Night 1

I'm not a gentleman!

“Umma, can you tell me a story?”

“Okay puppy, which story do you want to hear, Snow White or The Sleeping Beauty?”

She looked away from me and pulled her blanket over , “But I want to hear something new”

I giggled at her cuteness and brushed off the strip of hair from her forehead. I thought for a moment, maybe I should tell her our story.

“Alright, whatever my puppy say…” I pretended to wonder… “how about I’ll tell you a romantic story without a title, and when we finish, you can think of a title?”

She removed the blanket from and looked into my eyes, kicking her feet rapidly inside the blanket, “OKAY! Go ahead umma~”

A warm smile appeared on my face as I started to flash back, “So there was a girl named Soo Kyung Shin, she’s a really strong girl like your umma, wealthy and have a loving family. That night before her family camp….”

Night before camp

Kyung wore her favourite strawberry, soft, fluffy, can’t sleep without pyjamas, lying on her bed. Staring into space, thinking of what should she wear tomorrow. With the curious mind of hers, she quietly climbed out of bed. With the support of the dim night-lamp she managed to creep around to her closet. So for the next one hour or so, she tried as many combinations of outfits possible for the next day. But as she put the last clothe back, her vision became blurry, and her body felt heavy. Without colliding into any objects, she quickly walked to her bed, kicked off her pink furry slippers, and climbed in to bed.

-

In no time, half of the city was illuminated, birds began to hum their morning melody and traffic repeated their busy routine again.

While Kyung was still fast asleep, many were awake.

Bang, Pong, Dong, Ching #*&@#$%

"Honey, hurry up and get ready for camp~" A feminine voice called

Due to the noisiness, Kyung was already half awake, she tossed and turned in bed, blocking her ears with the pillow.

"Come on~ the sun is shining on you bum"

Before you could react to anything…

DING! DING! DING!

Kyung was fully awake by the sharp aching sound made by a triangle. In reflect she jumped out of bed with her usual messy bed hair.

“ARHHHHHHH!” She yelled so hard that the neighbour’s dog began to bark.

Both her parents were stunned, but her mum broke the awkwardness "Honey-ah, do you even remember that we're having a family camp today?"

Crap, I forgot… Although Kyung forgot, she tried to cover it up by lying. “…Of course I do!”

Her mum and dad looked at each other then looked back at her, making an ‘I doubt it’ face.

“Whatever, I forgot, sorry” Kyung rolled her eyes and checked the time, not even 7am... She looked over to the window and checked the weather, dark clouds, mid wind, looks freezing, damn, I was thinking of shorts… Isn’t it summer?

-

“Soo Kyung Shin has been looking forward to the family camp at the beach this whole year, but the weather wasn’t playing easy on her, cold, wind and rain storm. Looks like her day will not go smoothly.” I smiled and ended it, “I’ll tell you more tomorrow night ok?” I gave her a kiss and began to leave.

“Umma, I hope Kyung’s day will go smooth and fine”

My heart was pierced as she said fine, “I hope so too…” With a fake smile I left the room.

Immediately closed the door and collapsed on the floor, keeping my voice as low possible, I began to cry.

I said I’ll never cry again, SMILE SOO KYUNG SHIN! SMILE, and happily face tomorrow and the day after!

As you can tell, the entire story is going to be a whole new series, so please look forward to it, I love when people comment to, it helps me to realise my mistakes xoxo kisses and hugs