Niel's Lucky Socks

Our Lovely Papa!

Papa Sungyeol was a busy man. He worked a lot and therefore wasn’t able to spend time with his family as much as he’d like. Because of that when it was his day off and his wife needed him to watch the children a bit he was more than happy to oblige. It would be a good way to bond with his sons

 

This day was one of those days when his wife had to be out and he was left alone to tend to his sons. Piece of cake, right? Or so he thought.

 

“Papa! We’re going to be late!” said Changjo as Sungyeol rolled a sock onto his tiny foot.

 

The 4 year old was sitting on top of a clothing chest as he was being dressed to go out.

 

“No we’re not, Changjo. We’re almost ready to go,” Sungyeol assured the youngest of his 6 children before turning his head and yelling out. “You brats better be waiting by the door! We’re leaving in less than 5 minutes!”

 

“Ok!” he heard Ricky yell from somewhere.

 

There was the sound of running footsteps.

 

“Papa, where are we going?” Changjo asked as his father tugged a shirt over his big head.

 

“We’re going to you brother’s soccer game.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because we want to support him.”

 

“I don’t want to support him,” pouted Changjo.

 

“Yes you do.”

 

“No I don’t.”

 

“Well, don’t you love your brother? So then you want to support him. Put your arm through.”

 

Changjo pouted and stuck his arm through the arm hole of his shirt.

 

See, today was not only a special day because Sungyeol was alone to take care of his kids but also because it was the day of Niel’s soccer game. His middle child had joined the soccer team and seemed to really like it and because of that Sungyeol was taking all of his sons to the game minus Minsoo because the eldest had too much homework. Unfortunately, getting them ready to all go was going to be harder than he ever imagined.

 

As he was getting Changjo ready suddenly, Niel was standing in the doorway of the bedroom looking upset.

 

“Papa,” he whined.

 

“What is it, Niel?” Sungyeol asked. “I told you to wait by the door.”

 

“Papa I can’t find my lucky socks! I can’t go without my lucky socks!”

 

“What’s wrong with the socks you have on now?”

 

Niel replied, “They’re not lucky! You have to help me find them! We’re going to be late!”

 

Sungyeol sighed and thus began the search for the lucky socks.

 

They went to Niel’s room that he shared with the twins only to see it was an absolute pigsty. How were they supposed to find anything in that mess? Really Sungyeol had no clue but really he had to at least pretend to look for the socks for one minute before giving up. Niel would expect at least that. Then they’d leave, definitely.

 

“What color were they?” Sungyeol asked, getting on his knees and looking in Niel’s sock drawer.

 

“Lucky colored!” Niel replied, getting beside his father.

 

“Niel, that’s not a color,” Sungyeol said. “We’re going to be late. We have to go.”

 

“But we have to find them! Mom would find them! I want mama!”

 

“Niel, Mama isn’t here. You have to tell me what color they are if you want me to find them.”

 

But they’re not in here. I already checked a lot. The twins took them,” Niel finally said.

 

Sungyeol stood up and went to the front of the house where Ricky, Chunji and L.Joe were sitting at the entrance like he had asked them to.

 

“Where are your brother’s lucky socks?”

 

“What’s that?” L.Joe asked, looking up where he was sitting on the floor.

 

“I never heard of that in my life!” Chunji chimed in.

 

“Nu-uh! You heard of it! You were talking about hiding it this morning!” Ricky said from beside him.

 

“Ricky you want to die!” L.Joe said pouncing on his little brother.

 

The 6 year old fell back against the hard floor and Sungyeol had to pull L.Joe back.

 

“Leave Ricky alone!” scolded Sungyeol. “L.Joe where are the socks.”

 

“I don’t know about any socks! Ricky is a liar!”

 

“Am not!” whined Ricky. “You said you were going to put them in CAP hyung’s bag!”

 

And Sungyeol really just wanted to call it quits right then. They were already a few minutes behind schedule and they needed to get Niel to his game on time! Sending L.Joe a disapproving look that had the 9 year old cling to his twin in fear, Sungyeol then went to CAP’s room without knocking, only to see the eldest was sleeping in his bed.

 

“Minsoo! You’re supposed to be doing homework not sleeping,” Sungyeol said, smacking him on the .

 

“I’m up I’m up! What are you doing!?” CAP said, protesting as he saw his dad begin digging through his school bag.

 

“Your brother’s lucky socks are missing,” Sungyeol said, pulling a variety of items from his bag before stopping and staring at the worn out magazine he just pulled out.

 

“Ah!” CAP dived out the bed and snatched it from his father’s hand and quickly stashed it under his pillow.

 

Sungyeol just was rooted to his spot in shock, trying to blink and process what had just happened. He tried to remind himself that Minsoo was 12 now and this was normal and—but really his mind was just screaming. He wanted to run around screaming his head off and jump out the window.

 

“We’ll… I’ll act like I didn’t see that… for now,” Sungyeol said to his obviously embarrassed eldest son.

 

The atmosphere had gotten a bit strange when suddenly Niel and Ricky came running in.

 

“Papa! Papa!” Ricky flung himself onto Sungyeol’s back.

 

Sungyeol stood up, carefully making sure Ricky didn’t fall.

 

“What is it, baby?” he asked sweetly happy to ignore the issue with CAP.

 

“Niel hyung found his socks!” Ricky cooed. “We can go now!”

 

Nel who stood in the doorway was nodding happily, “Yep!”

 

“Where were they?” Sungyeol asked, looking down at Niel’s feet and seeing they looked exactly the same as they did before.

 

“They were on my feet this entire time! Isn’t that funny, Papa!?” Niel beamed.

 

Sungyeol faked a laugh, “Yes… that’s… so… funny.”

 

They weren’t even out the door yet and Sungyeol just wanted to rest forever!

 

“TIME TO GO!” he said, gathering the last of his depleted energy and running out with Ricky on his back.

 

All the kids followed and they all got strapped into the car. The children were in the back and Sungyeol made sure that they had their lunches packed, as well as all of Niel’s gear for the game. Finally with a content sigh Sungyeol got into the driver’s seat and pulled off.

 

“Yay! We’re going to the game!” Ricky cheered.

 

“This is going to be so boring,” complained Chunji. “I don’t wanna see Niel kicking around a stinky ball!”

 

L.Joe laughed, “We’re already late because of the socks.”

 

“The socks were important! I can’t play without my socks!” Niel tried explain.

 

“Ricky is such a snitch! We didn’t take the socks! We only said that as a joke!” L.Joe said.

 

Ricky said, “But, Changjo and I heard it!”

 

“Changjo isn’t a snitch though,” L.Joe said.

 

Suddenly the car stopped as Sungyeol slammed on the brakes.

 

“Wait… Changjo… I…” Sungyeol was scared, his heart was beating in his chest as he turned around to look at the children.

 

He counted them one by one: Chunji, L.Joe, Niel, Ricky and… AN EMPTY BOOSTER SEAT!

 

“CHANGJO NOOOOOOOOOOO!”

 

He forgot the baby!

 

Meanwhile back at the house: Changjo was sitting on the top of the dresser swinging his legs. He wondered where everyone went. Changjo was supposed to go to see Niel’s soccer game but they all left and papa even forgot to put on his pants.

 

Poor pantsless Changjo sighed and rested his elbows on his knees and his chin in his cute chubby hands. He couldn’t get down because it was too high and he was getting hungry. Suddenly though he remembered that his eldest hyung was supposed to stay behind.

 

“CAP HYUNG!” he yelled.

 

He crawled onto his knees and banged on the wall.

 

“CAP HYUNG!”

 

Within moments his brother came into the room and looked surprised to see him there.

 

“Changjo! Why are you here? And where are your pants?” CAP asked as he picked Changjo up and set him down on the ground.

 

“Everyone forgot me,” Changjo said.

 

He picked up some random shorts on the ground and put them on.

 

“”Well how about you and I go get some ice cream then? Since they forgot both of us!”

 

“Ok!” Changjo cheered happily!

 

He didn’t want to go to that soccer game anyway!

 

-the end-

 

-OMAKE/EXTRA-

 

Sungyeol burst into the house in a frenzy. He dropped the other kids off at the soccer field and left them in the care of Woohyun’s wife and kids before rushing back like a maniac to get Changjo. He ran to the room shared by the three youngest children only to see that Changjo was gone.

 

“CHANGJOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THEY GOT YOU! THE KIDNAPPERRS!!!”

 

“Dad you really have issues.”

 

Sungyeol looked up to see CAP and Changjo standing at the doorway with ice cream cones.

 

“Oh hi,” Sungyeol said. “So… soccer game?”

 

CAP shrugged, “Sure. Why not.” He wasn’t doing homework anyway.

 

And the three of them went off to soccer happily ever after.

 

AN- hi sorry this . I hope the next one is better! this one had a bit of everyone in it but I plan to write ones that focus especially on sungyeol x one of his kids. Like a sungyeol and CAP chapter for example! hope you excuse the badness u_u