rain." I lifted my head and kissed her for a second time.


YAY! IM FINISHED! I HOPE YOU ALL LIKED IT! :D This is probably my longest oneshot EVER. NO JOKE. :D