Gone, forever.

It's Too Late for Regrets

A/N: This is not going to be good, so don't expect it to be. This is more of a private story of mine about what's been going on recently in my life and I believe this is one of the way for me to cope with the bad things in life, writing about it. Sorry if you're expecting a good fic.. //bows//

 

Seunghyun is a top student who is always busy with his life, both academically and socially. He is currently busy applying for his scholarships and writing up letters and filling in applications to the sponsors that has given him an offer and also to those who he wishes to recieve from on top of working as an intern in a property company. Amongst all this, Seunghyun has been neglecting one of his best friends who was a year younger, Jiyong. Throughout their college days, they have been so close, Seunghyun was the senior that Jiyong would always look up to and hang out with. They were so close that people started mistaking Jiyong as a senior sometimes. This lead to jealousy and rumours spreading about Jiyong. Jiyong however, never cared as Seunghyun was always there for him to protect him and clear up these rumours. However, they forgot that the difference in years would mean that Seunghyun would be graduating first. 

After Seunghyun's graduation, they still remained friends, still kept up-to-date with each other via texting and othe SNS. They were still close. Seunghyun kept telling Jiyong to find a close friend from his year and stick with them since Seunghyun was not there anymore, and Jiyong did. The first few months of the semester, Jiyong got on well with his new group of friends and still kept in touch with Seunghyun, though a bit more less as compared to before. 

Seunghyun's phone buzzes as he was doing his internship in a big property company. "Aishhh!" he scolded as he reached for it and read the message, it was from Jiyong.

Hyunggg, what are you doing? I'm so bored. I miss you. Wish you're still here and we can make fun of these kids here.

Seunghyun smiled as he read it. Jiyong was too cute and he reminded him of the days they would sit around and make fun of the freshmen and their fashion sense.

Aigo, I know Jiyong ahh. I wish I'm still there too, but I'm at work now. We shall talk later, okay?

Okay hyung.(: came the reply quickly

Seunghyun sets his phone down and continued back to work. After hours of facing the computer screen, answering emails and marking up sales and appointments, it was finally 5pm, time to go home. But he looked at the bundle or papers on his desk and decided to stay abck and did overtime for work. Hours and hours of more boring paperwork and it was almost 9pm, and he was reaching his limit. He god up, stretched and packed his things asap to go home. On the bus home, he decided to finally check his phone, cursing as he sees that the battery had died. He knew that there was people who had texted him before, but he was too busy to check it. 

As soon as he got hope, he charged his phone and jumped in bed as soon as he took of his clothes, leaving only his boxers on, forgetting about checking his texts and SNS from fatigue.

The next morning, Seunghyun would shower and breakfast quickly and head off to work again. Only in the bus would he check his phone. He turned it on and noticed that there was multiple texts and missed calls. He answered the urgent ones, which were mostly from work and his mother. And when he reads the final message, it was from Jiyong. He was just about to reply to it when the bus reaches his stop. He put his phone back in his pocket and headed off into the office. This would repeat everyday, he would tell himself to reply to Jiyong, but forgets about it from his mundane, but busy schedule.

____________________________________________________________________________________

After about 3 months, Seunghyun finally gets a break for a few weeks form his internship. However, he was even more busy as scholarship deadlines are coming closer. He still needs to take some tests, gets more documents from people to support his application and keeping good relationships with those who he knows are part of the board for scholarship applications as he has been called into interviews, invited for lunch and all that jazz.

His relationship with Jiyong was still close, to him at least as he often thinks about him and wish he was doing well, praying that Jiyong doesn't take their lack of communication as anything bigger than that he was simply too busy. During a day out with his family, Seunghyun recieved a text from Jiyong complaining about his collegemates and how some people have been spreading rumours about him and causing him to fight with his close friends. Seunghyun tried his best to keep consulting Jiyong while engaging with his family. It was hard, but he believed that it was all okay since Jiyong thanked him and sounded better in the text. Jiyong also told him to be more active on SNS as he will be more on there from now on. Jiyong promised to check it at least twice a week, but yet again, he failed to do so becasue he was busy.

Soon after, he recieved a text from Jiyong.

Hyung, do check your SNS if you have the time. Thank you.

Seunghyun frowned and decided to check it out later. He also decided to reply to it after he finishes what he was doing at the moment, watching some variery show because he was stressed with his busy life and needed to laugh a little bit. After he finishes the show, again, he forgot about the text and forgot about checking his SNS.

It wasn't untill a couple of weeks later that he suddenly remembered about it. He quickly got on his SNS and opened his private messages. What he saw just made him stop what he was doing. It was multiple messages from Jiyong. His Jiyong that was always so bright and cheerful...

Hyung, it's me again. I know you're busy and I have been texting and calling you, but you didn't answer. I just needed to vent hyung. I hope you understand. Answer me hyung.

The tears started pooling in his eyes after the first message..

Hyung? Why aren't you answering? Hyung everyone here is turning their backs on me. I am done hyung. I'm tired of explaining myself for things that isn't true. Why do I have to prove myself when all of these stories are fake? Hyung..I need you right now. I can't take this anymore. I feel like taking my life now hyung. It hurts too much.

By now, his tears were a slow stream, his heart ached at knowhing his dongsaeng's pain and how he was not there. He was about to type a reply, to get his phone and call him when his eyes saw that there was another message, the most recent one, about 4 days ago.

Hyung, if this is the last message you hear from me hyung, know that you're my one true friend..and I love you, hyung. You've always been there for me hyung. Fogive me. This is not your fault, hyung. I'm not strong enough..

Seunghyun started screaming, bawling his eyes out, he was so frustrated and pained, how couls he be so caught up in his own world to not realise that his friend, the one who loved him and he loved back, needed him?!

He quickly picked up his phone and dialled Jiyong's number that he had memorised by heart. A girl picked up.

"Hello?" she answered softly, sounding puzzled.

Seunghyun cleared his throat, trying to contol his breathing and sobbing. "Is...is Jiyong there?"

"Seunghyun.." the girl gasped. "no..Jiyong he..he killed himself..I tried to contact you but--"

Seunghyun dropped his phone, fall down on his hand and kness, screaming and crying out for Jiyong. His Jiyong..was gone, forever.

 

 

 

A/N: What I want you guys to know is that you should always, always, always make time for people. You never know what will happen. I learnt this the hard way. I hope you won't have to as well. Thanks. Comment and all that stuff..