Yongguk's Secret

{Can't think of a title just yet...Sorry}

 

“What is taking him so long?” you think to yourself as you push the button for the doorbell and hear it echo through the house. “Yo, open up! I’m freezing.”

Sporting a light jacket and shorts that come down to your knees, the harshness of winter felt so sympathy for you as another gush of wind blow past your now numb legs. Even though you live five minutes away, it did not occur to that Himchan would not be home to open the door when you arrived. But instead of going home, you decide to wait a little longer.

After what felt like decades, you hear the lock turn. However, the man standing in front of you is not Himchan. He is taller with a shy yet manly aura radiating from him. Only after he asks why you are here did you realize you were staring at his face.

Embarrassed, you quickly reply, “I was looking for Himchan.”

“Ah,  Himchannie. He’s in the shower…you can wait inside if you would like? He will be down soon,” he says while gesturing for you to come in, “I’m his roommate by the way, Yongguk..Bang Yongguk.”

With no hesitation you accept his invitation, grateful that you will be able to warm up in their apartment.

“Ah, nice to meet you. Sorry for intruding like this.”

“No, no. You’re more than welcome to stay. I was actually in the middle of something…so I have to get back to it but feel free to grab a drink or a bite from the kitchen if you need it,” he said before politely excusing himself.

As you watch him walk away you think to yourself, “How lovely would it be to be close to someone so kind hearted. Himchan is luck to have a roommate like him. What was his name..Yongguk..Bang Yongguk. I like the sound of his name. So unique..it’s one of a ki-“

“Hey, you’re here!” Himchan shouts from the stop of the stairs interrupting your thoughts, “When did you get here? Did Yonggukie let you in?”

Himchan was only wearing a towel around his waist leaving his chest bare and exposed. Even though he was like an older brother to me, I couldn’t help but notice that he was actually very good-looking. “I still prefer Yongguk’s style,” you quietly whisper to yourself.

“Oppa, where are your clothes?” you shout back at him acting annoyed, “I can’t even look at you.”

“Oh come on, admit that you like what you see,” Himchan teases while coming down the stairs.

“OPPA~!! “

“Haha, just kidding! Come, sit down,” he replies pointing to the couch near the window as he walks past you towards the kitchen, “Anyway, would you like something to drink?”

“Ice tea, please~…Oppa, did you eat? Want to eat dinner?” you reply acting normaly again.

“Okay, I will make dinner then.”

“YAY~ You’re the best!”

Now that Himchan was cooking in the kitchen you had nothing to do but wait since he always refuses help when it comes to cooking. You look around the apartment and notice some papers on the coffee table in front of you. Without giving it a second though, you pick them up and begin reading the first page.

The title is clearly written in the center at the top, “My Perfect Girl”. It starts off by stating a quote from Shakespeare, ‘Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye'. As you keep reading you lose all sense of the world around you. All you feel and hear is the writer’s voice. And before you know it you have reached the last word of the last sentence of the last page. “Wow, what did I just read? It was just so...so…so beautiful. It was just beaut-“ you thought to yourself before someone snatches those beautiful words right from your hands.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” you hear before looking up to a very upset Yongguk, “Touching other people’s stuff? Who do you think you are to come here and pick up anything you find lying around?”

“Wait, I know this writing. There is only one other writer whose writing makes me feel this way,” you think out loud completely ignoring Yongguk’s shouting epidode a few minutes ago, “No, it can’t be. You’re Jepp Blackman…that blogger who wrote ‘I love you, I love you not’, aren’t you?”

Yongguk turns completely red, blushing from ear to ear.

“No, no way. You are. You’re Jepp Blackman,” you exclaim.

Himchan then comes running into the living room with a ‘Scooby Doo’ patterned apron looking worried, “What is going on? Yongguk, what are you doing?”

“Noth-“

“Nothing. He was just thanking me for showing interest in his wrote,” you quickly reply interrupting ‘Jepp Blackman’ before smiling up at him, “Right?”

“Yea…yeah!”