· o2

If Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Saturday, April 22

I sat down on the left side of the chapel. I checked my watch -- 12:59 p.m. "Just in time." I whispered to myself.

I looked forward to the front of the chapel. There stood Kim Jongin -- the popular pretty boy. I gave a soft sigh, then the music began. Everyone stood and faced the back of the chapel -- there stood Bae Suji. Suji began walking up the aisle with her father assisting her. She took small steps, but it looked graceful. 

The priest looked upon everyone in the room. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together this man and this woman in holy Matrimony; which is an honorable estate, instituted of God, signifying unto us the mystical union that is betwixt Christ and his Church: which holy.." 

<>

"Jongin, wilt thou have this woman to thy wedded wife, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honor, and keep her in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?"

He smiled at Suji. "I do."

I looked at Jongin -- envy and hate overtaking me. He will now have her; Bae Suji. All I could do now is look at them. I have no say in this. If Suji is happy; then she's happy and I can't interfere with that.

"Suji, wilt thou have this man to thy wedded husband, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Wilt thou love him, comfort him, honor, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?"

"I do." She had a soft voice, but could be heard with the engulfing silence.

"I, Jongin, take thee Suji to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth."

"I,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter