1.

Invisible No Longer

 

You steal one final glance at him across the cafeteria, before rising from your chair and leaving.  One block remained, and then the day was over. You head upstairs and put your lunch kit in the locker you share with your best friend, Amy.  

You’re almost done when a person comes crashing into you, making you hit your head against the locker door.  Warm tears form in your eyes, and spill over onto your cheeks.  You are too distracted by the pain and light headedness to notice who exactly had knocked you over. 

“ I’m really thorry.... are you okay?” a sweet, accented voice asks you. 

“ Does she look okay? NO.” your close friend Junhong yells.  He had somehow surfaced between you putting your things away and the present.

“ Hey listen it was an accident.” someone with a deep, gravelly voice pipes up.

“ Sure knocking her over was, but if you guys hadn’t been fighting in the hallway none of this would have happened...” Junhong sighs, obviously tired with the other boys idiocy. 

“ You really don’t look tho good there...” the voice says again, “ I’m going to take you to the nurthe’th offithe, ne?” 

“ Mmmhhmm...” you mumble, unable to properly form words. 

At that point, your head blanks out, and all you can do is follow the person leading you down the halls, guarding you from all the people passing by.  You are vaguely aware of people murmuring things as you pass, but in your state you cannot think of any reason as to why. 

Just as you are about to reach the nurse’s office, your foot slips and you almost fall on your face.  Thankfully, the person who is walking with you catches you, but the sudden movement knocks you out completely. 

-

You slowly become aware of the presence of a person next to you, and soon realize that you are not at home.  Opening your eyes carefully, you take in the sight. 

The most beautiful boy in your school staring intently at you from beside the hospital-styled bed.  His name was Oh Sehun.... OH SEHUN!

Your eyes flutter shut, pretending to be asleep.  

“ I thaw you wake up, thilly.” he says to you softly. 

A blush crosses your cheeks as you try, and fail, to find words.  You let your eyes wander over his face, taking in all the features you had never gotten to see from so close before, before finally meeting his eyes. 

Both of you stay that way for what seems like a long time.  When the nurse finally walks in, she clears in an attempt to make the situation easier for herself. 

“ Sehun-ah, I’m sorry but I need to speak to her alone for a second, would you mind stepping out?” she says softly, trying not to disrupt the peace of the room. 

He nods to her, then turns back and gives you one final look before slipping out the door. 

She sits down next to you, and starts the check up.

As she is doing her thing, she asks the strangest thing, “ How long have you guys been together?  I haven’t herd about it so you two must be good at keeping it a secret.” 

“ What? Oh wait... we’re not d-dating!” you stutter. 

“ Okay,” she says, then winks at you. 

“ No, seriously!” you say again, this time with more conviction. 

“ Hmm... that is very interesting,” she inquires, “ When he carried you in here bridal style, eyes full of concern, I kind of got the feeling, but when he insisted on staying with you even when school ended, I was completely convinced.  If you guys aren’t dating... well I’m going to guess he likes you one hell of a lot.”

You sit there silently, hoping, praying to God that she was wrong because, in all honesty, you don’t believe you could handle being the hottest boy in school’s ugly girlfriend. 

“ Well, all is good, so I’ll let Sehun-ah back in and you are ready to go home.” she says with a curt nod and a smile. 

“ Thank you miss Sudom.” You mumble after her as she goes to let him back in. 

He walks back in, and takes a seat next to you again.  You pull yourself into a sitting position and turn to face him.  We simply stare at each other for a long time again, before he finally speaks. 

“ I want to thincerely apologize.  I thhouldn’t have been tho careleth in the hallway, and I promithe not to do it again.  I thtayed until you woke up tho that you could accept my apology.” his words are formal, and match the serious expression on his face. 

So it isn’t that he likes me,’  you think to yourself, ‘he’s just trying [and succeeding] to be a gentleman.... I should be happy, why do I feel disappointed?’

“ Thank you.  I accept your apology, you are forgiven.” you don’t like to speak formally, and the words feel funny in your mouth, but you only want to match his formal tone. 

“ Thank you.” He stands up, bows, then walks out the door. 

Deciding there is no reason for you to stay, you get your stuff and begin to head home.  On your way to the bus stop, a car pulls up beside you. 

“ Yah! Pabo! You were jutht in the nurtheth room for 2 hourth and you’re walking home?”  Sehun asks incredulously. 

“ I have no other way to get home... I’m feeling much better, really.” You say, starting to continue on your way. 

“ I don’t care! You thtill aren’t healed and should not be outthide in this frigid weather!” he continues to scold you, “ Do you really not have a ride?” 

“ Both my parents work until really late in the city and both my older sisters are off in University in England.” You explain to him, and try to walk away once again. 

“ Where do you live, I’ll drive you home.” He offers. 

“ I’ll be fine, and its probably out of your way...” You try to refuse his offer. 

“ I don’t care how far it ith, just get in the damn car!” he yells, and you obey, climbing into the passengers side. 

“ Tho, how do I get you home?” he asks, lowering his volume. 

You give him instructions, both before and during the drive.  Other then that, there is no interaction during the entirety of the trip.  When the car finally pulls up in front of your empty house, you thank him and get out. 

Walking up your front steps, you turn to wave goodbye, but come face to face with Sehun instead.  For the third time that day, your eyes meet and you can feel an odd connection begin to form.  

He steps forward, and wraps his arms around your waist. “ I hope this doesn’t make me theem like an inthenthitive bathtard, but I don’t know your name....” 

“ Jessie.” you whisper softly. 

“ Well then, Jethie, is there really no one home?” he says, looking up to the house behind you. 

“ Just us.” you say, taking his hand and leading him in. 

 

When you finish preparing the tea, you bring it to the kitchen table, where he is seated, and sit across from him.  He takes his tea and slowly blows on it.  His lips pout when he does it, forming a perfect “o” and you can’t help but staring.  Staring so intently, in fact, that you don’t notice him watching you.  

“ Am I really that interethting?” he asks, lips falling from their previous position. 

“ Uhh... I was just...” you turn pink, not knowing quite what to say to the person who just caught you staring at them.  

“ Thtaring at me, I know,” he says, “ I wath watching you too, though, so that maketh uth even right? Well... not really.”

You look up from twiddling your thumbs and meet his eyes, not quite comprehending what he meant. “ What do you mean?”  you ask, cocking your head slightly. 

“ I’ve watched you for the entirety of Englithh and Thothialth all year... We aren’t even.” he says, looking almost embarrassed. 

The great Oh Sehun looked embarrassed... and it was absolutely adorable. 

“... You watch me?” you ask, wanting to hear him say it again.

“ Yeah. You aren’t in my group of friendth, tho that’th why I didn’t know your name, but I’ve theen you around in thchool.  I’ve kinda alwayth wanted to meet you... but I wath afraid that you were dating that kid Junhong and he would beat me up for making a move on you.” he admits, finding the wood of the table suddenly very interesting. 

“ I...” you start, but Sehun interjects, “ I know itth weird, pleathe don’t call me a freak! I jutht wath too thcared to approach you and...”

“... watch you too.” you finally finish. 

He looks up from the table, surprise filling his face, and his lips form an “o” agian. 

“ Why do you look so surprised, half the girls in our school watch you.” you say. 

“ But I don’t like half the girls in our thchool... I only like you.” he admits, looking like a child admitting that they took a candy bar. 

“ I like you too...” you aren’t aware of how the words are fully formed and vocalized, but you are proud of yourself for having the lady balls to say it. 

“ I doubt that... you probably only have a cruthh on me because of my lookth.  Most of the people in our thchool don’t actually like me for me...” he says softly, sadness marring his face.  

“ Who is the actual you?” you ask, hoping he would give the answer you wanted. 

“ Bathically the fumbling, awkward pabo thitting in front of you now.” He explains, blushing profusely.

“ Then I’m glad I’m not most people in our school.” He looks up and his eyes tell you everything.  

They tell you that he understands perfectly what you mean.

They tell you that he likes you even more because of what you mean. 

And, most importantly, they tell you that he wants to ask you... really wants to ask you. 

“ Yes.” the simple, three letter word changes his demeanor completely.  

His eyes glow and his smile covers a good third of his face.  He looks so happy you almost can’t recognize how he is the same boy who was just sitting across from you. 

“ You don’t know how happy I am.” he walks up and pulls you into a hug. 

“ Well if you’re any happier then you look, I’m surprised you haven’t exploded.” you mumble against his chest. 

“ But wait... how did you know what I was going to ask you?” he asks, pulling back to look in your eyes. 

“ I don’t know... I just had the feeling that was what you were going to ask.”  you smile sweetly, and he comes very close and whispers in your ear.

“ You’ll have thex with me then?” he says, his word send chills down your back and your stomach twists. 

‘ NO WAY! OMG that’s the look he was giving me??? what do I do? How do I refuse... I can’t just sleep with him, can I?........... NO! thats ridiculous!’

“ I’m jutht kidding!  That’th not why I’m here.” he kisses you on the cheek, earning a scowl.

“ I wanted to tetht my girlfriend to make thure thhe wath who I thought thhe wath.” he explains, “ I don’t like eathy girlth.... they’re boring.” 

“ Okay, fine, you’re forgiven.” you tell him, still scowling slightly. 

“ Thorry, Jethie-ah....” he pouts, “ I’ll take you out for bubble tea tomorrow morning okay?” 

“ Fine... but don’t think buying me things will always earn my forgiveness.” you say, fighting back the smile that is tugging at your lips. 

“ No, of courthe not.  Thith fathe doeth though.” he gives you a cocky grin, and stops your retort with a kiss. 

His lips press softly into your’s, melting you away.  



 

Bahahaha sorry this is just too funny!!! ANYWAY I hope you all like my pitiful attempt at fluff.  Do keep in mind that I did write this for a friend and it is NOT my usual style, but I guess if you all really like it or something I might be able to write something else like it... idk I don't like fluff so...
 
Please Comment and Upvote (and subscribe if you wouldn't mind even tho there won't be updates)
 
~ Jocelyn xx