Chapter 1

A Trip through time in pictures

 

Hi everyone I'm here with a One-shot that I couldn't help but post. The idea for it originally came to me in a dream last night where I dreamt of ChaeRin sitting in the grass looking through a photo album and I just kind of expanded it from there but in this It's not revealed who's perspective it is written from so I guess you can choose whoever you think it is.

I hope you enjoy and please feel free to comment I always love to get feed back so I can learn and expand my writing :)

oh and what's written in blue are memories :)

 

It was a warm summer day in Seoul and the gentle breeze was caressing the skin of one girl in particular. She was walking slowly through the park her face slightly tilted towards the sky; soaking up the sun's rays and enjoying the feeling of it warming her right down to her bones. She stopped when she came across an empty patch of grass. The breeze blew again pulling tendrils of her loose hair across her face and ruffling the light summer clothes she was wearing. She sat down in the grass and placed the book that had been in her hand gently on the ground. The long grass tickled her exposed legs and she briefly leaned forward to scratch the itch the green strands had left behind. She inhaled deeply breathing in the scent of the summer flowers that were blooming sporadically in her vicinity. She rooted through her bag and finally found her phone, she checked to see if she had a message from that certain someone and she felt butterflies erupt in her stomach when she saw she had one ~I'll be there in 20 minutes xxx~ She placed the phone back in her bag and then carefully pulled the book into her lap. She opened it and automatically a smile spread across her face. In fact it was a photo album not a book, an album filled with pictures of herself and this special someone. Well she wasn't that special someone yet; you see she had loved this girl for as long as she could remember but never had the nerve to tell her but today she hoped she would have the courage to do so.

The first picture was the two of them smiling brightly at the camera, she chuckled lightly as she noticed the gap in her own teeth and the memory of how she'd lost it came to mind

She had been complaining all day to her best friend about her loose tooth and how she wished it would just fall out already. Silently her friend got up and dug through her backpack and with a blinding smile she started to unravel a ball of string. In one swift movement a  piece of string was looped around her tooth and the other end attached to the door handle, and in another swift movement the door had been slammed causing the tooth to fly out of . She picked the tooth up and ran excitedly into her mother where she proudly waved it in her face. Her mother had taken the photo after she had cleaned the blood that was slowly trickling from her daughters mouth

She turned the page to reveal a picture of them in their school uniforms. It had been their first day of big girl school....well that's what her dad had called it.

She had woken up extra early and put on her newly ironed white uniform. As soon as time allowed it she ran from her house to next door and hammered on the front door. The door opened and she sprinted inside forgetting her manners of greeting whoever had opened the door for her. "Come on we are going to be late!" She yelled as she arrived at her friends bedroom door. Her friend gave her a quick smile and skulked out of her room tugging at her uniform "I don't like it" she mumbled. "I don't care" She replied as she grabbed her friends hand and pulled her along. They were captured by her friends parents before they left so they could take a photo.

She giggled at the photo, she was smiling at the camera and she could clearly see the excitement in her eyes while her friend had a deep seated scowl on her face truly not impressed about being forced to wear a uniform.

She flipped to the next page and her heart involuntary lurched. This was a memory that had been irreversibly burned into her brain.

It had been the day she had been dreading for the last month, she had locked herself in her room for 3 straight days when she found out her best friend, her other half was moving abroad. But today was the day she was going and her emotions were all over the place. She'd been watching for the last hour the people she considered her second family pack suitcase after suitcase into their car. She ran from the porch right into her friends arms. Her heart shattered into millions of un-fixable pieces as her arms wrapped around her friend. Tears cascaded from both their eyes as they whispered their promises of staying in touch and forever being best friends. 

This was the image that was captured, a moment of raw emotion one that neither of them would ever forget. She rolled her eyes to the sky in an attempt to stop the tears from falling but one made a path down her cheek and landed on the page and she quickly wiped it off not wanting it to stain the picture.

She composed herself and and turned the page a laugh erupting from deep inside her. 

This was a picture from her 16th birthday and she had screen captured her friend on their Skype call as she herself had moved and was now living worlds apart from her best friend. Her friend was wearing some kind of ridiculous outfit with butterflies painted on her face and Happy Birthday balloons floating in the background. There was a sign in her hand that had made her scream the house down ~HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Guess what?.........I'm coming to visit you in a couple of weeks!~

Her whole body warmed as she stared at the photo. She had never ever felt that kind of excitement before knowing that she was going to be reunited with her best friend after all these years. She flipped through the next few pages that were filled with their reunion and everything they had done. She stopped on another page

This was just a couple of days before her 18th birthday and her family had just moved back to Seoul about  3 months before. Almost as soon as they had arrived back she got the news that her friend was moving back too. So here she was waiting at the arrivals hall for her bff to finally be here. The doors slid open and there she was helping her parent's push the weighed down trolleys full of luggage.

This photo had captured the moment her friend and spotted her and to say her facial expression was priceless was a complete understatement.

She looked at her watch to see how long she had left before this person was to arrive and she let out a shaky breath when it revealed she only had 5 minutes remaining. She continued to look through the pages with a permanent smile stuck on her face as more and more memories were revealed through the pictures from their first day of college, to college parties, to when they went traveling around Europe, to hysterical Selcas they had taken, to their college graduation, to their holiday in Jeju Island last year. Her heart thumped harder as she recognized in each and everyone of the photos how her feelings had changed and evolved into love. Her eyes settled on the last photo in the album.

Her fingers reached out to brush over her friend's features. This photo had only been taken a few days ago.

They were sitting in her apartment getting ready for a movie night and for the life of them they couldn't agree on a movie to watch. In the end they ended up cuddled up on the same couch talking about the past and reminiscing on old memories. She had snapped the photo after they had recovered from a bout of hysterical laughter. Neither of them were wearing make-up.

Even looking at the photo now she wondered how someone could be so beautiful. The breeze picked up and tangled her hair across her face forcing her to put the album aside so she could fix it. Just as she was finished she noticed a shadow was beginning to cast itself on her and even though when she looked up she was nearly blinded by the sun she could see someone walking towards her. The person only appeared as a silhouette but she could tell exactly who it was. A shining smile grew on her face when the person stopped and sat down in front of her pulling the album into her own lap and a small smile graced her features.

"I love you" She blurted out and the smile on the other girls face only grew bigger until it threatened to split her face in two

"Well that took you long enough, I've been waiting 6 years for you to say it....I love you too!" she replied, slowly and carefully closing the album.