One

Secret Yearning

"Aren't you something to admire, cause your shine is something like a mirror"

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Don't open your eyes, Tiffany. Don't.

Beep. Beep. Beep. 

Tiffany opened her eyes. She was in her bedroom. It was 00.19 a.m, and seemed like she was doomed. Her Starbucks work shift should had started one hour earlier. Being late was inevitable - she had college classes starting from 7pm until 10pm, then she had to meet her lecturer - everyday was so busy to her. She wished she could just run away from her daily activities to somewhere unknown, full with peace and bliss.

She didn't waste her time at all; she rushed, changing her clothes, doing everything to beautify herself instantly.

Tiffany ran to her car. Her brain was full of iamlate, walking around her mind. The quiet streets of Seoul made the sound of her car  clearer to be heard by people around. She was absolutely speeding, not paying attention to every road signs she had passed.

"I better be lucky today." Tiffany mumbled towards the cold air surrounding her.

Arriving at her office, she saw her employees getting so hyped of her appearance. Tiffany, no doubt, with her bubbly, confident, friendly, yet still unequivocal personality, no one could ever hate her. She was the head manager of Starbucks Apgujeong 1 & 2 for two consecutive years, and until now, no complaints has left her office.

Everyone loved her. Admired her. There was no loath feelings towards her, at all. And she deserved to.

"Sorry for being late, Donghae." Tiffany said after she entered the counter, then she saw the others glancing at her sarcastically. "I mean, you too guys. Chaerin, Minjungie, Yoohyuk, and all my customers, I am totally sorry for being late. Free drinks for all customers! But please mind my credit card, okay?"

Cheerings from the customers were responded with a curve in Tiffany's lips. Donghae let out a laugh for a second, still dumbfounded from Tiffany's latest action.

"Are you nuts? You are going to give a month of your salary to these guys you don't even know?" He said as he prepared for a macchiato.

" Probbies with that, Lee Donghae? Make one, and it's free. I'll pay for your coffee." She replied his statement with pride.

Donghae shook his head abruptly. "Negative. I feel like a million bucks today."

"Come on! Hype up! Why are you always like this, bro? Everyday is a present from God, that's why it's called the present." Tiffany lectured him with a smile. "Stop complaining and enjoy your day, Oppa. These customers won't even bother to ask your number if your face is that gloomy."

"What a glorious statement that I want to vomit." Tiffany glared at him, but ended up showing her explosive laughter. "You know, I am not a flibbertigibbet like you are, Tiffany."

Tiffany raised her eyebrows. "Psh. You're a lollapalooza. There's no way you could be a flibbertigibbet like me." She smiled, showing her white teeth. "One vanilla latte and black tea for Heejung, please!" She continued as she put two glasses of coffee in the table. "No way, ever. Except I teach you to be one."

"So teach me to be one."

 

**

 

Chaerin cleaned the counter carefully. 01.49, as what was showed on the clock inside the café. Customers were still sitting, peacefully talking to each other even though the cafe wasn't as crowded as it was, now. Chaerin's shift was going to end in 11 minutes, so were Donghae's and the others' shifts.

Tiffany had sacrified 3 hours to stay at Starbucks Apgujeong 1 for the last 2 years, and gave her employees 3 extra hours to take a rest in their own houses. 

And that was one of the reasons why Chaerin loved Tiffany so much. Tiffany, to her, deserved to get the best boss award of all-time in the whole world. In her opinion - or maybe, everyone's - a real boss shows how to do something by giving examples to his employees, not by telling his employees. And Tiffany was always like that to her employees.

She shone brightly both to her employees and everyone, and she deserved it.

"Hi, good dawn...I guess? Is the free coffee still available? Can I have a regular size of Asian Dolce Latte?" 

They startled her - his voice, of course, and his stunning face which was now, staring at her gently. His face profile was...what to say? Flawlessly made? He had those big, appeasing eyes. His nose was sharp, and was the best part of his face.  She went head over heels for him. Instantly.

"Excuse me, Miss? Are you still here?" He asked gently, shaking his palm in front of Chaerin's face.

"O-of course, Sir. I'm sorry, but I guess it is no longer available. It is Miss Tiffany's event, and I guess Miss Tiffany isn't here at the moment. She told me that it is only available for about 25 people and...they have taken all coffees." 

He looked unsatisfied, and his face made it more clearer that he was unsatisfied, even though he tried to hide it deep inside.

"Well, okay then. Thank you." 

He walked out of the coffee house, heading straight to his car. His week had been very abominable; his only stress reliever was coffee. Hearing that free coffees were given by Starbucks Apgujeong from a friend, he headed there with high expectations. 

Even though the coffee was not free, he would take it - but he was too worn out. He needed some rest. He wanted to be alone, maybe inside his apartment reading a book was enough to him. He wanted to be invisible from the world for a moment.

He took his car keys, plugged it inside the door, opening it slowly. Yet a voice came, that seemed to call him. He lifted his head and found a pretty girl standing in front of him. She was panting, maybe from chasing him. Her face was as ruined as his - maybe she was too exhausted as well - but it shone, brightly, and he could see happiness radiating from her gorgeous smile.

"Sir!" She shouted. "Your Asian Dolce Latte is ready and it's free! Sorry for your inconvenience. I hope you forgive my staff's carelessness." Tiffany said in deep regrets as he took the coffee from her mild hand. "Do you want to come back in? It's cold here, Sir."

"Thank you, Miss Tiffany." He said, showing his gratitude towards her polite actions. "I'm really grateful for your polite actions. Nevertheless, I have to go home now. I'm sorry and it's a pleasure to know you."

Tiffany's jaw went down. Squinting her eyes, she replied his sentences.

"Are you sure? I mean, being alone is not fun, Sir...?"

"Nichkhun, please."

"Okay," Tiffany took a deep breath. "Being alone is never fun, Mr. Nichkhun. You will have that insecure feeling - in which I can't even describe - in you. I can accompany you here, 24/7. But if it's your choice to go home -"

"I respect your never-ending kindness, Miss Tiffany. Also your dilly mindset. On the contrary, I prefer being alone. I have never felt 'that insecure feeling' you just told me."

She sighed. They were indeed very different.

"But," he continued after seeing her disappointed face. "I am impressed by your responsibility as a manager, am I right?" She nodded. "You shine brightly. And I can see it from your gorgeous face." Nichkhun could see her lips mumbling a small, delicate thank you towards his compliment. "So, Miss Tiffany, keep up your good work, and I guarantee, people will never stop coming to your Starbucks."

"Including you?" She shyly asked.

He smiled. "Now excuse me, I have to go. It has been a pleasure to talk to you, Miss. Farewell and have a nice dawn."

As Tiffany saw the glimpse of his car going farther, she realized that she had not left a smile from her face during the time that he talked to her. She slowly grazed her pink lips. The shadow of his face was still running through her mind.

"Hey, boss!" She heard someone familiar call her.

Oh, Lee Donghae.

"Going home already?" She asked.

"Yeah," he gave a slight smile towards his best friend turned  boss. "Why? Do you want me to accompany you instead, as usual?"

Tiffany let out a simper. "Not for today." She replied. "I prefer being alone."

 

 

 

Hi. First chapter~~~ I'm sorry if it takes too long...I have internet probbies and school probbies, haha 8D but I hope you enjoy the first chapter. Comments are highly appreciated, because it's my first fic ouo. Upvoting and subscribing are also very welcomed! Thank you^__~